What do you miss eating the most?

Old January 27th 04, 05:55 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Default What do you miss eating the most?

KD wrote:

Peanut butter sandwiches! I'm avoiding all peanuts and nuts due to
allergy fears and I could really go for a nice fat peanut butter
sandwich! Oh well, I can wait 15 more months (3 months to go plus 1
yr nursing) ugh!

Gosh I don't know what I would do without my PBJ! I have lived on them
for breakfast practically the entire pregnancy.

Old January 27th 04, 05:57 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Carol wrote:

I'm dreaming quite nostagically of a glass of good red wine and some brie
cheese.

Tuna casserole, tuna sandwhiches... big glasses of coke... my white
chocolate mochas... shrimp!

Old January 27th 04, 06:21 PM
Naomi Rivkis

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:23:32 GMT, "New York Jen"
wrote:

You CAN have tuna salad, just eat it in moderation...

About 1 can a week is totally fine.

I know. But I used to live on the stuff. I do still eat it
occasionally, but I miss being able to keep a huge bowl of it in the
fridge and just snack on it whenever I felt like.

Naomi
Old January 27th 04, 06:26 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

I consider a little mercury just as bad as a lot, so I swore off it cold
turkey as soon as I found out I was PG... not chancing anything with
this bub!!

Old January 27th 04, 07:19 PM
New York Jen

Why no shrimp?????

And you can have tuna in moderation!

I think people are going a little overboard with eliminating stuff...

Old January 27th 04, 07:22 PM
Sophie

"New York Jen" wrote in message
et...
Why no shrimp?????

And you can have tuna in moderation!

I think people are going a little overboard with eliminating stuff...

You said it! I've been reading this thread with total fascination and
disbelief - lol.

Old January 27th 04, 07:36 PM
Clisby

Sophie wrote:
"New York Jen" wrote in message
et...

Why no shrimp?????

And you can have tuna in moderation!

I think people are going a little overboard with eliminating stuff...

You said it! I've been reading this thread with total fascination and
disbelief - lol.

Me, too. I didn't give up anything, except for Indian food (and that
was just because I developed an aversion to it - had nothing to do with
the food itself.) Well, I drank wine a lot less often - but I didn't
give it up totally.

Good grief, this is pregnancy, not a trip to a monastery.

Clisby

Old January 27th 04, 07:37 PM
Fer

Subject: What do you miss eating the most?
From: DeliciousTruffles
Date: 1/27/04 9:16 AM Pacific Standard Time
Fer wrote:

Hmmmm lemongrass and a nice cool glass of white wine yummmm

Lemongrass?

--

Uterine stimulant
Old January 27th 04, 07:39 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

New York Jen wrote:

Why no shrimp?????

Bottom feeders! You never know what's going to be in them if they aren't
cleaned properly.

Old January 27th 04, 07:42 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Clisby wrote:

Good grief, this is pregnancy, not a trip to a monastery.

YOU fight infertility and miscarriage and then tell me you won't be as
careful as possible during your pregnancy.

No tuna because of the mercury. Mercury is a heavy metal and builds up
in your system. It doesn't go away - it adds up!

No shrimp because they are bottom feeders and can also contain mercury,
or any other crappy thing you dredge up on the bottom of the ocean.

I've only had the slightest little bits of caffeine, and only during
late pregnancy, and only natural forms like tea, absolutely no coffee.