Mona & Sina's birth story ... LONG!

Old August 9th 04, 05:20 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default Mona & Sina's birth story ... LONG!

zolw wrote:

Hi Jane;

Be prepared for some major emotionality when your baby arrives. I never
imagined that I would feel this way. I feel like I did when i first
started dating my husband 12 years ago. The butterflies, I want to see
her all the time ... I look at her & think that no one in this world can
be half as beautiful as she is (typical mom cliche).

Aww, this is very cute. I have a feeling that I'm going to be exactly
the same way, actually. I've already been picturing myself wanting to
have the baby in my arms allllllll the time, just so I can stare. ;-)
(and no I won't care about the inevitable "you're going to spoil that
baby" comments that I'm sure I'll get)

As for PPD, remember that it's hormonal (i.e. it just happens).
Old August 9th 04, 05:35 PM
Sandi

"zolw" wrote in message

She was then taken to be weighed, etc. Well, Sina Zieminska was born on
August 4th' 2004 at 6 14 pm. She weighted 4.026 kg (8 lb 17 oz) and
measured 49.5 cm (19 in).

Attached are some pictures for you to enjoy.

Mona
proud Mama of Sinka

Congrats!! You all look great!

--
Sandi
Mommy to Abby, 3 1/2

Old August 9th 04, 05:50 PM
Ericka Kammerer

zolw wrote:

It is the best feeling ever. I wonder why women get postpartum
depression?

It's hormonal and has nothing to do with how much
they love their babies. Believe me, women who have PPD
love their babies every bit as much as you do, and it's
killing them to feel as they do. Can you imagine to love
your baby as much as you do and feel so incapable and
depressed and that you were failing her on top of that?

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old August 9th 04, 07:42 PM
zolw

yeah I know. I didn't mean that it didn't make sense for women to get
postpartum depression. I just feel so happy that I find it so hard to
imagine. It must be real hard on these women. I mean, with all the joy &
happiness I feel, I still worry that I am not doing enough for my girl.
So it must be real hard on women with PPD.

Old August 9th 04, 07:44 PM
zolw

Oh you can never spoil a newborn I guess I am just like you. I am
currently spoiling my kid )

Old August 9th 04, 08:45 PM
Beach mum

Congratulations! You and baby look fabulous!!!!!

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Old August 9th 04, 08:50 PM
Circe

Beach mum wrote:
Congratulations! You and baby look fabulous!!!!!

Yep. I'm so glad it all came out so well. I was more than a little bit
worried for you, Mona!
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 5), and the Rising Son (Julian, 7)

This week's suggested Bush/Cheney campaign bumper sticker:
"BU__ SH__!"

Old August 11th 04, 06:08 AM
Wendy

It sounds like things went really well for you and baby! It's great that
your epidural provided you so much relief, that's what it's for! I hate
when I hear of women having them and they hardly work at all. BTW, you
look great in your pics...you do NOT look like you went through a long
labor at all. (or any labor for that matter)
Your baby is beautiful. Congrats.

Wendy