Youth Footbal

Old August 17th 06, 03:19 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

Default Youth Footbal

Fractured tibia.

Someone please just shoot me now?

Old August 17th 06, 11:47 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

Moon Shyne wrote:
Fractured tibia.

Someone please just shoot me now?

I thought they only shot race horses for that ? grin
What the heck are you doing playing youth football ..sheesh no
wonder?!?!?!?!?! :-)

oucheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though how is your son doing? Sorry to hear of his injury.
Bev

Old August 18th 06, 11:02 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 02:19:05 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Fractured tibia.

Someone please just shoot me now?

oh no. Sorry to hear that. So... what color cast?

One of those full leg stabilizers for now, with all the velcro straps -
we're still waiting to get the radiology report. If he needs a cast, he
says he wants a purple one (football colors are purple and white)

Old August 18th 06, 11:03 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"Bev" wrote in message
ups.com...

Moon Shyne wrote:
Fractured tibia.

Someone please just shoot me now?

I thought they only shot race horses for that ? grin
What the heck are you doing playing youth football ..sheesh no
wonder?!?!?!?!?! :-)

oucheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though how is your son doing? Sorry to hear of his injury.

The idea of crutches is getting old already - and if he tries to walk on the
bad leg ONE MORE TIME!!! I'm gonna have to break the other one G

Bev

Old August 18th 06, 02:20 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:02:36 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 02:19:05 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Fractured tibia.

Someone please just shoot me now?

oh no. Sorry to hear that. So... what color cast?

One of those full leg stabilizers for now, with all the velcro straps -
we're still waiting to get the radiology report. If he needs a cast, he
says he wants a purple one (football colors are purple and white)

I hope the treatment is just a cast then.... poor kid. But that's sports
for you. You couldn't have foreseen this happening.

\It's a contact sport - there's always that risk.

Truthfully, I'll be more comfortable if they put him in a cast - my biggest
fear, right now, is that he'll try to walk on it, or fall or something, and
break it even more. From the x-rays, it looks like it's a top corner of the
tibia, it flanges out in a way that it sure as heck looks like it's broken -
but it's not a fracture that goes through the whole bone - so we're still
hoping that it isn't as bad as it could have been,

I think I'll have that put on my tombstone - "it could have been worse" - I
seem to be saying that a whole lot this past year....... sigh

Old August 19th 06, 03:46 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:20:59 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

\It's a contact sport - there's always that risk.

Yep. And the kid wanted to play. Sports are very good for kids. They
teach a lot more than just how to throw, kick, catch.... like
sportsmanship, working together for a goal, discipline, and how not to
give up.

Truthfully, I'll be more comfortable if they put him in a cast - my
biggest
fear, right now, is that he'll try to walk on it, or fall or something,
and
break it even more. From the x-rays, it looks like it's a top corner of
the
tibia, it flanges out in a way that it sure as heck looks like it's
broken -
but it's not a fracture that goes through the whole bone - so we're still
hoping that it isn't as bad as it could have been,

That must have been some tackle/fall/bang. On the plus side, when he
wants to get out of chores, he can say, "My old football injury is
acting up."

Well, we finally got the radiologist report - negative for a fracture!
(it's a miracle) - apparently, it's some "benign cortical defect" which
affects something like 30% of boys and 40% of girls, and is pretty much a
total non-event, unless and until the kid gets an xray for some other
injury, in which case it looks pretty hinky on the x-rays.

So now, the official word is that he probably strained the lateral ligament
(the one on the outside edge of the knee/leg), he can run, bike, throw and
catch, just no tackling for a week or so.....

So no getting out of chores, and yes he'll get to play all the games this
year - just has to miss the scrimmages, which are next weekend, so my dad
won't get to see him play.......

drumroll

it could have been worse G

I think I'll have that put on my tombstone - "it could have been worse" -
seem to be saying that a whole lot this past year....... sigh

You know you've had it bad when you can say, "Bring it on... you cannot
possibly do worse and I've survived that... so bring it on."

LOL!! we hit that point about a year ago

Now it's just a shrug, a roll of the eyes, and a "so what else is new"

The drugging of foster youth Charles Fibson Foster Parents 26 July 6th 06 09:06 PM
Throwaway kids wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 June 22nd 06 04:52 PM
The drugging of foster youth wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 June 11th 06 03:10 PM
Many former foster youth become homeless Phillip Foster Parents 17 May 6th 05 02:58 PM
Midwest Evaluation of the Adult Functioning of Former Foster Youth:Conditions of Youth Preparing to Leave State Care wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 April 17th 04 04:28 PM