Sling/Pouch/Wrap??

Old January 22nd 04, 08:47 PM
Usenet Fan

Default Sling/Pouch/Wrap??

I am interested in trying a sling or wrap type carrier for wearing my
kiddo. I got an Infantino sling as a gift, but he seems to just get
lost in the pouch of fabric. I have a Baby Bjorn, lent from a friend,
but my OB suggests a sling instead.

I hear good things about the Maya wrap, but I see on their website
that they also have a pouch design too.

Anyone here try the pouch one, and what did you think? Is the Maya
the best way to go for a sling type carrier anyway?

Advice wanted!!

Robin
Old January 22nd 04, 09:16 PM
Rob, Laura and Izabella

I have both the pouch and the wrap, and I love the sling. I used the pouch
2 times I beleive if that. And now I use the sling all the time!!!
I would suggest that one.

--
Laura, TTC #2
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

m...

Old January 22nd 04, 10:36 PM
Kat

"Usenet Fan" wrote in message
m...
I am interested in trying a sling or wrap type carrier for wearing my
kiddo. I got an Infantino sling as a gift, but he seems to just get
lost in the pouch of fabric. I have a Baby Bjorn, lent from a friend,
but my OB suggests a sling instead.

I hear good things about the Maya wrap, but I see on their website
that they also have a pouch design too.

Anyone here try the pouch one, and what did you think? Is the Maya
the best way to go for a sling type carrier anyway?

Advice wanted!!

Robin

I tried the pouch with DD and didn't like it because I couldn't adjust to
wear it would fit me better (it actually fit DH better than me) and I also
couldn't change her position hardly at all. We are going to try the sling
this time. But I think Maya might have changed teh design of the pouch to
where it is adjustable so you might like it. Sorry if i just confused you
more.
Kat
Mama tO Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 23rd 04, 04:39 AM
A&G&K

"Usenet Fan" wrote in message
m...
I am interested in trying a sling or wrap type carrier for wearing my
kiddo. I got an Infantino sling as a gift, but he seems to just get
lost in the pouch of fabric. I have a Baby Bjorn, lent from a friend,
but my OB suggests a sling instead.

I hear good things about the Maya wrap, but I see on their website
that they also have a pouch design too.

Anyone here try the pouch one, and what did you think? Is the Maya
the best way to go for a sling type carrier anyway?

Advice wanted!!

Robin

I've now got a Baba Sling : http://www.babaslings.com/ and love it already.
I can carry my 17 mo daughter comfortably in it and its so easy to get on
and off. I had borrowed an ABA (front or back carry, upright) one last time
and it was a pain to get on and off and was awkward once DD put on a bit of
weight - and very difficult to get in and out of quickly. the Baba sling
also holds my 10 + kg daughter in a position which doesn't seem to strain
my neck or spine.
I haven't tried the Baba on a newborn yet, but apparently the sling design
is easier on the spines of small babies than an upright design (which can
put too much pressure on the base of a small baby's spine). I like the fact
that there are many different ways of wearing it to suit children from 0 to
about 3 (I think). Its made locally (to me) and was much cheaper than most
other slings I looked at.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002