cuski

Old August 3rd 04, 07:36 PM
Dave Leason

Default cuski

Hi there
I had a cuski with my child, but I gave it when she was a bit older and she
never took to it.
anyways, a good friend of mine has just had a baby, I want to give a gift
that will be different to anyone elses, do you think a cuski gift set would
be a nice idea?
I have also bought her a Tomy massage kit. I like to buy things that I know
nobody else would buy, rather than clothes etc.

Thanks
Kellie
mum to Ella-Jai (nearly 3 yrs old!)

Old August 3rd 04, 08:17 PM
Lindy

whats a cuski

http://community.webtv.net/lindo_84/LindysPictures

Old August 3rd 04, 10:00 PM
Dave Leason

You may find this link useful, it explains what a cuski is!

www.cuski.co.uk

a very simple but effective idea which I know has worked with friends
children, but it must be given from birth.
I was wondering if it would make a good gift for a friend of mine who had
her baby today, dont think she'll be having anyone else buy her one of
these!!

Kellie

Old August 3rd 04, 10:12 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Dave Leason wrote:

You may find this link useful, it explains what a cuski is!

www.cuski.co.uk

a very simple but effective idea which I know has worked with friends
children, but it must be given from birth.
I was wondering if it would make a good gift for a friend of mine who had
her baby today, dont think she'll be having anyone else buy her one of
these!!

I think it's always dicey to give gifts that
require the recipient to do work or subscribe to a particular
philosophy unless you know the recipient wants them. This
one is probably not as bad as some, in that the parents
could probably treat it as an early baby doll if they
didn't feel like using it as a lovey, but it still smacks
just a tiny bit of telling them how to parent. Whether
it would go over well with your friend would really depend
on how well you know her and her likes/dislikes and how
close you are.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old August 4th 04, 12:24 AM
Chotii

"Lindy" wrote in message

what's a cuski

Apparently, you can look at it at http://www.cuski.co.uk/ - it's basically a
blankie with a knot at one end.

If I were buying a present for someone's baby, it would not be something
like this. None of my kids ever took to blankets at all. I would spend my
money on a bunch of multicolor snap-crotch bodysuits, or creepers, or invest
in a set of Robeez shoes or something.

--angela

Old August 4th 04, 01:38 AM
Tori M.

"Chotii" wrote in message

"Lindy" wrote in message

what's a cuski

Apparently, you can look at it at http://www.cuski.co.uk/ - it's basically

blankie with a knot at one end.

If I were buying a present for someone's baby, it would not be something
like this. None of my kids ever took to blankets at all. I would spend my
money on a bunch of multicolor snap-crotch bodysuits, or creepers, or

invest
in a set of Robeez shoes or something.

--angela

I actualy think it is cute! Of coarse my daughter carried arround a BIG
crochet blanket forever and i would have LOVED her to carry something that
small instead Her Teetee (what she calls blankies) died a slow painful
teetee death from over chewing and now she has 4 or 5 that she switches
between for night time.

Tori

Old August 6th 04, 09:34 AM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Ericka Kammerer
writes
Dave Leason wrote:

[...]

Another consideration - I've been warned that I should make sure to have
a couple of spares of whatever the baby chooses for a comfort object, to
guard against the inevitable day when it gets left on the bus or
whatever, and this sounds extremely sensible to me. If your friend
wants to follow this advice, then you'll be presenting her with a choice
between sticking the Cuski in the drawer and never using it, or shelling
out £10 - £20 for one or two spares. It's probably not a good idea to
give presents which potentially commit the giftee to extra expense. ;-)

All the best,

Sarah
--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley
Old August 6th 04, 03:33 PM
Cathy Weeks

"Dave Leason" wrote in message ...
You may find this link useful, it explains what a cuski is!

www.cuski.co.uk

a very simple but effective idea which I know has worked with friends
children, but it must be given from birth.
I was wondering if it would make a good gift for a friend of mine who had
her baby today, dont think she'll be having anyone else buy her one of
these!!

I think they are cute enough - and a nice gift. It's a bit like
giving a stuffed animal or other doll or blankie - most likely it
won't be used much. Every once in awhile a toy strikes the child's
fancy and all of a sudden they have a comfort object. I had tried to
introduce comfort objects for my daughter since she was 4 or 5 months
old, with no luck. And she's had and been given plenty of stuffed
animals and dolls and stuff as gifts. But a couple of months after her
2nd birthday, someone gave her a stuffed bunny wearing yellow flannel
pajammas with blue stars, and that was it - she sleeps with it every
night. She named him "Bunny Foo-Food" (slight mispronunciation from
the song).

So, go ahead and give it, with the knowledge that it's a unique and
unusual gift, and get pleasure out of knowing that, but be clear-eyed
about it - most things like this don't get used.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01
Old August 10th 04, 06:56 PM
Jamie Clark

Another great gift that not a lot of people have is a Lamby,
(www.lamby.com), a lambskin for the baby to sleep on. We got one as a gift
pretty early on, and Taylor has always slept on it. We take it with us on
vacations, and where-ever she sleeps, "feels" like home.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

Old August 10th 04, 07:01 PM
Jamie Clark

Oooh, Robeez shoes are the BEST! I wish I'd bought them earlier for Taylor.
I got her first couple pairs as 12-18 month size, and she wore them all the
time, inside and out. She wore a hole through the sole of one of her pairs!
I just got her two of the next size up. They aren't cheap, but she
certainly gets my money's worth out of them, and they are so adorable. I
get her one pink pair (in the smaller sizes, it was with cherries on it, the
larger ones have a cupcake), which basically go with almost everything in
her wardrobe. I also got her a blueish pair (in the smaller size, tan/grey
with dragonfly, in the larger size, cobalt blue with green gecko), which she
can wear with less girly clothes, and they can be worn by baby #2, if it's a
boy.

I'd get Robeez for friends with a new baby, anytime. It's something that
many people wouldn't spend the money on for themselves, especially for a
6-12 month old, but they last and fit for a long long time!