teaching supplies

Old August 24th 06, 10:23 PM posted to misc.kids
Aula

Default teaching supplies

wrote in message
oups.com...
Where an I get preschool teaching supplies? I'm looking for things like
alphabet chart, world map, alphabet/number blocks etc. I prefer a shop
I can visit locally (not on web). Are there stores/chains that carry
these kinds of teaching material?

i've found some of those things in the stationary dept. at places like
wal-mart/kmart/target. book stores also carry such things, the big chain
book stores are more likely than local mom and pops. teacher supply stores
are also handy, check your yellow pages for that.

-aula

Old August 25th 06, 01:16 AM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"Aula" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
Where an I get preschool teaching supplies? I'm looking for things
like
alphabet chart, world map, alphabet/number blocks etc. I prefer a
shop
I can visit locally (not on web). Are there stores/chains that
carry
these kinds of teaching material?

i've found some of those things in the stationary dept. at places
like
wal-mart/kmart/target.

I've found *some* things like that at the big box stores, but nothing
on the order of what teacher supply stores have. For people who
haven't been to one, I highly recommend it.

Bizby

Old August 25th 06, 03:13 AM posted to misc.kids
Aula

"bizby40" wrote in message
news
I've found *some* things like that at the big box stores, but nothing
on the order of what teacher supply stores have. For people who
haven't been to one, I highly recommend it.

You *did* read my whole post, right?

-Aula

Old August 25th 06, 12:01 PM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"Aula" wrote in message

"bizby40" wrote in message
news
I've found *some* things like that at the big box stores, but
nothing
on the order of what teacher supply stores have. For people who
haven't been to one, I highly recommend it.

You *did* read my whole post, right?

Yes, what's your point? I just wanted to stress to those who'd never
been to a teaching supply store that it's a pretty awesome place, and
that they should check it out if they can. I tend to avoid our local
"high quality toy store" as it seems to me that it's really just a
higher-priced alternative to the chains, and it's rare that they have
something that the regular stores don't that I actually want. So when
I heard about the teacher's supply store, I was skeptical -- thought
it would be pretty much the same thing, just higher prices on things
that you don't really want anyway. But DD had her heart set on a
particular game she'd played at school, and when I couldn't find it
anywhere else, I went there. I was really astonished at all they
have.

You seemed to me mentioning teacher's supply stores as an
afterthought, and I think it's more of a "must see".

Bizby

Old August 25th 06, 03:35 PM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler

"bizby40" wrote in message

"Aula" wrote in message

"bizby40" wrote in message
news
[...]

However (and this is the teacher speaking), I can tell you that the
identical item will be significantly cheaper if you get it somewhere other
than the teacher's supply store. There's a lot of materials that are only
available through them or mail order, but the combination of being local
businesses and often being one of the only places in the area where a
teacher can use a school PO (and schools being notoriously slow to pay on
these) pushes prices way, way up.

Bizby

Old August 25th 06, 05:32 PM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"Donna Metler" wrote in message
.. .

"bizby40" wrote in message

"Aula" wrote in message

"bizby40" wrote in message
news I've found *some* things like that at the big box stores, but
[...]

Yes, and as you can see by my comments about the toy stores, I am not
one to pay extra just because of the snooty factor. But sometimes it
really is worth it to pay a bit extra for the convenience or the
service or the advice or being able to see what you're getting.

Bizby

Old August 26th 06, 12:15 AM posted to misc.kids
Aula

"bizby40" wrote in message

"Aula" wrote in message

"bizby40" wrote in message
news
I've found *some* things like that at the big box stores, but
nothing
on the order of what teacher supply stores have. For people who
haven't been to one, I highly recommend it.

You *did* read my whole post, right?

Yes, what's your point?

The point is that your choice to snip the part of my post where I mentioned
that as an option made it appear that you were trying to point that out to
me. Your opinion is valid, just as valid as mine. Perhaps different
wording in your response or placement in the thread as a response to the OP
would have avoided giving the impression that I overlooked the teacher
supply store.

-Aula

Old August 26th 06, 03:39 AM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"Aula" wrote in message

"bizby40" wrote in message

"Aula" wrote in message

"bizby40" wrote in message
news I've found *some* things like that at the big box stores, but
nothing
on the order of what teacher supply stores have. For people who
haven't been to one, I highly recommend it.

You *did* read my whole post, right?

Yes, what's your point?

The point is that your choice to snip the part of my post where I
mentioned
that as an option made it appear that you were trying to point that
out to
me. Your opinion is valid, just as valid as mine. Perhaps
different
wording in your response or placement in the thread as a response to
the OP
would have avoided giving the impression that I overlooked the
teacher
supply store.

-Aula

Or maybe you're being way to sensitive for some reason? I don't
honestly care how you feel about teacher's supply stores.

Bizby

Old August 26th 06, 04:04 AM posted to misc.kids
Aula

"bizby40" wrote in message

Or maybe you're being way to sensitive for some reason? I don't
honestly care how you feel about teacher's supply stores.

no, you don't care to admit that you could have posted your suggestion in a
way less likely to antagonize a member of the community.

-aula

Old August 26th 06, 04:45 AM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"Aula" wrote in message

"bizby40" wrote in message

Or maybe you're being way to sensitive for some reason? I don't
honestly care how you feel about teacher's supply stores.

no, you don't care to admit that you could have posted your
suggestion in a
way less likely to antagonize a member of the community.

Well, as I didn't intend to antagonize you, and am still a bit
mystified as to why you feel antagonized, I don't think that I could
have.

You may; however, feel free to reword my post in whatever way you find
to be less objectionable.

Bizby

teaching supplies bizby40 General 1 August 25th 06 01:25 AM
teaching supplies Laura Faussone General 0 August 24th 06 08:37 PM
Learning, Teaching and Schools - Taken from 'Koos Nolst Trenite Anecdotes - Zero Tolerance for Evil Impulses - etc.' - Issued as {HRI 20060815} (Version 1.1.1-UAA on 16 Aug 2006) Koos Nolst Trenite General 1 August 16th 06 07:38 PM
Learning, Teaching and Schools - from 'Koos Nolst Trenite Anecdotes - Zero Tolerance for Evil Impulses - etc.' - Quote issued as (HRI 20060815} on 15 Aug 2006 Koos Nolst Trenite General 1 August 15th 06 05:40 PM
Distinguished OBSTETRIC Teaching at UCLA? Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 January 15th 05 02:30 PM