Tube sterilization and pregnancy

Old June 2nd 05, 02:27 PM
Rene

Default Tube sterilization and pregnancy

Hi
On last October when I had my second kid born in c-section I had my tubes
tied. Could I get pregnant? I haven't got my period this month (It comes
pretty much on time, the last three anyway) and I feel sick to my stomach
for the last week. Could I be pregnant?
Thanks

Old June 2nd 05, 02:42 PM
Cuddlefish

"Rene" wrote in message
. com...
Hi
On last October when I had my second kid born in c-section I had my tubes
tied. Could I get pregnant? I haven't got my period this month (It comes
pretty much on time, the last three anyway) and I feel sick to my stomach
for the last week. Could I be pregnant?
Thanks

What does a pregnancy test suggest? Have you spoken to your doctor?

There have been cases of tubals failing in the past for women who have had
their tubes cut and tied after birth. One hypothesis is that the body is in
'repair mode' after surgery and may help with 'repairing' tubes that have
been cut. I guess it also depends on the method your doctor used to
sterilise you.
--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug

Old June 2nd 05, 03:51 PM
alath

Rene wrote:
Hi
On last October when I had my second kid born in c-section I had my tubes
tied. Could I get pregnant? I haven't got my period this month (It comes
pretty much on time, the last three anyway) and I feel sick to my stomach
for the last week. Could I be pregnant?
Thanks

Tubal ligation is one of the most reliable methods of birth control,
but it isn't 100%.

If you think you might be pregnant, you should follow up with your
doctor immediately. If you do get pregnant post tubal ligation, there
is a high risk of an ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy that gets stuck in
the tubes). If so, this could be a medical emergency. Definitely see
your doctor and definitely get a pregnancy test... pronto.

Old June 2nd 05, 07:35 PM
Nan

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:27:14 GMT, "Rene" wrote:

Hi
On last October when I had my second kid born in c-section I had my tubes
tied. Could I get pregnant? I haven't got my period this month (It comes
pretty much on time, the last three anyway) and I feel sick to my stomach
for the last week. Could I be pregnant?
Thanks

Yes, it is certainly possible.
Have you done an HPT or been seen by your doctor yet?

Nan