Ohio and retroactive child support orders

Old January 26th 05, 11:05 PM
JayR

Default Ohio and retroactive child support orders

Interesting ruling in Ohio. The kid found her dad when she turned 18
and nailed him for $53,000 in retroactive CS.

http://www.wapakdailynews.com/articl...ews/news03.txt

http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/rod/ne...-Ohio-7107.pdf
Old January 28th 05, 03:39 PM

I know it's just day-dreaming, but still...

The arguement underlying this I believe is that the child had certain
rights which are not lost either by the passage of time or the failure
of the custodial parent to pursue the non-custodial parent.

It's nice to day-dream about my son suing his mother for living off of
his child support for the last 14 years. I'd sure love an accounting of
how it cost $280,000 from me plus her contribution (sure, sure) to
raise him from age 14 to 18. I am hoping that from 18-23 he will at
last get most of what I pay.

I know all too well that there is an apple-cart here that the courts
don't want to upset, but it is still nice to dream.

The reality though based on my experiences with the courts is that they
would rule that I should have known better and it was my fault for
obeying the court order and that I now owe my son over a quarter of a
million.

Don