utensil reuse for lunchbox?

Old November 13th 03, 12:12 PM
Penny Gaines

Default utensil reuse for lunchbox?

FibbersCloset wrote in :

Pencil box?

Or a box sold to put a toothbrush in for traveling.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

Old November 13th 03, 03:53 PM
Bruce and Jeanne

Carolyn Jean Fairman wrote:

Robyn Kozierok wrote:
In article ,
Carolyn Jean Fairman wrote:

I'm at a total loss. I need some way to send a fork and a spoon to
school with my son where the fork/spoon are reusable and come back
home and the *container* is also reuable. I just can't stand sending
utensils out in a little plastic baggie every single day. It drives
me nuts to toss the baggie at the end of the day. I want some sort of
hard case I can stuff utensils into that then goes into the dishwasher
with the fork and spoon.

What's wrong with loose in the lunchbox? Works for us...

Call me a neatnik but a loose spoon before eating would get dirty and
then *after* applesauce, yogurt, etc, a loose spoon would get the
inside of the lunchbox dirty.

I just want some plastic case that would isolate the utensils before
and after use. Loose wouldn't work for me.

--Carolyn

I clean the inside of DD's lunchbox everyday otherwise it's gets pretty
funky inside. I also just throw in the utensils loose everyday. DD does
get a cloth napkin (as a "placemat") and two paper napkins. She can
wrap the utensils in the cloth napkin.

Jeanne

Old November 13th 03, 05:48 PM
Splanche

BTW, one of the other great uses of those Clorox Wipes that come in what looks
like a baby wipe container.....
We use them on the inside of the lunchbox pretty often.

Old November 15th 03, 08:10 PM
Rosalie B.

x-no-archive:yes

In some places, metal utensils may not be allowed. Especially knives
of course.

In any case, instead of putting the things in a plastic baggie, why
not just wrap the eating part in a bit of saran wrap to be discarded
at school.

I always sent the kids lunches in a paper bag and didn't expect
anything to come back. I only sent a thermos or something that would
come home with my dh who was responsible enough to remember to bring
stuff back. For preference, I would want them to eat the school lunch
as it was much less work for me.

(Carolyn Jean Fairman) wrote:

I'm at a total loss. I need some way to send a fork and a spoon to
school with my son where the fork/spoon are reusable and come back
home and the *container* is also reuable. I just can't stand sending
utensils out in a little plastic baggie every single day. It drives
me nuts to toss the baggie at the end of the day. I want some sort of
hard case I can stuff utensils into that then goes into the dishwasher
with the fork and spoon.

I found the 'Sassy' utenstil carrier but it seems to fit toddler sizes
forks and spoons not anything larger -- does anyone have this who can
give me the measurements? Second I found a lot of hello kitty
fork-spoon-chopstick combos in plastic containers but they are all $16
or more!

*Sigh* I really don't understand why this would be so hard to find.

--Carolyn

grandma Rosalie