24 weeks appointment

Old August 10th 04, 04:16 PM
Zaz

Default 24 weeks appointment

I went last week to my 24 weeks appointment. This time, contrary to the
others, I met with the midwife who will be assisting me in delivery. The
other times, I had barely met her, as I have agreed to have a student for
the first few months. I could have declined and gone straight ahead with a
full-fledged midwife, but I figured if we want to have more access to them,
we should at least help in their training.

I really love my midwife, though. I was a little bit worried, as I had only
met her here and there to "report" on my visit with the student. You never
know: what if it didn't "click" between us? Now there is no more doubt: she
is one of the sweetest woman I've ever met.

The baby's heartbeat was 148 when we took her pulse, my uterus is 25 cm, and
whatever results coming from that little stick I put in the pipi cup was
fine. I have gained a total of 24 pounds so far, but I just don't want to
think about that, and my midwife is not the type to give me a hard time. As
she said, as long as I'm healthy and the baby is healthy, she will not put
me on a diet!

I've decided not to take the diabetes test. I had read on the subject, I
discussed it with her, and decided to forego the procedure. DH agrees. I was
surprised that he did, since his father is diabetic, and I thought DH would
be very keen on me performing every possible test, but nope, he's in
complete sync with me on these things. Some may say it's none of his
business, but I feel better knowing I won't get any argument out of him! So
far, he's been so wonderful, and I'm very happy it is staying that way - oh,
the stories I hear from other pregnant women in my swimming classes! I
really have a wonderful man by my side!

Anyway, that's it! Next visit is on September 7, and then the biweekly
visits start.

Isabelle
EDD Nov. 20

Old August 10th 04, 11:06 PM
Tara

It sounds like a very satisfying appointment. It makes all the
difference when you like your midwife or doctor.

Tara
Old August 11th 04, 02:05 AM
Cathy

I'm pleased you like your midwife - it makes such a difference. And it
sounds as though everything else is going really well for you.

Cathy
EDD 8 Dec 04

Old August 11th 04, 03:11 AM
Kaybee

I am glad you like your midwife. We wanted to go with one with our second
baby (this pregnancy). But changed our minds after the problems we had with
the delivery of Eva.

I have a friend that is a midwife and she loves it.

Good luck

Kay
Mommy to Eva 9/2002
one on way 1/2005

Old August 11th 04, 05:34 AM
Wendy

It's great that you like your midwife....what a relief! Glad to hear
everything went well.

Wendy