Lots of Movement ~ Umbilical Cord Choking?

Old February 10th 04, 06:25 PM
Jill

Default Lots of Movement ~ Umbilical Cord Choking?

"Leanne" wrote in message

Also, I wonder when I am supposed to begin receiving internal check ups

for
cervix size? I hope not now. Yuck!

I'm sooo dreading that day :-\

Leanne
edd: 23rd april 2004

I dread it too...what's it like? Is it sort of like a pap smear etc, or the
part of your yearly checkup where they check to make sure everything feels
ok? I hate that because I get kind of crampy. I have had pap smears before
that made me crampy for the remainder of the day. ugh.

Old February 10th 04, 06:27 PM
Jill

"Carol Ann" wrote

Yuck! I had a Strep B something test today. Yuck!! I wasn't prepared to
have to get undressed.

what do they do during that test? I think I have to get that done sometime
when I start seeing the doctor every 2 weeks....this next appointment is my
last monthly appointment, I start on my 2 week ones. Unbelievable!

Old February 10th 04, 06:28 PM
Sophie

"Circe" wrote in message
Sophie wrote:
Yuck! I had a Strep B something test today. Yuck!! I wasn't
prepared to have to get undressed.

Group B Strep - very important test.

I dunno--I'm not sold. I didn't have it done during the last pregnancy and
chose to go with risk-based management instead. This meant that I'd have
gone on a course of antibiotics if I developed a fever during labor or if

my
water had been broken for more than 18 hours. I was pretty sure I was GBS-
(never had GBS in either of my previous pregnancies) and I was a bit

worried
that my labor might be too fast to get two doses of antibiotics within

four
hours if I went spontaneously anyway. As it turned out, I was induced by
AROM and could have gotten two doses in during the roughly five hours I

was
in the hospital before Vernon was born, but if I'd gone on my own, I doubt

would have made it--from AROM to birth was under 4 hours.

I just wish practitioners would tell women that risk based management is

an
option; it doesn't seem to be offered to women unless they *ask* for it.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [23 mos.] mom)

I guess. I wasn't tested with C which made me mad, considering all 3 were
born at Navy hospitals. I would have expected some consistancy.

Old February 10th 04, 08:42 PM
Ilse Witch

No worries, DS bounced around like crazy and had no problems with his
cord. Besides, the cord is developed in such a way that it is very hard
for the foetus to actually harm itself with it.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (19m)

Old February 10th 04, 08:55 PM
Taniwha grrrl

Sophie wrote:
Yuck! I had a Strep B something test today. Yuck!! I

wasn't
prepared to have to get undressed.

Group B Strep - very important test.

I dunno--I'm not sold.

Me either, I tested positive with my 4th, read up on it
decided antibiotics wasn't a treatment I wanted, had a
homebirth everything was fine, and have never been tested
since. In fact I've never had a smear since and he's 11 now.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old February 10th 04, 08:57 PM
Taniwha grrrl

"Carol Ann" wrote in message

Is it possible for the baby to strangle herself while

moving around so much?

I doubt it, but one of my twins managed to get hers into a
true knot when she was very tiny.

Old February 10th 04, 09:10 PM
Katie

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:27:02 GMT, "Jill" asserted:

"Carol Ann" wrote

Yuck! I had a Strep B something test today. Yuck!! I wasn't prepared to
have to get undressed.

what do they do during that test?

Mine was easy. My midwife just gave me a long cotton swab and I
swabbed around my anus and vagina, then put it in a plastic vial and
gave it back to her. No problem.

Katie
Real email: sphyrapicusathotmaildotcom

Old February 10th 04, 09:27 PM
KD

Just curious but why didn't you want the antibiotics treatment? I
just tested positive and am looking into it.

Old February 10th 04, 09:59 PM
Taniwha grrrl

"KD" wrote in message
Just curious but why didn't you want the antibiotics

treatment? I
just tested positive and am looking into it.

For one it meant changing my homebirth plans to hospital
birth, and I felt the risks that brought or opened me to
were greater than the very slight chance my baby may get
GBS. My waters don't break until second stage (although we
had decided to revisit the decision if they broke early) and
I just felt the odds of my baby becoming 'ill' from GBS were
very remote, but going to hospital and having an IV was a
100% certain intervention that was going to effect my labour
and birth.

Old February 10th 04, 11:53 PM
Leanne

I'm so afraid to just outrightly say, No. How would you verbalize it?

lol me too... it must be the first baby syndrome lol!