How old is too old?

Old November 17th 04, 04:14 AM
Christine

I'll have to remember this for my kidlets. My dh
makes a *ton* of money, too yannow.

Nan

Ok, Nan, enough with the sarcasm, I get it.
ya know I =91=91did=92=92 come on here and call most of you a bunch of
ass holes, (in defense of innocent posters ) but I also felt
uncomfortable with what I said, even though I do not know any of you so
I came back here to apologize, I didnt think (even though I used ) this
was the place to use vulgar language, ( a pregnancy/kids ) newsgroup,
especially the F and C words!

so once again, I am very sorry for anyone I offended, I was just tying
to make peace with some innocent posters.

:-(

I wish everyone on here the best of luck with your births and your
family.

and I mean that sincerly!

Christine.

Old November 17th 04, 05:16 AM
heather m.

This made me spit my drink, rofl.

Heather

"Unadulterated Me" wrote in message
Christine wrote:

12 kids, wow that is amazing, her DH must really REALLY make tons of
money, I mean just imagine the food bill,,,,

We only give them one meal a day, except on Christmas when they are
allowed to lick the Ham bone for lunch.

Andrea

Old November 17th 04, 09:21 AM
Anne Rogers

Of course, if you are reading it in translation (English), it is pretty
difficult to make a decision about what it *actually* says. I've read a
small portion of the Old Testament in the original Hebrew (most of
Genesis,
I think, and some of Exodus) and a slightly larger portion of the New
Testament in the original Greek. There are a good many places where the
word
a translator has chosen to represent a Hebrew or Greek word alters meaning
in noticeable ways.

true, I didn't look up what the Hebrew word was, but for words that are used
infrequently or bits of text that don't seem to make sense I do look up the
original and cross reference with other passages to try and figure out what
the author meant

Old November 17th 04, 09:06 PM
Hillary Israeli

In THpmd.102983$bk1.40905@fed1read05,
Circe wrote:

*I think you should ask your 70ish GMIL whether she thinks she'd have wanted
*to have a baby when she was 57. My bet is she'll tell you she wouldn't!

I think I wouldn't, either. I would venture to say MOST people wouldn't.
But obviously some people do and while I don't think it's the best
plan, personally, I wouldn't say it's "too old," is all. I think we
basically agree.

*Well, you have to realize that my father died a little over 6 years ago at
*68, the age my mother is now. He had some health problems that meant he
*considered every year he got past 60 to be a "bonus", but it was still a
*huge shock to all of us to lose him so "young". As a result, we don't any of
*us take it for granted that 68 is still young any more or that those life
*expectancy tables say much of anything about *individuals*. My mother's

Didn't I just recently read you telling someone that the plural of
anecdote was not data?

*Also, note that I have a great-aunt who lived to be 106, and cared for
*herself pretty well up to the end, IIRC. Her son just died at the age of 86.
*Just because you're born to a family of exceptionally long-lived individuals
*doesn't guarantee you an exceptionally long life!

And being born to to a family full of tragically young deaths doesn't
guarantee an early grave, either. But I imagine it helps

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth

Old November 18th 04, 12:30 AM
ModernMiko

"Nikki" wrote in message
Jill wrote:
"Carol Ann" wrote
This is why I REFUSE to let anyone I don't know watch Morgan. Until
she is capable of verbally explaining herself, NOONE will care for
her other than me and anyone whom I feel is worthy (at this point,
only my mother is allowed and Kevin when he is at work and she is
strapped into the Bjorn).

~Carol Ann

You sound exactly like me!!! I told my husband the other day, no one
watches this baby alone until she can talk and fend for herself and
TELL on others! This includes my parents and his own parents, the
only person I leave her alone with is my husband.

I'm totally not knocking the choice to stay with your baby, or not put
them in the care of others besides immediate family but you guys are
setting yourselves up for a false sense of security.

Hunter is 5yo and I'm pretty sure he would not do much to stop a
threatening person and he might not tell me about it either. He for sure
wouldn't have told me about it at 3 or 4yo. It is a worry of mine most of
the time. Luke is a little more likely to put up a fight, and more likely
to tell but that nagging worry is something you have to deal with for a
very long time. The time when they will stand up for themselves, or
report something amiss is probably a long ways off.

You just have to do the best you can with finding the right people to
leave your kids with, and of course, as you point out, not leaving them
with anyone is an option as well.

--
Nikki

Sorry, don't agree with this statement completely at least in my case. I
know there is still a chance of something happening but it is less than with
a preverbal child. Especially if you talk to your 3 or 4 yr old about
inappropriate touching, etc. It's not perfect but it helped me to function
better during the times I was away from DS.

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old November 18th 04, 03:01 AM
Jill

"Unadulterated Me" wrote
it's certainly not the Waltons. But it's wonderful enough that I
wouldn't have it any other way and really enjoy the life we have, I
think I can say the same for the children. Only ones expressed the
thought 'I hate this family' but she hates everything, from breakfast to
her hair.

Lol @ the Waltons comment. Hee hee! It would have been so awesome to grow up
with 9 or 10 brothers and sisters. The one who 'hates' everything, I am sure
it's just a phase. Lol.

Do you mind, for those of us who don't know you well, ? What are your
childrens' names and ages etc?

Rhys 16
Jayden 15
Tessa 13
Tyler 11
Paige 10
Grace 8
Zachary 7
Rose 5
Amelia 5
Seth 2
Lydia 15 months
and fetus 17 weeks

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Those are all wonderful names. Thanks for sharing--
it is really interesting, and I'm serious-- all I can think is lucky and
blessed and wistful......I hope I at least get to have 3 :-)

Thanks for being interested :-)

Andrea

Jill

Old November 18th 04, 03:15 AM
Jill

"Mary Gordon" wrote in message
m...
My mother had me when she was 29. She was dead by the time I was 17,
from metasticized breast cancer. My father died suddenly of a brain
bleed when he was 63 and I was 34, and pregnant with my first child.
The DH's parents also died relatively young.

Sorry to hear this

I don't get along well with my parents and I still worry about losing them
but.....(see below)

Sometimes life sucks, and stuff happens. snip
Neither wish is going to do anything productive to improve my life, so
time to move on.

Exactly.

It is hard to come to grips with this. But this is the best way to look at
it. (I still struggle daily with it, trying to keep that perspective on
things- it is so hard for me, something I have to always work toward).

Eh, well. I'm working on it. So that is one thing I am determined to start
early and instill in my daughter-- to please not worry about what can't be
changed, and do the best you can with what today holds. I'd have been a lot
happier if I got this through my knucklehead a lot sooner.

Jill

Old November 18th 04, 03:21 AM
Jill

"R. Roberts" wrote
It just
upsets me that my mother can't do those things with my children. It upsets
me that my children and my husband never got to meet my father.

I completely understand this. I would feel the same way...the only thing I
have that I can compare to that is that my paternal grandmother married a
man who was much older than she was - ie, my grandfather, my dad's dad.
Because he was so much older than she- 20 years or so, maybe even a little
more.....they had a wonderful marriage. He died when my dad was in high
school, of a normal healthy old age. Natural causes. So growing up, I always
wished I could have met him. No, not "met" him...."known" him and had a
relationship with him, that is. So I understand what you feel.

(((Hugs)))
Jill

Old November 18th 04, 03:29 AM
Jill

"Carol Ann" wrote
My mom is always saying that Morgan is so rough. I said, with a mom and
grandmother so 'butchy' she really has no chance of being too 'girly' (of
coure if she hung out with her uncle she MAY learn to be girly...okay,

okay,
enough with the brother jokes).

LMAO!!! BTW, Morgan?? Are we talking the same Morgan? Lol- cause she is so
pretty and feminine looking. She's a doll :-0

You don't know it but my brother ****es me off too. For similar yet
different reasons as yours. I won't even go there. You'd wonder how most
people who know me think I am "sweet", considering that it seems like every
single one in my family ****es me off-- except for my grandparents when they
were here. I must seem hateful, lol!!! To hear me talk. But if you were here
you'd totally get it. Take you about 3 seconds to see what I mean.

Lol though-- Morgan is SUCH a pretty , sweet, feminine girl. I will admit
to hoping Rachel is somewhat more of a tomboy than a frilly girly girl, but
I'll take what I can get. lol.

Old November 20th 04, 11:15 PM
H Schinske

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:36:56 +1300, Unadulterated Me
scribbled:

Why would I fear somone who loves me
unconditionally.

I don't think you're taking into account the older meanings and implications of
the word "fear" here. It has implications of awe, respect, the numinous, the
holy -- a state of amazement and wonder. Why do people feel afraid sometimes
when they look out into infinite space on a starry night? There is also the
sense of respect that wisdom and dignity inspire. You might hold your breath
when someone you greatly admire speaks to you, simply because you have such
respect for them. It's not because you're afraid that this wise, benevolent,
wonderful person is going to hit you!

--Helen