any tips on washing DD's hair?

Old July 2nd 03, 11:04 AM
chiam margalit

Default any tips on washing DD's hair?

"me again" wrote in message ...
Both of my DS's hold a pair of swimming goggles over their eyes and also lie
back in the bath while I do it. DS#1 is beginning to prefer showers now
anyway so he does it himself in the shower sometimes.

We also did swimming goggles when my kids were little, and they worked
great. In fact, I bought scuba masks for them, which was fabulous
because they could snorkle in the bathtub and find stuff I dropped in
there. Very very fun addition to the bath. Then, when they were about
4 they discovered the joy of showers, and still with swimming goggles
they learned how to wash their hair themselves. Goggles disappeared by
the time they were 5 and were experienced showerers. Too bad they
seemed to have forgotten how to take showers now that they're
'tweeners'.

Marjorie

Jane
"Jean" wrote in message
m...
Hi, are there any tips to wash DD’s (about 3yo) hair without her
screaming throughout the whole process? In standing position, I have
her head facing downward and hands covering face. Are there any better
methods? Thanks in advance!

Jean

Old July 3rd 03, 01:10 AM
David desJardins

Jean writes:
Hi, are there any tips to wash DD's (about 3yo) hair without her
screaming throughout the whole process? In standing position, I have
her head facing downward and hands covering face. Are there any better
methods? Thanks in advance!

I have my kids tip their heads back, so that water and shampoo don't get
into their eyes. When rinsing, I use my hand to prevent water from
running forward onto their faces. I don't understand why you would have
their heads "facing downward"; wouldn't that mean that the water and
shampoo from their hair would run down their face and into their eyes?

David desJardins

Old July 11th 03, 05:28 AM
C. Gregory

i have an almost 2 year old who hates having water on his face, one thing we
use is an empty clean shampoo bottle, you can squirt water from it and its
easier to controll the stream of water than any other way that we tried
(cups, detatchable shower head various other containers etc..) just have her
look up and you can squirt the suds away!!!

when we just really need to douse his head we make a game out of it (one,
two, three, SPLASH!!!!, or use a washcloth, we'll get it sopping wet then
lay it over his head and say hat!! he absolutely loves hats, so this is a
winner with him!) that helps sometimes, gives him a chance to get ready for
it and also it makes it less scary and more fun.

also, baby shampoo is a must.

Celeste

Old July 14th 03, 08:02 PM

"Beeswing" wrote in message
Jean wrote:

Hi, are there any tips to wash DD_s (about 3yo) hair without her
screaming throughout the whole process? In standing position, I have
her head facing downward and hands covering face. Are there any better
methods? Thanks in advance!

My daughter, at that age, did better if she could hold a washcloth across

her
eyes and face rather than just cover them with her hands. Good luck.

beeswing

I did that as a kid...now I still hate to get water in my face unless
swimming. my kids are used to getting their faces wet and seem to enjoy it.
I guess we just started out slowly, looking up.
FWIW, my DH rinses his hair looking down. I have done that too when it was
short (waist length now). it usually does not go in eyes or ears that way,
whereas looking up water has potential to go in ears a little more.
Edith

When did daycares become "schools"? P. Tierney General 267 November 13th 04 05:13 PM
kids and curls ted General 9 May 28th 04 01:26 AM
12 month old pinches and pulls hair! help! Hope General 6 December 17th 03 05:53 PM
New nanny needs tips Traci General 1 September 30th 03 07:01 AM
who colored their hair? Karen P General 13 August 8th 03 03:43 AM