How much to pay for a crib set?

Old August 3rd 04, 04:07 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default How much to pay for a crib set?

Nan wrote:
Personally, I want to try those sleep sack things, if I can find them.
I don't even know what they look like. Baby-sized sleeping bags?

http://www.babyinabag.com/

http://www.mommysthinkin.com/halo_sl...le_blanket.htm

Thanks!
Old August 4th 04, 03:07 PM
Irene

Vicky Bilaniuk wrote in message ...
Nan wrote:
Personally, I want to try those sleep sack things, if I can find them.
I don't even know what they look like. Baby-sized sleeping bags?

http://www.babyinabag.com/

http://www.mommysthinkin.com/halo_sl...le_blanket.htm

Thanks!

I recently noticed they have them at the BRU by us. I don't know if
they have BRU (Babies R Us) in Canada, tho.

If you get one, try to introduce it when baby is young. I found out
about them when ds was about 6 months old, and I decided there was no
way I'd be able to convince him to wear one then. But dd has been
using one since maybe 1 or 2 weeks old, and has no problem with it.
YMMV, of course.

Irene
Old August 4th 04, 07:32 PM
PattyMomVA

om...

Nan wrote:
Personally, I want to try those sleep sack things, if I can find them.
I don't even know what they look like. Baby-sized sleeping bags?

http://www.babyinabag.com/

http://www.mommysthinkin.com/halo_sl...le_blanket.htm

Thanks!

I recently noticed they have them at the BRU by us. I don't know if
they have BRU (Babies R Us) in Canada, tho.

If you get one, try to introduce it when baby is young. I found out
about them when ds was about 6 months old, and I decided there was no
way I'd be able to convince him to wear one then. But dd has been
using one since maybe 1 or 2 weeks old, and has no problem with it.
YMMV, of course.

We always used a simple blanket sleeper. With or without pajamas
underneath.

-Patty, mom of 3

Old August 4th 04, 07:35 PM
Shelley

I am also in NB and never got a visit. I did get a call though. I
could have gotten a visit if I had wanted to but didn't think it was
necessary.

Shelley
mom to Jacob (2.5)
edd march 30/05

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message ...
Sorry I sent that message directly to you. I have to start paying more
attention lol anyways...
"You are not permitted to use bumper pads in the crib here in Canada. The
public health nurse makes a visit to homes when the babies come home and if
there are bumper pads she will remove them from it. "
What part of Canada are you in? I'm in N.B. and my daughter was only born
five weeks ago and a public health nurse never came to my house. I talked to
one of the phone because here, they meet with you in the hospital before you
go home but I was discharged on a Sunday, so she was never able to. However,
do they really do that where you are? They recommend not using them here but
there's rule to not using them.
"Stormlady" don't@ email.me wrote in message

"Donna Metler" wrote in message
news
I found an adorable one, but the cost, esp for something which is probably
going to get messed up seems high-$150.00 for a quilt, bumper, sheet, and
skirt. In addition, can you even use a quilt or a bumper in the crib with
the baby? If not, where do you use them?

You are not permitted to use bumper pads in the crib here in Canada. The
public health nurse makes a visit to homes when the babies come home and if
there are bumper pads she will remove them from it. The risk as I
understand it is that babies may roll into the pads and then be unable to
roll away from them and suffocate. Apparently quite a few infant deaths
have been attributed to this.

It is the reason I am not going to have bumper pads in the crib. I have a
quilt picked out that I will maybe use when the baby is older and allowed to
have that. Otherwise, it just matches the theme I have picked out so I want
it, and it is relatively inexpensive. I will probably just hang it up until
then.

Old August 5th 04, 05:02 AM
Irene

om...

Nan wrote:
Personally, I want to try those sleep sack things, if I can find them.
I don't even know what they look like. Baby-sized sleeping bags?

http://www.babyinabag.com/

http://www.mommysthinkin.com/halo_sl...le_blanket.htm

Thanks!

I recently noticed they have them at the BRU by us. I don't know if
they have BRU (Babies R Us) in Canada, tho.

If you get one, try to introduce it when baby is young. I found out
about them when ds was about 6 months old, and I decided there was no
way I'd be able to convince him to wear one then. But dd has been
using one since maybe 1 or 2 weeks old, and has no problem with it.
YMMV, of course.

We always used a simple blanket sleeper. With or without pajamas
underneath.

The advantage I found is that I can get dd in the sack after she is
asleep, even if I didn't get around to putting her in a sleeper.
YMMV on that part, of course! She was a spring baby, so I didn't need
to bundle her up too much until night-time (when we keep the house
cooler so dh can sleep).

Irene
Old August 5th 04, 05:50 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Irene wrote:

I recently noticed they have them at the BRU by us. I don't know if
they have BRU (Babies R Us) in Canada, tho.

Yup. I don't like them, though. They won't open up more locations (the
nearest one to me is an hour's drive away, for example), and they won't
launch an online store (despite the fact that their parent company
already has).

Anyway, I found one in another store, so I'm going to give it a try.
Old August 11th 04, 04:21 AM
Leslie

I found an adorable one, but the cost, esp for something which is probably
going to get messed up seems high-$150.00 for a quilt, bumper, sheet, and
skirt.

I wouldn't spend that kind of money, but then I prefer to have a lot of solid
sheets that will coordinate with the many blankets that people have given me.
If you can afford it and it makes you happy, why not? :-)

In addition, can you even use a quilt or a bumper in the crib with
the baby?

I have used the bumper in the past, but since #4 never spent one night in the
crib, I don't even plan to set it up this time. I don't use a quilt with a
newborn; I swaddle them and then I have a baby blanket with satin edging that
was my husband's as a baby that I cover them with, about up to the waist.

If not, where do you use them?

I use the quilt later on--the one I still have is used to cover the three year
old right now.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth