Just out of curiosity..for any one who celebrates Christmas...

Old October 19th 04, 04:48 PM
Tori M.

"Todd Gastaldo" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Christine" wrote in message
Just wondering if you all are planning to do the whole Santa clause
thing?...or do you think it's wrong to lie? ( or plain stupid? ....etc.

I think I will for a while

My Nephew, now 17 was really mad at my sister for lying to him all those
years, but he is now over it, he's not mad anymore..

There isn't a Santa Claus?

Of course there is Todd.. Dont let that mean Christine tell you otherwise

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier Late due to being his fathers child. I would have been 15 minutes

Old October 19th 04, 05:01 PM
Christine

Of course there is Todd.. Dont let that mean
Christine tell you otherwise

Tori

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````

LOL...

Old October 19th 04, 05:03 PM
Todd Gastaldo

"Christine" wrote in message
There isn't a Santa Claus?

LOL....of course there is..

Whew!

Old October 19th 04, 05:05 PM
Todd Gastaldo

"Christine" wrote in message
Just wondering if you all are planning to do the whole Santa clause
thing?...or do you think it's wrong to lie? ( or plain stupid? ....etc.

I think I will for a while

My Nephew, now 17 was really mad at my sister for lying to him all
those
years, but he is now over it, he's not mad anymore..

There isn't a Santa Claus?

Of course there is Todd.. Dont let that mean Christine tell you
otherwise

Thank you for the reasssurance, Tori...

It turns out Christine was just joking - such a kidder - about such an
important thing! LOL.

Todd

Tori

Old October 19th 04, 05:28 PM
Ericka Kammerer

toypup wrote:

I don't think it's really lying, if you think of Santa as being the spirit
of Christmas. Once the kids know, they can continue the tradition by being
Santa. It's when parents do everything they can to convince kids there is a
Santa and then stop all traditions when the kids find out the truth that
there is any feeling of being betrayed.

Absolutely. My family has always had Santa, even when we
were all adults and no children around. There was never a day that
someone said "There's no Santa" and all the Santa traditions stopped.
My parents wouldn't admit to me now that Santa doesn't exist--in our
family, he does exist. We're happy as clams with the situation.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old October 19th 04, 05:36 PM
emilymr

I have a sort of funny story about Santa... I was a counselor at my church
camp when I was a teenager, and was teaching a lesson about the 10
commandments to the youngest kids (6-8 yrs). We got to the "no idols"
commandment, and when I asked them if anyone knew what that meant, little
Sean Cowley piped up: "It means don't believe in things that aren't real,
like Santa Claus!!!!!!" And little Johnny Johnson immediately burst into
hysterics, crying "there IS a Santa Claus! I KNOW it!! It's NOT my
dad!!!!!" and spent the next 10 minutes sobbing in the corner while Sean
insisted that Santa is really an idol... Talk about a traumatic rite of
passage! :P

I don't plan on telling my kids that Santa is real, although we can talk
about Santa. At the same time, I plan on making sure that they don't go
ruining it for other kids, either!! I don't remember ever believing in
Santa, although we did the stockings; and my parents always warned us not
to tell our cousins that Santa was fake. So I'm with Naysando -- I
don't want to tell my kids something that I don't believe myself. I do
like the "Santa in everyone" approach, though. Maybe we'll go with that.

Em
baby boy, due Nov. 18

Old October 19th 04, 05:53 PM
Leslie

There was never a day that
someone said "There's no Santa" and all the Santa traditions stopped.
My parents wouldn't admit to me now that Santa doesn't exist--in our
family, he does exist.

I'm with you, Ericka. My "big kids" at 9, 10, and 13, and not one of them has
ever indicated that they no longer believe in Santa. In fact, I think that
Teddy and Jake REALLY still believe in him. And it's so fun to tell William
about him this year, and hear them tell William about him! They all still
insist on leaving out cookies and writing a long and detailed note that someone
has to creatively answer at 2 am after all the toys are put together. :-P

As for me, honestly and really some of my most precious memories are related to
Santa Claus, not just to the anticipation of the presents he left but also the
feeling of something magical having taken place.

FWIW, at our house WE give our kids wrapped presents; Santa brings unwrapped
ones. :-)

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 19th 04, 05:56 PM
Christine

Todd, just incase I raised any concerns,
Yes, the Easter Bunny is real too..

Old October 19th 04, 06:10 PM
Christine

Just out of curiosity..for any one who celebrates Christmas...

Group: misc.kids.pregnancy Date: Tue, Oct 19, 2004, 12:36pm From:
emily@xxxxxx (emilymr)
[...]

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````

I plan on telling Chloe that santa will bring her gifts
=91=91because=92=92 its Jesus's Birthday, and he shares his BD with
everyone,,,I want her to know WHY she is getting gifts on that day,
even though she is only 5 months, I keep telling her that =91=91on
Jesus's birthday (christmas )she will get gifts.. I always mention the
two combined ( J-Bday and Christmas ) so she makes the connection..

That was a cute story,
I think santa can be misleading to a child but by the time they find out
they dont care, as long as they still get gifts from Mom amd Dad they
dont care,,,LOL....
I think its is the best time of a small child life..

Old October 19th 04, 06:13 PM
Christine

I'm with you, Ericka. My "big kids" at 9, 10, and
13, and not one of them has ever indicated that
they no longer believe in Santa. In fact, I think
that Teddy and Jake REALLY still believe in
him.

That is so funny, I think its something big kids hate to face up
to...lol...

sorry Todd..;(...lol...