Can I fit three booster seats in the back bench of my Dodge Grand Caravan?

Old September 5th 06, 03:14 AM posted to misc.kids
khl

Default Can I fit three booster seats in the back bench of my Dodge Grand Caravan?

I have a 2001 dodge Grand caravan with two bucket seats and a back
bench. My four children (all in car seats/boosters) fit fine, but I
don't have room for a friend. Does anyone know if it is possible to
fit 2 boosters and a car seat in the back bench? Since there is no
shoulder strap in the center of the bench, I would have to put a car
seat there, and two boosters on either side. The car seats and
boosters i own, however, do not fit on the bench all together. Does
anyone have any suggestion?

KHL

Old September 5th 06, 03:45 AM posted to misc.kids
xkatx

"khl" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 2001 dodge Grand caravan with two bucket seats and a back
bench. My four children (all in car seats/boosters) fit fine, but I
don't have room for a friend. Does anyone know if it is possible to
fit 2 boosters and a car seat in the back bench? Since there is no
shoulder strap in the center of the bench, I would have to put a car
seat there, and two boosters on either side. The car seats and
boosters i own, however, do not fit on the bench all together. Does
anyone have any suggestion?

KHL

???
If you have enough proper seat belts to properly use with the seats, and if
they all fit on the seat without falling off or something, then why not?
My suggestion is if you don't have room for a friend, then your friend needs
to take their own vehicle. I can't fit any friends in my car with my kids
in, so friends and the like need their own way around, as I am not a taxi,
and to attempt to accommodate others if it's unsafe or illegal is not my
bouquet of roses.

Old September 5th 06, 05:46 AM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

khl wrote:
I have a 2001 dodge Grand caravan with two bucket seats and a back
bench. My four children (all in car seats/boosters) fit fine, but I
don't have room for a friend. Does anyone know if it is possible to
fit 2 boosters and a car seat in the back bench? Since there is no
shoulder strap in the center of the bench, I would have to put a car
seat there, and two boosters on either side. The car seats and
boosters i own, however, do not fit on the bench all together. Does
anyone have any suggestion?

You'll have to measure and see if you can find
other carseats and boosters that are acceptable to you
that will fit. You'll have a hard time getting three
across in most cars/vans. The backless boosters tend to
be a bit smaller, and some carseats are narrower than
others. It's very tight quarters with three in child
restraints across the back, though, and the carseats/
boosters you'd need to make it fit might be too small
for the kids (depending on the size of your kids).

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old September 5th 06, 05:47 AM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

xkatx wrote:
"khl" wrote in message
oups.com...

The car seats and
boosters i own, however, do not fit on the bench all together.

^^^

???
If you have enough proper seat belts to properly use with the seats, and if
they all fit on the seat without falling off or something, then why not?

She said the ones she has *don't* fit.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old September 5th 06, 06:06 AM posted to misc.kids
Tori M

We got 3 car seats to fit in a 89 dodge caravan. Our intrepid would fit 3
also. for your instance though it helps a bit if one of the car seats is
rear facing.... That might not be possible though. When we did it it was
with 2 highback boosters and my daughters seat. is it possible for an adult
to sit in the way back with the little ones?

Tori
oups.com...

Old September 5th 06, 12:27 PM posted to misc.kids
khl

Well, i am tring to see if there is a safe and legal way to accomodate
a friend-- that is the point of my posting. Any Dodge Grand Caravan
owners out there that have successfullly fit three car seats/boosters
in the back bench?
xkatx wrote:
oups.com...

Old September 5th 06, 02:24 PM posted to misc.kids
Knit Chic

"Tori M" wrote in message
.. .
We got 3 car seats to fit in a 89 dodge caravan. Our intrepid would fit 3
also. for your instance though it helps a bit if one of the car seats is
rear facing.... That might not be possible though. When we did it it was
with 2 highback boosters and my daughters seat. is it possible for an
adult to sit in the way back with the little ones?

Tori

I was also able to get 3 to fit very well in my Intrepid. While it's not
the same ... I'm able to put 3 seats in my Scion xB with no problem at all
and it is a much smaller car.

oups.com...

Old September 5th 06, 04:39 PM posted to misc.kids
Tori M

You could always get a travel car seat for when your friend is going to be
with you.. it is much smaller then a regular car seat.

Tori
"khl" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, i am tring to see if there is a safe and legal way to accomodate
a friend-- that is the point of my posting. Any Dodge Grand Caravan
owners out there that have successfullly fit three car seats/boosters
in the back bench?
xkatx wrote:
oups.com...

Old September 5th 06, 08:55 PM posted to misc.kids
khl

Hi Tori-

Great ideas. I will see if I put the baby's rear facing car seat in
back center-- if that works. Also, what type/brand of car
seats/boosters do you have? Thanks.