Sad story

Old July 19th 04, 01:44 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default Sad story

Buzzy Bee wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:43:12 -0500, "Donna Metler"
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

I didn't need it for the U/S at 6 wks 6 days in this pregnancy, but there
was no dehydration issue whatsover.

There was no dehydration issue for me. The ultrasound tech estimated
I'd had about 750ml in my bladder, since I'd prepared for the fact
they would ultrasound. However I was told it was protocol and they
would not do the ultrasound if I refused (the tech said this was
rubbish).

It was eventually removed in a room with the door wide open and only
my strategically placed husband shielding me.

For this "treatment" I got a bill for $2500, though my travel
insurance picked it up in the end.

This part of the thread is now giving me the creeps! Yuck! I've had
issues with a not full enough bladder, and in all cases, they just
waited for the water to move to the right location. (obviously these
were not emergencies) I considered myself unlucky at the time because
of the inconvenience (although I never complained), but now I think I
was lucky. ;-)
Old July 20th 04, 12:14 AM
Donna

"Jenrose" wrote in message

"Donna" wrote in message

If a drug is proven *as* effective (instead of more
effective) than a competitor's, but has a better QOL outcome, it makes

for
better product, in a way.

Does that make sense?

Well, I actually think QOL is important. For example... if I take Advair,

have few asthma attacks. If I take Singulair, I have few asthma attacks.

My
quality of life is *much* better with Singulair, because it is a pill and

only have to take it once a day, vs. inhalant twice per day. Singulair

also
happens to deal with some other allergy issues as well, but the asthma

thing
is why I take it, primarily. And that's all about QOL. Benedryl is as or
more effective than Zyrtec at fighting allergies, but at every 4-6 hour
dosing and the sleepy side effects, the QOL is much lower.

Jen, that's a very good argument for QOLs. Thanks for making it. I don't
do much OTC work, so your example really helps me put this in solid terms.
Thanks.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of the post on homebirth, etc - not
that I didn't read it, and don't value your experiences, but because I'm
just sick to death of the whole thread, and this newsgroup is just about the
last place for me to be discussing anti-holistic/homebirth/pro-medicine
stuff. But I'm glad you are comfortable in your choice.

Donna