MOMS STUDY- PLEASE HELP

Old August 9th 04, 04:37 PM
Christine

Default MOMS STUDY- PLEASE HELP

Dear Parents,

Please help us save the lives of up to 30,000 babies a year in the U.S.

We need mothers who have experienced live-births to help the MISS Foundation
in a quest to reduce the high numbers of stillbirth, or sudden, unexplained
death just prior to or during birth, around the world.

The MISS Foundation is sponsoring one of the largest, most comprehensive
scientific studies on childbirth and maternal health in a query for
answers.Please help us if you can and pass this information along to others.

To participate in the research study, visit http://www.momstudy.com and
answer the confidential questionnaire.

Please help us save the lives of the most innocent children who die before
they even have the chance to live.

For more information about the MISS Foundation:
http://www.missfoundation.org

Old August 10th 04, 06:44 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Stillbirths and birth position

STILLBIRTHS AND BIRTH POSITION...

International Stillbirth Alliance (J.Frederik Frøen , MD, PhD et al., listed
below)...

via

Please always ask about birth position when surveying women...

OBs are closing birth canals up to 30%...

It's easy for women to allow their birth canals to OPEN the "extra" up to
30%. See below.

Australian obstetrician Norman Beischer, MD believes that "10-15% of
stillborn infants die just before delivery without there having been any
evidence of
distress..." (Beischer quoted by Chalmers)

Sir Iain Chalmers, M.D. of Britain took Beischer to task for guessing. See
Chalmers I. The perinatal research agenda: whose priorities? Birth
1991;18(3):137-41.

Sir Iain later indicated to me that it would be unscientific to inform women
that OBs are lying and closing birth canals - until there is scientific
evidence that lying to women and closing birth canals yields poor outcomes
(!) - and
this as babies in the UK (and elsewhere) are dying unexplained deaths!

See At-term sacroiliac motion and shoulder dystocia
http://forums.obgyn.net/forums/ob-gy...9707/0128.html

A few years later, two UK obstetricians (Gardosi and Griffiths) called for
my censorship from OB-GYN-List after I pointed out Sir Iain's sordid
"scientific" behavior.

Fortunately, my OB-GYN-List post just cited was archived before I was
censored.
http://forums.obgyn.net/forums/ob-gy...9707/0128.html

In women with lots of sacroiliac motion, birth position (semisitting and
dorsal) may be causing stillbirths.

Please always ask about birth position...

See below...

"Christine" wrote in message
[...]

Christine:

In any future surveys, I urge you to include a question on birth position.

Obstetricians are knowingly closing birth canals up to 30% and gruesomely
manipulating most babies' spines.

Obstetricians are violently pushing on tiny spines (with oxytocin and
Cytotec) and gruesomely pulling (with hands, forceps and vacuums) - with
birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%.

Sometimes obstetricians pull so hard they rip spinal nerves out of tiny
spinal cords.

Sometimes babies die, sometimes babies suffer paralysis - most babies "only"
have their spines gruesomely wrenched.

ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal senselessly closed.

The most prolific spinal manipulators - obstetricians are - in effect -
practicing "chiropractic" manipulation VERY BADLY.

For simple PROOF that OBs are knowingly closing birth canals up to
30%...

For simple instructions on how women can allow their
birth canals to OPEN their birth canals the "extra" up to 30%...

See I ain't no Semmelweis, but...

IT'S OBVIOUS OB CRIME...

OBs are slicing vaginas en masse (euphemism "routine episiotomy") -
surgically/FRAUDULENTLY inferring everything possible is being done to OPEN
birth canals - even as they CLOSE birth canals - up to 30%.

OBs are slicing abdomens en masse ("c-section") - surgically/fraudulently
inferring everything possible has been DONE to open birth canals - even as
they CLOSE birth canals - up to 30%.

Now - to be sure - allowing the birth canal to open the "extra" up to 30% is
not going to prevent all caesareans and episiotomies - but it can't hurt.

Incidentally, when babies' shoulders get stuck, OBs KEEP the birth canal
closed - even as they say they are opening it maximally.

