Maternity clothes?!

Old December 29th 03, 07:38 PM
Jody Pellerin

Default Maternity clothes?!

I'm almost 14 weeks along and now have to wear maternity clothes... is this
right?? None of my old pants fit me anymore. My skin is also very sensitive
now. I hate it. If I wear the wrong type of material, the on my inner legs
gets irritated and sore. My hands are so dry the skin has cracked. Even my
bra started to bug me. I'm sure the fact that it's winter doesn't help but
this is unreal. *Cries*

--
Jody
EDD 29/06/04

Old December 29th 03, 07:57 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Jody Pellerin wrote:

I'm almost 14 weeks along and now have to wear maternity clothes... is this
right?? None of my old pants fit me anymore. My skin is also very sensitive
now. I hate it. If I wear the wrong type of material, the on my inner legs
gets irritated and sore. My hands are so dry the skin has cracked. Even my
bra started to bug me. I'm sure the fact that it's winter doesn't help but
this is unreal. *Cries*

Yeah, that's about right.

I also seem to get heat rashes right at the sides of my crotch where it
meets my thighs. I have to change underwear and wash more frequently
with anti-bacterial soap (I love dial shower soap). I have been using
some baby powder too to curb the sweating. I can't wait until it stops,
lol

Old December 29th 03, 08:08 PM
Honey38ch

Even my
bra started to bug me.

I'm almost 16 weeks and I recently went to buy new bras. I have tiny breasts
normally, but pregnancy has given them some substance - Hurray!! These new
bras are great, but they ITCH!

I looked at maternity clothes, but right now I am getting along in elastic
waist pants and a pair of jeans a size too big for me. I also have a great
pair of Calvin Klein khakis which I can only wear with a belt when I am not
pregnant, but which fit perfectly now - they have an extra big waistline for
their size, I guess.

Sympathies about the itching and irritation. When I am alone, I scratch like a
gorilla. Just have to remember not to do it in public...
Honey

Old December 29th 03, 08:41 PM
Jill

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message
I'm almost 14 weeks along and now have to wear maternity clothes... is

this
right??

I think this sounds just right. I am 5 months along now. The changes my body
went through were really weird. I remember at 5 weeks along I went out of
town with my husband to Jacksonville FL which is about 6 hours away by
car...when I was packing my lowrise stretch jeans and favorite black knit
pants fit me fine. When we got down there, I started to pooch out, and the
black elastic-waist pants started feeling too tight for comfort- I thought I
was going to have to start wearing maternity. Between 5 weeks and 3 months I
lost 15 pounds (morning sickness) and was able to continue wearing my jeans
and those black knit pants. Actually I am still wearing the black knit pants
currently....but have had to stop wearing the jeans and more fitted pants. I
bought maternity starting at about 14-16 weeks. Besides weight loss from
morning sickness another thing that made a difference is that by not having
to work and not feeling well to boot, I did not go out of the house much, so
I did not have to buy many clothes/oants. If I was in the workforce still, I
am sure I would have had to buy maternity MUCH earlier...because fitting in
those black knits pants to run to the store or for a family gathering is NOT
the same as being forced to wear them for 10 hours at a stretch! (They fit
not, but I know what you mean about being sensitive to fabric etc...and
sometimes, my stomach pooches out a bit more and I have to make sure they
stay under the belly etc). If the elastic wasn't "looser", I wouldn't still
be wearing them- I have other pants in the same size that have a thicker and
tighter elastic and i stopped wearing them long ago.

My husband felt sorry for me a couple months ago and bought me 2 pairs of
sweatpants to wear around the house- he bought me a men's x-large to be sure
they fit. I am 5'2! They look funny but it was a nice thought and they are
comfortable even if they're too big to wear out. They will probably stop
fitting my stomach when I fully am showing!

Old December 29th 03, 09:41 PM
HollyLewis

I'm almost 14 weeks along and now have to wear maternity clothes... is this
right?? None of my old pants fit me anymore.

That's pretty normal. Even though you may not have gained much weight or have
much of a belly yet, your waist is probably disappearing, so fitted pants get
uncomfortable. But you may find that maternity clothes aren't really right
yet, either -- they may be saggy until your bump is bigger. Try buying (or
borrowing, if you've a larger friend who's also pg or one who's lost a lot of
weight recently) some pants in two sizes or so up from what you normally wear.
If you get knits or stretch-fabric pairs, especially an elastic waist or a
no-waist style, you may be able to keep wearing them well into midpregnancy,
and they'll come in handy again post-partum when you can't stand to wear
maternity clothes but don't yet fit back into your old jeans. Oh, and some
women have good luck with low-riding pants for the same purpose -- you might
even be able to get your regular size, and just wear them under your belly.

