In Labor

Old February 9th 08, 11:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default In Labor

Congratulations, Betsy.

Anne
Old February 10th 08, 08:19 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

Congratulations, Betsy and welcome to a new Baby Girl!

Hope you are feeling better (I also lost a lot of blood, and looking
back, should have had a transfusion probably). Take it easy!

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James
Old February 10th 08, 08:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"betsy" wrote in message
On Feb 6, 3:37 am, "Welches"
wrote:

Good luck. As you haven't followed up yet, maybe baby's here?
Debbie

Yes, she is here. This is the first chance I've had to get to the
computer.
Here are some details.

My baby was born on Tuesday about 6 hours after I last posted. She
weighed 8 lbs 13 oz when they got around to weighing her.

Congratulations.
Hope you all feel better shortly.
Debbie

Old February 11th 08, 12:35 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Akuvikate

On Feb 9, 1:55 pm, betsy wrote:
On Feb 6, 3:37 am, "Welches"
wrote:

Good luck. As you haven't followed up yet, maybe baby's here?
Debbie

Yes, she is here. This is the first chance I've had to get to the
computer.
Here are some details.

My baby was born on Tuesday about 6 hours after I last posted. She
weighed 8 lbs 13 oz when they got around to weighing her.

Congratulations! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Kate, ignorant foot soldier of the medical cartel
and the Bug, 4 and a half
and something brewing, 4/08
Old February 11th 08, 07:58 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Feb 9, 2:05 pm, NL wrote:
betsy schrieb:

fine. Are you going to tell us her name or are you keeping it a secret,
or have I just missed it?
Welcome to the world little girl :-)

Thanks for the welcome. I thought I'd keep her name private. I
haven't shared my other kids names either.

--Betsy
Old February 11th 08, 08:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Feb 9, 2:25 pm, "april & co"
wrote:
They think I lost about 2 liters of blood and I am supposed to be
careful for a while. My milk came in last night, much later than
usual for me, but I am feeling thankful for it coming in well after
the blood loss. I feel that I received very good care. Despite
having things go in a way I didn't plan,
it doesn't feel like too bad an experience.

My baby is very cute and has lots of hair. We haven't even managed to
take her first picture yet. I guess I better find the camera.

--Betsy

Awww Betsy I'm so glad she's here and that you are both doing well. I've
been thinking about you for the last few days wondering how it all went so
although you lost that blood I am pleased to hear all else went well. You
take care and will speak soon.

april

Thanks, the recovery is going well and she seems to be an easy baby so
far. This is especially nice since I'm getting tired quickly.

--Betsy
Old February 11th 08, 08:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Feb 5, 8:46 am, Anne Rogers wrote:

well, fingers crossed, betsy, maybe the virus is doing wierd things to
you, I've done the joint pain in labour thing and it's unpleasant, so
you have my sympathies, let us know what happens....

Anne

I'm sorry that you have experienced the joint pain during labor thing
too. It seemed so strange. I don't think my midwives had seen it
before. After my baby was born, the all over joint pains were gone.
I don't know whether it was the natural progression of the virus, or
the end of labor that caused them to go away.

The hip pains that I had been experiencing for months were mostly gone
too. When they finally let me get up and walk, I was immediately able
to do it. I wasn't expecting this since last time it took about a
week before moving began to get easier. During the later months of
this pregnancy, whenever I got out of bed, I would need to sit for
some time getting my hips straightened out before I could walk. If I
needed to rush to a child, I had to crawl painfully.

--Betsy
Old February 11th 08, 10:36 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

betsy wrote:
On Feb 5, 8:46 am, Anne Rogers wrote:

well, fingers crossed, betsy, maybe the virus is doing wierd things to
you, I've done the joint pain in labour thing and it's unpleasant, so
you have my sympathies, let us know what happens....

Anne

I'm sorry that you have experienced the joint pain during labor thing
too. It seemed so strange. I don't think my midwives had seen it
before. After my baby was born, the all over joint pains were gone.
I don't know whether it was the natural progression of the virus, or
the end of labor that caused them to go away.

I'd had pretty severe joint pain for a month before delivery, I had SPD
from 20 weeks and lots of other aches and pains, but one day I woke up
and it was completely different, it did fit the profile of aches and
pains you get with flu, but there was no sign of any infection. It was
so bad and so fast onset, I got assessed in the hospital that day, then
a few days later saw a rheumatologist, the rheumatologist said it was
fibromyalgia and I now know that it did look very much like an acute
fibromyalgia flare up, but I also know that it wasn't that. It must have
been related to my hypermobility, but that doesn't explain the acuteness
of onset, maybe there is a sudden ramp in relaxin levels at 35 weeks or
something. It was unrelenting, getting in a birth pool gave relief, but
it didn't last once I got out, oral painkillers did barely anything to
it either. I ended up spending the last week in hospital on the strong
stuff, by that stage I couldn't function at all, I couldn't sit up, even
to eat, I couldn't hold a fork to feed myself. In labour I did myself
some serious damage in the hips and pelvis, but just like you as soon as
it was done, I was pain free, it just turned out to be temporary. I know
you get a huge rush of hormones as you give birth, I also did some nerve
damage, which masked a lot. The problem in labour wasn't so much the
pain itself, more what I couldn't do because of it, I knew contractions
were much more managable upright, yet I couldn't support myself to be
upright.

Anne
Old February 12th 08, 12:08 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

betsy schrieb:
On Feb 9, 2:05 pm, NL wrote:
betsy schrieb:

fine. Are you going to tell us her name or are you keeping it a secret,
or have I just missed it?
Welcome to the world little girl :-)

Thanks for the welcome. I thought I'd keep her name private. I
haven't shared my other kids names either.

--Betsy

See, I thought that might be the case but I was too laz uhm, busy ;-)
to check whether you use names at all in your posts. :-)

cu
nicole

still no labor Graciesmom Pregnancy 9 November 5th 05 10:18 AM
How to tell when you are in labor Daye Pregnancy 9 December 24th 03 07:12 PM
I seem to be in labor..... Karen Pregnancy 6 September 17th 03 03:06 PM
Where were you...labor? VirginiaGirl Pregnancy 29 September 14th 03 06:54 PM
How did your labor BARBABA Pregnancy 10 July 19th 03 02:50 PM