See ACOG birth crime video evidence
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2300

I am hoping that GPs will help stop OBs from committing this obvious crime
against mothers and babies.

See Steering Dr. Sarah Vaughan (Tendring PCT)

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS Here are the labor and delivery questions from the MOMs questionnaire.

NOTHING about birth position! (Please correct me - preferably publicly - if
I somehow missed birth position questions.)

About labor, delivery and care in your pregnancy in question:

How was the baby delivered?

Vaginal birth without assistance
Vaginal birth with assistance (vacuum or forceps)
Cesarean section

How do you feel about it today?

I would have had a vaginal birth
I would have had a cesarean section
I don't know what I would have chosen

Did you receive any analgesia/anesthesia/"pain killers" during delivery?

Several may apply

No, I had no analgesia/pain killers
Yes, I received nitrous oxide/"laughing gas" on a mask
Yes, I received pain killers (pills, tablets or mixture)
Yes, I had acupuncture or other alternative treatment
Yes, I received injections of pain killers (intravenous/intramuscular)
Yes, I was given local/birth canal analgesics/anesthetics
Yes, I had epidural/spinal anesthesia
Yes, I had a full anesthesia

How do you feel about it today?

I received what I needed
I would have wanted more pain killers than I got
I didn't get, but would have wanted epidural/spinal anesthesia
This seems indifferent to me
I had anesthesia, but would have wanted to be awake
I would have wanted less pain killers than I got

About the baby or babies:

How much did the baby weigh?

grams or [ Ibs and ozs ]

Was it a boy or a girl?

Boy
Girl
I do not know / remember

How long was the baby?

cm inches

STILLBIRTH

About labor, delivery and care in your pregnancy that ended with a loss:

How much time passed from your caregivers could confirm that your baby had
died (the first baby if twins or triplets) until induction was
performed/labor started?

Not applicable
less than 6 hours
7-12 hours
13-24 hours
25-48 hours
between 49 hours and a week
more than a week
I do not know/remember

How much time passed from your caregivers could confirm that your baby had
died (the first baby if twins or triplets) until delivery?

Not applicable
less than 6 hours
7-12 hours
13-24 hours
25-48 hours
between 49 hours and a week
more than a week
I do not know/remember

[...]

About your loss and thoughts today

Do you feel that anyone is to blame for the death of your baby or babies?
(several may apply)

No, I don't think anyone is to blame
Yes, I blame my doctor and/or professional providers of prenatal care
Yes, I blame my doctor and/or professional staff at the hospital/delivery
unit
Yes, I blame the baby's father
Yes, I blame myself
Yes, I blame another particular person/group of persons
Yes, I blame God
I don't know what to think.

Is there any information that you believe can be of interest in explaining
why you experienced your loss? Please comment, but remember not to include
information that can identify you.

Would you like to know the results or participate in future research?

Would you like to know the results from the study?

Yes! I would like to receive newsletters on the results from the MOMS Study!
No, I do not want to receive newsletters!

Can we contact you for more details or clarifications for the MOMS Study, or
other research on stillbirths under the supervision of the Scientific
Medical Advisory Committee of the International Stillbirth Alliance? (Please
remember to keep your username and password)

You can withdraw from such a mailing list at any time

Yes, I can be contacted, but anonymously by e-mail only.
Yes, I can be contacted and if needed and the purpose was presented to me, I
could be willing to be identified.
No, I do not want to participate in further research

J.Frederik Frøen , MD, PhD (Main investigator and Chairman of the Scientific
Advisory Committee of ISA), Perinatal Research Center, Department of
Obstetrics & Gynecology and Department of Pediatric Research, Rikshospitalet
University Clinic, University of Oslo.

Harriet Akre , MD, PhD, (co-investigator) Omnia Sleep Laboratories, Oslo.

Michael Berman , MD, Ass. Prof. (SAC of ISA) Department of Obstetrics &
Gynecology, Yale Medical School.

Susan E. Crawford , MD, Ass.Prof. (SAC of ISA) Department of Pathology,
Northwestern University.

