Old September 16th 04, 11:06 PM
Bebelestrnge0721

Default In response to lm

fell right back into some pretty severe behaviors recently , I feel due to her
babies father deciding he "made a mistake" and abandoned her and the baby for
another relationship.

So your grand-daughter's father is no longer seeing the baby? Are his
parents still involved?

lm

Hi lm, Yes his parents still take the baby every other weekend and for a few
hours every Monday and Wednesday in the afternoon until about 9 p.m.
Unfortunately the father himself is rarely at home during these times, he had
told Mari he wanted nothing to do with the baby, it was a mistake, he thought
it was gonna be different? They had begun to fight a lot and in front of the
baby so I stepped in and told them it was not acceptable, before I knew it my
daughter was calling me hysterical saying his mother was gonna take custody of
the baby. Apparently they were both threatening eachother with the who is gonna
take the baby from who crap and his mother was getting one side of the story as
was I and so we "the grand parents" put an end to that game they were playing
with each other. We are in the process of doing a shared custody agreement,
only thing is he the father does not seem to care at all. He ignores the baby
and my daughter when he sees them in public.He had a new girlfriend he told my
daughter he was madly in love with two weeks after they were supposed to be
taking a little break from each other to think about what was going on between
them. They had begun to fight about who was taking care of the baby the most,
who was working , who was not and the truth of it was that he was more
interested in having his parents take the baby like they do so he could have
his way with my daughter, who is far from interested in any of that and
apparently this was a big issue for him. So while his parents have the baby now
he is runing the roads with his new girl , acting like nothing is wrong with
his behavior and his parents are allowing it? When the truth came out I was
floored, I never took him to be so self centered. The fun and games stopped and
he had to stand up and well he stood up all right and ran scared I guess? My
Daughter has the teen mindset as well , don't get me wrong she is far from
perfect on this, she is settling in to the fact that she is a single teen mom
and if she walked away the same the baby will lose two parents. I had to ask
her outright about two months ago, what do you want ? Do you still want for
this baby to depend on you, can you be the mother she needs? It is not to late
to look into adoption ......... My daughter has no intentions of giving up. So
I will continue to support her . It is a mess but we are dealing a day at a
time .
Bev