Where do you find doll clothes?

Old December 3rd 07, 07:02 PM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler

Default Where do you find doll clothes?

This seems like a really dumb question, but I know that when I was a child,
you could buy doll clothes separate from the dolls and that I had a lot of
different outfits for my various dolls.

Well, now my 3 yr old is getting into dressing and undressing dolls and
various stuffed toys (her favorite right now is to put the clothes from my
Cabbage patch dolls on her stuffed dinosaurs), and I'd like to get her some
more outfits since, silly me, I kept the dolls and my favorite outfits, but
got rid of the rest. And, well, having been through Toys R Us and Target, I
can get tons of dolls dressed in different ways, but not really clothes
separately. I don't sew, unfortunately. My mother tried to teach me, but I
can't draw a straight line even with a ruler, or sew anything approximating
a straight seam with a sewing machine, let alone anything fancier.

Any ideas?

Old December 3rd 07, 07:24 PM posted to misc.kids
JennP.

"Donna Metler" wrote in message
[...]

I've seen plenty of plain clothing at specialty toy stores.

She actually puts clothing back on the dolls? DD loves to strip them down,
but the only person that puts them back on so far is me. Therefore, we have
a lot of naked babies.

JennP.

Old December 3rd 07, 07:49 PM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler

"JennP." wrote in message
. ..

[...]

She puts clothes on everything. Today we have a triceratops in a white dress
with a napkin on her head (I guess she's a bride) and a Brachiosaurus with a
blue scarf draped around her who is supposed to be Cinderella. I think
there's a T-rex Ballerina around here somewhere with a hair scrunchie as a
tutu.

This is also the same child who took the arms from Mr Potato head, put them
on her stuffed dragon, and said "look! Draggy's Armed and Dangerous!"

Old December 3rd 07, 09:48 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 12:49:19 -0600, "Donna Metler"
wrote:

"JennP." wrote in message

[...]

LOL she sounds so funny :-)
Anyway, you might try looking on ebay. You can probably find outfits
a little less expensive than the specialty toy shops.

Nan
Old December 3rd 07, 10:23 PM posted to misc.kids
Laura Faussone

I was thinking that Target has a line of 18" dolls (same size as
American Girl) that also have outfits that are sold separately. I think
they're called "Our Generation".

Laura
Old December 3rd 07, 11:20 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

[...]

For 18" dolls you can use prem baby clothes, or even some newborn. If you
get them in the sales (there's usually a lot left) they're a lot cheaper
than dolls clothes.
Debbie

Old December 4th 07, 11:01 AM posted to misc.kids
Sue

It seems every Christmas ToysRUs has these big flat boxes of doll clothes
that you can get. At least they used to because I had bought DD3 a box of
the clothes one year for Christmas. I am surprised you are having a hard
time. I found them at every store. If you are really interested, I have a
ton of baby doll clothes and some baby clothes that were turned into baby
doll clothes that I would love to get rid of. I can mail them all to you if
you like.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 4th 07, 11:05 AM posted to misc.kids
Irrational Number

Michael's has a doll clothes in varying sizes.

-- Anita --
Old December 14th 07, 04:19 AM posted to misc.kids
grandma Rosalie

When we took everything out of my mom's house, I found doll clothes
that she had made for my dolls. I don't know what to do with them.
It won't be soon, but if you want, I'll send them to you when I get
home (which will be mid Feb).

Everything on Sale 10-30% Off baby clothes, infant clothes and toddler clothing webtoddler Twins & Triplets 0 November 13th 06 08:44 PM
Doll Houses MelisaK General 25 December 12th 05 10:15 PM
Which doll to get a 4-year old? Cathy Weeks General 8 December 2nd 05 01:40 PM
You can find more than 200 different turkish style doll house rug dollhouserug Breastfeeding 0 March 17th 04 10:23 PM
has anyone seen this bf'ing doll? DavesFatChick Breastfeeding 2 July 22nd 03 01:22 AM