John DeFrain , PhD, Prof. (SAC of ISA) Department of Family and Consumer
Sciences, College of Human Resources and Family Sciences, University of
Nebraska-Lincoln, MISS Foundation, Board of Directors

Malin Eberhard-Gran , MD, PhD, (co-investigator) The Norwegian Public Health
Institute.

Ruth C. Fretts , MD, MPH, Ass. Prof. (SAC of ISA) Department of Obstetrics &
Gynecology, Harvard Medical Scool.

Richard M. Pauli , MD, PhD, Prof. (SAC of ISA), Clinical Genetics Center,
University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Babill Stray-Pedersen , MD, PhD, Prof. (co-investigator and SAC of ISA)
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Rikshospitalet University Clinic,
University of Oslo.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

This post will be archived for global access within 24 hours in the Google
usenet archive. Search
http://groups.google.com for "Stillbirths and birth
position"

Old August 10th 04, 09:15 AM
Jenrose

"Christine" wrote in message
Dear Parents,

Please help us save the lives of up to 30,000 babies a year in the U.S.

We need mothers who have experienced live-births to help the MISS

Foundation
in a quest to reduce the high numbers of stillbirth, or sudden,

unexplained
death just prior to or during birth, around the world.

The MISS Foundation is sponsoring one of the largest, most comprehensive
scientific studies on childbirth and maternal health in a query for
answers.Please help us if you can and pass this information along to

others.

I tried this and got hopelessly confused mid-questionairre because they
started asking me impossible questions about my current pregnancy, like when
I delivered, etc. Hope others have a more productive experience with it.

Jenrose

Old August 10th 04, 12:39 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Jenrose wrote:

*I tried this and got hopelessly confused mid-questionairre because they
*started asking me impossible questions about my current pregnancy, like when
*I delivered, etc. Hope others have a more productive experience with it.

i took it and didn't find that at all. It asked about "the pregnancy in
question." I mean, at some point, it specified that it wanted you to
answer all future questions as applied to a particular pregnancy (in my
case, I said I was pg now, and that my last pregnancy had resulted in a
live birth, and the one before that an m/c, and the one before that a live
birth - and i was supposed to answer the rest of the questions as they
pertained to my most recent live birth pg). It never asked me anything
I couldn't answer.

Old August 11th 04, 02:15 AM
Jenrose

"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
In ,
Jenrose wrote:

*I tried this and got hopelessly confused mid-questionairre because they
*started asking me impossible questions about my current pregnancy, like

when
*I delivered, etc. Hope others have a more productive experience with it.

i took it and didn't find that at all. It asked about "the pregnancy in
question." I mean, at some point, it specified that it wanted you to
answer all future questions as applied to a particular pregnancy (in my
case, I said I was pg now, and that my last pregnancy had resulted in a
live birth, and the one before that an m/c, and the one before that a live
birth - and i was supposed to answer the rest of the questions as they
pertained to my most recent live birth pg). It never asked me anything
I couldn't answer.

Well, it asked me all the right questions about my first pg, a bunch of
questions about my 2nd pregnancy (miscarraige), switched gears for a while
and then got back to "the pregnancy in question" asking questions which
would be impossible about the miscarriage (newborn stuff) or this pregnancy,
and clearly weren't about my first birth since they'd already switched
gears... Very, very confusing. I sent them an email and no one got back to
me.

Jenrose

Old August 11th 04, 02:06 PM
Nikki

Jenrose wrote:

I tried this and got hopelessly confused mid-questionairre because
they started asking me impossible questions about my current
pregnancy, like when I delivered, etc. Hope others have a more
productive experience with it.

I was able to complete the questionaire without trouble but pregnancy
history is uncomplicated and I'm not currently pregnant. I didn't have as
much to consider maybe. I responded that I would like the results but they
didn't really indicated when that might be. I'm anxious to see them.
--
Nikki

Old August 11th 04, 02:58 PM
Leslie

I had trouble with it too--after I had entered a lot of info the damn thing
crashed!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Classic Droan was R R R R, should I DOUBLE DARE HIM? ..was... LaVonne Kane Spanking 0 April 17th 04 07:13 PM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM