Accused Teen Said to Keep Enemies List

Old July 9th 03, 12:47 AM
dfsdfasdf

Default Accused Teen Said to Keep Enemies List

If someone takes this angle about this they are ignorant. Columbine
kids had both parents, what was the excuse there? I don't believe this
has anything to do with psychosis or even systematic psychological
abuse by classmates, which can cause mental problems and pent up
anger. We just don't know what motivates certain kids to be pushed
over the edge from being picked on, while other kids' internalize it
and grow up with low self-esteem and complexes. Who knows? But it has
nothing to do with single parent homes, especially single parent homes
where the father is the single parent.

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:54:21 -0500, "Moon Shyne"
wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/nati...Teen-Plot.html

The father, Ron Lovett, has raised his sons alone since his wife died nearly 10
years ago

Old July 9th 03, 01:02 AM
Moon Shyne

"dfsdfasdf" wrote in message
If someone takes this angle about this they are ignorant. Columbine
kids had both parents, what was the excuse there? I don't believe this
has anything to do with psychosis or even systematic psychological
abuse by classmates, which can cause mental problems and pent up
anger. We just don't know what motivates certain kids to be pushed
over the edge from being picked on, while other kids' internalize it
and grow up with low self-esteem and complexes. Who knows? But it has
nothing to do with single parent homes, especially single parent homes
where the father is the single parent.

Then perhaps we'll quit hearing so much about how single mothers 'ruin'
children. Those of us mothers raising good, considerate children would probably
appreciate it.

Old July 9th 03, 02:10 AM
Freedom

I don't know how you can ignore urban street gangs where the violence and
death sticks out like a sore thumb. In most all those situations the
fathers have been removed. These are well known facts.

Old July 9th 03, 02:38 AM
Phil #3

"dfsdfasdf" wrote in message
If someone takes this angle about this they are ignorant. Columbine
kids had both parents, what was the excuse there? I don't believe this
has anything to do with psychosis or even systematic psychological
abuse by classmates, which can cause mental problems and pent up
anger. We just don't know what motivates certain kids to be pushed
over the edge from being picked on, while other kids' internalize it
and grow up with low self-esteem and complexes. Who knows? But it has
nothing to do with single parent homes, especially single parent homes
where the father is the single parent.

If "We just don't know..." how can you be so sure "...it has nothing to do
with..."?
Phil #3

Old July 9th 03, 02:56 AM
dfsdfasdf

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 18:38:54 -0700, "Phil #3"
wrote:

"dfsdfasdf" wrote in message
.. .
If someone takes this angle about this they are ignorant. Columbine
kids had both parents, what was the excuse there? I don't believe this
has anything to do with psychosis or even systematic psychological
abuse by classmates, which can cause mental problems and pent up
anger. We just don't know what motivates certain kids to be pushed
over the edge from being picked on, while other kids' internalize it
and grow up with low self-esteem and complexes. Who knows? But it has
nothing to do with single parent homes, especially single parent homes
where the father is the single parent.

If "We just don't know..." how can you be so sure "...it has nothing to do
with..."?
Phil #3

Yes, good point, but we know that these crimes are comitted by kids
from double parent homes and single mother homes, also. So the point
that is has nothing to do with coming from a single father home, yes,
of course it could, but it is a high probability that it has nothing
to do with that fact.

Old July 9th 03, 05:06 AM
The Dave©

"Moon Shyne" wrote
The father, Ron Lovett, has raised his sons alone since his
wife died nearly 10 years ago

What's your point?

Old July 9th 03, 09:53 AM
Mel Gamble

Columbine was an anomaly. The problem is kids who have failed to develop a
sense of worth and a sense of responsibility, kids who have failed to learn
that actions have consequences, kids that have their values all screwed up.
Columbine was ONE example of an "intact" family which failed to instill these
important lessons, possilbly in spite of all good intentions. This story is
ALSO an anomaly - it is ONE example of a single father who failed in the same
way.

But our prisons and juvenile detention centers are FULL of the status quo -
(mostly) men from single-mother-headed "families" where that same teaching
failed.

Kids from an intact family CAN "go bad". Kids from a single father home CAN
"go bad". But the statistics show that the odds of a kid going bad are MUCH
higher for kids from single mother homes.

Mel Gamble

Old July 9th 03, 09:54 AM
Mel Gamble

You give nasty WAY too much credit, Chris.

Mel Gamble

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"dfsdfasdf" wrote in message
If someone takes this angle about this they are ignorant. Columbine
kids had both parents, what was the excuse there? I don't believe this
has anything to do with psychosis or even systematic psychological
abuse by classmates, which can cause mental problems and pent up
anger. We just don't know what motivates certain kids to be pushed
over the edge from being picked on, while other kids' internalize it
and grow up with low self-esteem and complexes. Who knows? But it has
nothing to do with single parent homes, especially single parent homes
where the father is the single parent.

Then perhaps we'll quit hearing so much about how single mothers 'ruin'
children.

The statistics speak for themselves.

Those of us mothers raising good, considerate children would probably
appreciate it.

There's a few of you.

Old July 9th 03, 10:01 AM
Mel Gamble

Yes...

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 18:38:54 -0700, "Phil #3"
wrote:

"dfsdfasdf" wrote in message
. ..
If someone takes this angle about this they are ignorant. Columbine
kids had both parents, what was the excuse there? I don't believe this
has anything to do with psychosis or even systematic psychological
abuse by classmates, which can cause mental problems and pent up
anger. We just don't know what motivates certain kids to be pushed
over the edge from being picked on, while other kids' internalize it
and grow up with low self-esteem and complexes. Who knows? But it has
nothing to do with single parent homes, especially single parent homes
where the father is the single parent.

If "We just don't know..." how can you be so sure "...it has nothing to do
with..."?
Phil #3

Yes, good point, but we know that these crimes are comitted by kids
from double parent homes

But the odds are MUCH lower that kids from "double parent" homes will do such
things...

and single mother homes, also.

Not just "also". Kids from single mother homes are much more likely to be
involved in such undertakings.

So the point
that is has nothing to do with coming from a single father home, yes,
of course it could, but it is a high probability that it has nothing
to do with that fact.

You mistakenly get this fact straight. The "probability" that a kid from a
single father home - or a "double parent" home - will be involved in one of
these crimes is much lower than the probability that a kid from a single-mother
home will be involved. So the fact that this particular kid is from a single
father home is just an anomaly among the statistics.

Mel Gamble