Update

Old December 20th 07, 04:34 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default Update

Was scanned by the consultant this morning.. after just one week the
placenta and sac have shrunk by lots.. it's like a miricle considering
the size last week and the fact it had kept growing..

So I'm very happy baby is due 12th July. Thanks to everyone that
responded.
Old December 21st 07, 11:58 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

They think it will will be fine.. but have warned me that my AFP test
will come back high due to it originally being twins.. but that won't
make the baby any more likely to have problems.

Andrea

On 20 Dec, 19:39, Anne Rogers wrote:
wrote:
Was scanned by the consultant this morning.. after just one week the
placenta and sac have shrunk by lots.. it's like a miricle considering
the size last week and the fact it had kept growing..

So I'm very happy baby is due 12th July. Thanks to everyone that
responded.

That's great news, are they going to continue to watch you closely, or
are they assuming that now it's got smaller it will stay that way?

Cheers
Anne

Old December 21st 07, 02:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

On Dec 20, 8:34 am, wrote:
Was scanned by the consultant this morning.. after just one week the
placenta and sac have shrunk by lots.. it's like a miricle considering
the size last week and the fact it had kept growing..

So I'm very happy baby is due 12th July. Thanks to everyone that
responded.

Oh, that's wonderful. ((hugs))

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James
Old December 21st 07, 09:01 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Pologirl

Andrea,

That is wonderful good news! I am sorry about your lost twin,
though. (A moment of silence...)

Andrea wrote:
They think it will will be fine.. but have warned me that my AFP test
will come back high due to it originally being twins.. but that won't
make the baby any more likely to have problems.

That's correct. Maternal serum AFP tests have been used for years to
screen for twin pregnancies, among other things. Now, though,
ultrasound exams are making most maternal serum AFP tests redundant.
I never bothered with that test.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing. You've had
enough anxiety already.

Keep in touch!

Pologirl