Ada started solids

Old December 9th 05, 09:45 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Ada started solids

well we were supposed to be waiting til tomorrow, but it would have seemed
so mean not to do it today, she had a couple of shavings of carrot, a couple
of pieces of flesh from a tomato, some potato and a tiny morsel of chicken,
decided not to do the purees thing, she coped fine today with the morsels we
gave her , so I see no problem why not to contine like that.

Anne

Old December 10th 05, 03:08 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Anne Rogers wrote:
well we were supposed to be waiting til tomorrow, but it would have seemed
so mean not to do it today, she had a couple of shavings of carrot, a couple
of pieces of flesh from a tomato, some potato and a tiny morsel of chicken,
decided not to do the purees thing, she coped fine today with the morsels we
gave her , so I see no problem why not to contine like that.

Anne

That's fantastic! DS#2 wolfed down mashed (organic) carrots, minced
broccoli, and roasted lamb for supper tonight. He is the Squash King,
happily forgoing anything else as long as I've made squash - which I am
now cooking more frequently than ever before! I'm impressed at how much
he likes meat, very finely cut/shredded. I'm waiting till 8 mo or so
with this guy before introducing anything tomatoey, just because we had
so much trouble with diaper rash.

Was today a special day, or was she just really anxious to try the
food?

Melania

Old December 10th 05, 11:57 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Melania" wrote in message
oups.com...
He is the Squash King,
happily forgoing anything else as long as I've made squash

My little guy is a squash fiend too. Which is odd because I'd never really
made/eaten it much before. Just goes to prove how they come out with their
own tastes etc I guess! Maybe as my guy is introduced to more foods he'll be
less attached to squash, I don't know, but it does amuse me.

Melissa
Mom to Connor born 05/24/05

Old December 11th 05, 03:52 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Melissa Walton" wrote in message

"Melania" wrote in message
oups.com...
He is the Squash King,
happily forgoing anything else as long as I've made squash

My little guy is a squash fiend too. Which is odd because I'd never
really made/eaten it much before. Just goes to prove how they come out
with their own tastes etc I guess! Maybe as my guy is introduced to more
foods he'll be less attached to squash, I don't know, but it does amuse
me.

Melissa
Mom to Connor born 05/24/05

Squash is the only food that the Monk really loves. Must be the thing that
tastes most like breastmilk

Impressed with Ada, because Monk, 6 months last Sunday has trouble with any
kind of lump, and gags terribly, occasionally vomiting.

Old December 11th 05, 06:19 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Was today a special day, or was she just really anxious to try the
food?

we were out for a meal with my grandparents and aunt and uncle, so she was
sat in a highchair, also a first, she's only started showing an interest in
the last week, but it really did seem the right time. She's followed it up
with banana, sweet potato, breadstick, cucumber, all very small pieces, but
it is going down, not up, we haven't used a bib and her clothes are clean!

She'll get to try squash in the next couple of days. I am really pleased how
she has done as it is so much easier just to give her titbits than purees.

Anne

Old December 12th 05, 12:36 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Child" wrote in message
Squash is the only food that the Monk really loves. Must be the thing that
tastes most like breastmilk

There must be something about squash - DD loves squash and sweet potatoes
best, is okay with other vegetables, and is not real keen on fruits yet.
Fruits are a bit of a struggle.

Sarah
DD 3/1/05

Old December 12th 05, 08:03 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Anne Rogers writes:

: she had ..., a couple
: of pieces of flesh from a tomato,

Careful with the tomato. It is pretty acidic and can cause
a pretty raw diaper rash. Give in small amounts and watch
carefully afterwards!

Larry