Announcing...

Old November 19th 05, 01:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Announcing...

G'day

oht nak 8-)

Madeleina Venus (7 lb 7 ozs, 19.25") was born by a natural VBAC on Sat
Nov 12th at 6:41 am after 3 hrs 20 mins of labor, including a speed down
the freeway with my bum in the air trying not to push. No offense
elizabeth, but I had no desire for a car birth 8-)

She is beautiful of course, and had no problems other than a harried day
of phototherapy that resolved her bili levels faster than her ped would
believe (I know it was all the mummy milk I pushed on her during that
day). My milk came in on day 3 and we are nursing like pros.

I, on the other hand, have had major complications due to extensive
blood loss and am living on my couch with a hemocrit of 6-ish (should be
6 or 7 time higher). I was kept in the hospital till Tues night and have
only just started to get on top of stuff, specially since DS1 has been
home sick too.

I promise to write the birth story sometime soon, but the bottom line
was the birth itself, although fast and furious, was perfect! 8-)

DrRuth
Old November 19th 05, 01:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

Ruth Shear wrote:
G'day

oht nak 8-)

Madeleina Venus (7 lb 7 ozs, 19.25") was born by a natural VBAC on Sat
Nov 12th at 6:41 am after 3 hrs 20 mins of labor, including a speed down
the freeway with my bum in the air trying not to push. No offense
elizabeth, but I had no desire for a car birth 8-)

Yeah! How wonderful.

I, on the other hand, have had major complications due to extensive
blood loss and am living on my couch with a hemocrit of 6-ish (should be
6 or 7 time higher). I was kept in the hospital till Tues night and have
only just started to get on top of stuff, specially since DS1 has been
home sick too.

Yikes! Take care of yourself.

I promise to write the birth story sometime soon, but the bottom line

was the birth itself, although fast and furious, was perfect! 8-)

I'm so glad. Welcome sweet Madeleina.

Mary W.

Old November 19th 05, 02:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Ruth Shear" wrote in message
news
G'day

oht nak 8-)

Madeleina Venus (7 lb 7 ozs, 19.25") was born by a natural VBAC on Sat
Nov 12th at 6:41 am after 3 hrs 20 mins of labor, including a speed down
the freeway with my bum in the air trying not to push.
snip

congrats! Sounds like an adventurous birth, I look forward to reading the
story.
I'm eagerly awaiting my own Madeline, so it made me smile to see your
Madeleina Venus name! Very pretty, and original without being *too*
original, YKWIM?
congrats again!
Amy

Old November 19th 05, 03:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

Ruth Shear writes:

Madeleina Venus (7 lb 7 ozs, 19.25") was born by a natural VBAC on Sat
Nov 12th at 6:41 am after 3 hrs 20 mins of labor, including a speed down
the freeway with my bum in the air trying not to push. No offense
elizabeth, but I had no desire for a car birth 8-)

Congratulations! Homebirth next time? :-)

She is beautiful of course, and had no problems other than a harried day
of phototherapy that resolved her bili levels faster than her ped would
believe (I know it was all the mummy milk I pushed on her during that
day). My milk came in on day 3 and we are nursing like pros.

Yay!

I, on the other hand, have had major complications due to extensive
blood loss and am living on my couch with a hemocrit of 6-ish (should be
6 or 7 time higher).

Are you sure that's really your haematocrit (percentage of blood volume
occupied by red blood cells) as oppsed to your haemoglobin level (grams of
haemoglobin per deciliter of blood)? My own haemoglobin was 6.2g/dL
following a largish PPH, so I know how that feels, but I'm not completely
convinced one can live with a haematocrit of 6%...

Hope you're soon feeling better, anyway.

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

Old November 19th 05, 05:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

Ruth Shear wrote:

Madeleina Venus (7 lb 7 ozs, 19.25") was born by a natural VBAC on Sat
Nov 12th at 6:41 am after 3 hrs 20 mins of labor

Congrats!

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

Old November 19th 05, 06:17 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

In article ,
Ruth Shear wrote:

G'day

oht nak 8-)

Madeleina Venus (7 lb 7 ozs, 19.25") was born by a natural VBAC on Sat
Nov 12th at 6:41 am after 3 hrs 20 mins of labor, including a speed down
the freeway with my bum in the air trying not to push.

Felicitations!
--
Sara
accompanied by TK, number two, due in April of 2006
Old November 19th 05, 08:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

Congratulations Ruth and family! Wow, J was right all along! I'm sure
he's very excited about her middle name!

I'm so glad you got the VBAC that you had wanted, and hope you are
feeling better soon!

Annie

Old November 19th 05, 09:34 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

Congratulations on the arrival of your little girl! I am glad the VBAC
went well.

REst up, I am looking forward to reading your story. I hope you are
being well looked after.

Larissa
Mum to
DD feb 99
DS mar 01
DD2 dec 03

Old November 19th 05, 09:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

Many congratulations Ruth, bummer about the blood loss, hope your levels get
up soon

Anne

Old November 20th 05, 12:21 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Ruth Shear" wrote in message
[...]

Congratulations Ruth and welcome to the lovely Madeleina Venus. Such a
beautiful name for a beautiful girl.
Is DS just loving her and being a protective big brother?

I'm glad to hear that she is doing so well.
Just get well yourself now.
Amanda