Strollers, car seats, and other gear, oh my!

Old February 7th 04, 01:13 PM
Paula Johnson

Default Strollers, car seats, and other gear, oh my!

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 07:43:06 GMT, "Rivergirl"
wrote:

Hi Paula,

Forgive a lurker, but I was so pleased to see your name. How are your
babies going?

Hi Suzie!

Thanks for asking. The girls are doing just great and will be 10
months old tomorrow. Olivia is up to 15.5 lbs now and Cassie is over
14 (pretty impressive from a birthweight under 2 :-). Now that they
are both on a good sleep schedule and the first teeth are in, they are
a complete joy. Cassie will probably be crawling before too long,
which I am *not* prepared for :-)

If you'd like to see some pics, I set up a web page for them at
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/cassieandolivia/ (Olivia has the
darker hair).

I hope all is going well with you. Drop me a line when you have a
chance and let me know how you are.

--
Paula
Mom to Olivia and Cassie (b. 4/8/03)
Old February 7th 04, 02:18 PM
Julie Seely

Hi, Beth --

Congratulations!

As others said, it's hard to know exactly what items will wind up being
"must have one for each", and of course things can vary depending on whether
or not space is a consideration.

We had two swings, but could have gotten by with one (the extra was bought
for $1.50 at a yard sale, so it wasn't much wasted money). Chris LOVED the
swing -- and used it until he was well over a year old (one advantage of
having small babies!), but Erica was a spitter and sometimes it would upset
her stomach. We had one bouncer (johnny jump-up) and one exersaucer; C
preferred the jumper and E preferred the saucer; we kept them both
side-by-side so they could "talk" as they were bouncing. Two bouncy seats
were a must for us -- one vibrated (gift), and one (yard sale again...)
didn't. Yes, diapers were great. Though our kids were small (5-7 and 4-13
at birth), we really didn't use the Newborn size that long, so I would
recommnd the size 1's. Some folks even gave us 2's, and it was nice to have
a small supply of those when the kids were ready for them (hey! back to a
bonus week of free diapers!).

We had one crib until they were 4 or 5 months old (memory is fading...), but
Erica did most of her sleeping in a bouncy seat until she was out of the
spitting stage. We had a playpen, but never used it (except to store toys
in!).

We don't live in stroller country -- dirt roads are the norm around here and
the nearest store is miles away -- so I can't help you there. I was never
big on schlepping both car seats or a stroller around the supermarket. For
me, what worked best for shopping was to have one baby in a front carrier,
and the other in a car seat in the cart. Once they got a bit older, one
would be in the cart, and one in a backpack on my back. And once they're a
year or 18 months, the supermarket has double-seated carts.

If you're planning to nurse, ask for a good TWIN nursing pillow. That was
something I didn't have but always wished I did have.

And yes, I agree 100% with Missy -- good take-out food or frozen entrees!
This was our gift from my boss, who literally filled our freezer with a
week's worth of dinners from gourmet heat-and-eat store. It was WONDERFUL
to have good meals I could just plunk in the oven.

Julie
Mom to Erica & Chris, 07/97

"Beth Rosner" wrote in message
Help! I'm registering for my shower and I have no idea what I will need

for
twins, let alone for one baby (this is my first pregnancy). Does anyone
have the list of their registry that they could send me, or a list of

"must
haves"--even if it's just 2 items it would give me an idea of what people
think it best. Also, where is the best place to register? Any input would

be
GREATLY appreciated! : )

Beth
twin boys due in June

Old February 7th 04, 02:41 PM
Missy in Indiana

The girls are doing just great and will be 10
months old tomorrow.

Wow! Time flies when you're having fun Paula, Olivia and Cassie just keep
getting more and more beautiful! Happy 10 months, sweeties.

Are you already planning the big "1" party?
Love,
Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)