OT - for those of you with pets & kids in school...

Old February 5th 04, 03:05 PM
Kari

Default OT - for those of you with pets & kids in school...

I just had to share, it's partly amusing and partly not so, it wasn't very
funny at the time! My crazy dog decided she would get on the bus with Kaylie
this morning. And not only get on, but NOT get back off. The bus had to pull
off to the side of the road and the driver, bus monitor and Kaylie had to
push her out the door. I usually stand in the door watching Kaylie run down
and I had to set the baby down, get my boots on, coat, etc and run down our
very long, icy driveway until she saw and heard me finally ran back. I feel
like I should call the school to apologize, I feel so embarrased but Im sure
the kids thought it was hilarious (dont know about Kaylie though, I bet she
didn't, lol) We have a fairly large 80 lb golden retriever, not easy to
persuade sometimes and hard to move, though she is the biggest baby and
would never hurt anyway Im sure but still...she is just way way too
friendly. Plus it's been so awful outside, today it's in the 30's and the
first sun we've had so I let her out when Kaylie was out to run around for a
few minutes. She has been out many many times before when the bus comes and
has NEVER done anything like that before.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Geez I hope so, I feel like an idiot
dog owner right now.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (4) Xander (4 mos) and to a big ole dog in need of
training - Abby (7 yrs)

Old February 5th 04, 04:08 PM
Nikki

Kari wrote:
I just had to share, it's partly amusing and partly not so, it wasn't
very funny at the time! My crazy dog decided she would get on the bus
with Kaylie this morning. And not only get on, but NOT get back off.
The bus had to pull off to the side of the road and the driver, bus
monitor and Kaylie had to push her out the door.

That is a great story :-) Our cat followed us 3 blocks to church one day
and we didn't know it. The church doors were open as it was summer. About
1/2 way through here comes this giant siamese up the aisle. We sure
scrambled to get him since the Preist always kept his Great Dane in a room
off to the side. Great Dane chasing cat with attitude around the church
during mass would not be good, lol.
--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old February 5th 04, 04:43 PM
Cathy Kearns

"Kari" wrote in message
[...]

Unfortunately, there are many children that are afraid of
dogs, and off leash dogs on their "safe" bus probably
didn't help them feel they had control over the situation.
I hope none of the kids thought it was hilarious they could
now tease those scared of large dogs for the rest of the
year.

didn't, lol) We have a fairly large 80 lb golden retriever, not easy to
persuade sometimes and hard to move, though she is the biggest baby and
would never hurt anyway Im sure but still...she is just way way too
friendly. Plus it's been so awful outside, today it's in the 30's and the
first sun we've had so I let her out when Kaylie was out to run around for

few minutes. She has been out many many times before when the bus comes

and
has NEVER done anything like that before.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Geez I hope so, I feel like an

idiot
dog owner right now.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (4) Xander (4 mos) and to a big ole dog in need of
training - Abby (7 yrs)

You might call the school and apologize, and so the teachers
know the dynamics of what happened on the bus this morning.

Old February 5th 04, 07:00 PM
Kari

Unfortunately, there are many children that are afraid of
dogs, and off leash dogs on their "safe" bus probably
didn't help them feel they had control over the situation.
I hope none of the kids thought it was hilarious they could
now tease those scared of large dogs for the rest of the
year.

You're right. I certainly hope that wasn't the case and I truly feel awful
about what happened. I will no longer allow the dog to be outside when her
bus is approaching. I do feel really bad. I didn't find the situation
amusing, especially at the time.

You might call the school and apologize, and so the teachers
know the dynamics of what happened on the bus this morning.

I plan on doing that today, thanks.

Kari