Holly
Mom to Camden, almost 3
EDD #2 6/8/04
Old December 30th 03, 12:10 AM
Shelly

I had the same problem when I was about 14 weeks...nothing fit! You're
probably still too small for the maternity pants with the panels, but some
of the maternity lines have pants that are designed for the second trimester
that might work for you. These generally look like normal pants in the
front, but have elastic or drawstrings in the back, so you can let them out
as your tummy grows. I know Motherhood Maternity has pants like this fairly
cheap, but I'd have a hard time recommending them, since the quality of some
of their clothes (especially their "career" slacks) is REALLY poor and they
have an awful return policy. I'm sure some other maternity stores have
similar pants, though.

If you want something that will last you longer than a few months, I have
found that drawstring yoga pants were great. I bought a pair around 12
weeks, and am still wearing them at 29.

HTH!
-Michelle
and Critter edd 3/14/04

Old December 30th 03, 05:53 AM
Susanne Koenig

I'm almost 14 weeks along and now have to wear maternity clothes... is

this
right?? None of my old pants fit me anymore.

Jody, take heart. I started wearing maternity pants at the same time (I am
23 days away from my due date). I just recently started wearing maternity
tops, so you can't tell how big you are going to get by what happens first.
I also did this with the first baby, seven years ago. I just couldn't wear
anything snug on my stomach.

My skin is also very sensitive
now. I hate it. If I wear the wrong type of material, the on my inner legs
gets irritated and sore.

Try an old trick that knitters (that would be me) use when treating wool:
Use human hair conditioner in your wash. Just put about a cup in the wash
during the rinse cycle, and see if this helps. It helps tremendously with
wool, I'll tell you that much! It's a miracle worker. I would suggest
dissolving it first by using a blender and some water. See if that helps.

My hands are so dry the skin has cracked.

Now this is the worst part of pregnancy for me. I thought my skin was going
to itch off my body, and the first pregnancy was during the summer--in
Oklahoma! I suggest any oatmeal lotion; Avon has one that's cheap and
works especially well. Moisture Therapy or Bag Balm will heal your hands in
a matter of days. Aveeno is expensive but works great as well. My hands
and feet in both pregnancies would itch so much I couldn't sleep. First
time I used the Avon Oatmeal lotion, but this time around I got a Dr.
Scholl's parafin bath. I don't know what I would have done without it..
the parafin that comes with the unit is most excellent.

Even my
bra started to bug me. I'm sure the fact that it's winter doesn't help but
this is unreal. *Cries*

Again, try the conditioner. Also try www.thebuststop.com. That woman knows
everything there is to know about bras. Her slogan (I kid you not) is 26AAA
to 60 OO. That's right. OO. She has it stapled up on the wall of the
dressing room, and I'm looking at it thinking to myself, "what's next, two
Toyota mini-trucks?" :-)

Sk

--
Jody
EDD 29/06/04

Old January 5th 04, 01:06 AM
Donna

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message
I'm almost 14 weeks along and now have to wear maternity clothes... is

this
right??

That was my experience with my first pregnancy. You're normal.

BTW: don't be surprised if you need maternity clothes even earlier with
subsequent pregnancies. I've been wearing the damn things since 8 weeks
this time around.

Donna (sympathetically)

Old January 5th 04, 01:53 AM
Jody Pellerin

O_O Wow. It didn't take long for me to start showing either. I should have
been in maternity clothes before this but I delayed it as long as possible.
I just love these pants and shirts though. They look good and they're
comfortable

Old January 5th 04, 04:57 AM
Jill

Is anyone else here finding that you are not the same size in maternity as
you are in regular clothing pre-pregnancy? For example, while your
pre-pregnancy size in Small-Medium-Large etc was medium, now that you are
pregnant, your bust size is larger etc and you need a Large in maternity?
This has happened to me- I don't think I am choosing maternity clothes that
run small, they just are made for my old size plus belly, and don't
accomodate my boobs!

I bought some maternity clothes today... Mary Pregnancy 6 December 3rd 03 01:51 AM
Great Maternity Clothes nnn. Pregnancy 0 August 24th 03 03:32 AM
Maternity Clothes in the UK John TM Pregnancy 6 August 21st 03 04:17 AM
Rome Maternity Clothes B Pregnancy 0 July 27th 03 07:36 PM
Maternity clothes? WD Pregnancy 15 July 14th 03 08:54 AM