woo hoo - got the good to go

Old December 19th 07, 07:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default woo hoo - got the good to go

I had my 6 week post hip surgery check today, my last question was "how
long should I wait before getting pregnant?" and the doc said no need to
wait!!!!!!!! There are lots of other reasons why we aren't going to
start trying today, but it was so good to hear, I half expected him to
suggest it wouldn't be a good idea ever. He did say the weight gain
might be a problem, but when I told him what I had gained previously he
wasn't too concerned (I don't seem to lay down fat when pregnant, both
times I weight 4lb more the day after the birth than when I got
pregnant, which is mostly increased size of the uterus and breasts).

So I'm going to spend the next few months getting as fit and strong as
possible. I'm also thinking about dietary changes I might make, I don't
think I'm getting enough iron or calcium.

We're discussing Spring 2008 as when we might aim to have a baby, though
as I fairy strongly don't want to be heavily pregnant in summer, if it
didn't happen in the right time range, we'd take a break - though I
wouldn't be surprised if once in the thick of it we wouldn't want to
stop trying! We also have to consider visas and when we might move, we
moved ourselves 1/3 of the way around the world twice with 1 child and
me pregnant and that is a big unknown right now, but the next few months
should give us some idea - a move from here would be more complex than
the temporary move so I definitely don't want to that either whilst
pregnant or within a year or so of the birth.

It's fantastic feeling we now have something to aim for, before I had
this surgery, it looked like being pregnant was a very bad idea, the hip
was very painful and was limiting the work I could do on other areas,
I'd thankfully got most things to fine for day to day living, but not as
far as I could tell for being pregnant.

Happy Dancing here!

Anne
Old December 19th 07, 09:56 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lucy-lu

Oh, that's great news! I hope all continues to go well and you get #3 as
soon as you want.

Congratulations!

Lucy x

Old December 20th 07, 12:49 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Congrats! I hope your hip is feeling much better after the surgery, and you
recover fully and quickly!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_Guest1, Password:
guest
Password

Old December 20th 07, 04:27 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
I had my 6 week post hip surgery check today, my last question was "how
long should I wait before getting pregnant?" and the doc said no need to
wait!!!!!!!!

That is wonderful news Anne!

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old December 20th 07, 01:16 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jeni Steers

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
I had my 6 week post hip surgery check today, my last question was "how
long should I wait before getting pregnant?" and the doc said no need to
wait!!!!!!!!

That's brilliant news Anne. I remember how sad you were at the thought of
not being able to have any more - so that's great news! Good luck when you
do ttc.

5 weeks till this little man is due - and it can't come soon enough!!

Jeni

Old December 20th 07, 02:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

On Dec 19, 11:40 am, Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

Congrats, Anne--that is awesome! :-)

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James

Old December 20th 07, 04:35 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Great news Anne

Andrea
Old December 20th 07, 07:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Lucy-lu wrote:
Oh, that's great news! I hope all continues to go well and you get #3 as
soon as you want.

Thanks, I'm not too concerned if it takes time, I'm still young, first
two I got pregnant on the first attempt, so I don't have any idea what
it's like to wait, then wait some more etc. but I keep reminding myself
that it won't necessarily happen so fast.

Cheers
Anne
Old December 20th 07, 07:01 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Jamie Clark wrote:
Congrats! I hope your hip is feeling much better after the surgery, and you
recover fully and quickly!

Thanks Jamie, I'm just about hitting the point where it's less painful
that before surgery, though it's a different pain, so yesterday I
carried DD up the stairs for the first time since the op and it was
fine, when before the op it was a big problem.

Anne