Breast refusal

Old June 15th 07, 10:50 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Chookie

Default Breast refusal

In article ,
"Engram" wrote:

Secondly, I would be cutting back on the solids -- they don't need to
eat very much at that age. One way is to lower the amount you feed
her. Another is to move her to table foods and get her self-feeding.
It's one thing to swallow goo off a spoon; it's another to bring
something to your mouth and chew it!

I decreased the amount of solid food she's getting by only a teaspoonful of
cereal (2 full and 1 flat plus milk and fruit or veges instead of 3 full and
a dribble on a fourth) and by the second meal it worked like a charm. We're
doing 5 to 6 mins per side again. There is no more wriggling and straining
against me. She just opens her mouth wide, turns her head to the side and
gets down to business After about 3 minutes she pulls off, gives me a big
smile, makes a few cooing noises, then it's back to business for another
couple of minutes, then off and a bit of a chat and then the other side.

Glad it worked so promptly!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue