Need Help -- suspecting a fraud

Old September 4th 03, 12:24 PM
Chookie

Default Need Help -- suspecting a fraud

Not on this group, I hasten to say. I am on a list where a woman has popped
up who just doesn't sound right, and it brought back memories of the two
frauds some of us encountered on mkp a few years back. As a number of you
know quite a bit about birth stuff, I would like to run some info from her
first two posts by you all.

Post 1:

I have been happily married to DH for 12 years
and we have NINE children - not a typo. LOL. We had four children
after we got married, two girls and two boys, in four years. Life
was good - no more children for us so I went on the pill. When my
baby was 2 I got glandular fever which lo and behold threw out my
cycle and I ended up pregnant with TWINS. Made my hubby have the
chop. When the twins were four months old I discovered I was two
months pregnant with TRIPLETS! My husbands vesectomy had not
worked. So when the twins were 9 months old I gave birth to triplets
(9 weeks premie). It was very hard going at first but luckily I had
amazing support from family, friends, the community and the public in
general (there was an article in Womans Day about us).

Post 2:

We
married on January 3 1991 - a few days after my twentieth birthday.
Jeff was in his last year at uni and we figured we would have plenty
of time before the kids started arriving - little did we know LOL.
Baby 1 (BOY) Born October 30 1991
Baby 2 (GIRL) Born September 29 1992
Baby 3 (BOY) Born September 20 1993
Baby 4 (GIRL) Born October 8 1994
We decided life was good with our brood - 4 kids in not quite 4 years
is definetly enough. I went on the pill[...]
October 1996 I ended up in hospital with Glandular Fever. I didn't
think about what being sick would do with my cycle or the effects
with the pill. That Christmas I couldn't stop throwing up - I
thought maybe the GF was coming back so on boxing day hubby took me
to emergency. They did blood tests and confirmed I was pregnant. An
ultrasound in the January reviled i was having twins. August 10 1997
I gave birth naturally (with a lot of drugs!) to beautiful girls.
During my pregnancy hubby went and had a vasectomy, went to his
follow up that confirmed he was shooting blanks. Christmas Day 1997
I passed out and was rushed to hospital - my blood pressure was
extremely low and they decided to keep me in. A blood test reviled I
was again pregnant. When we spoke to the doctor - he said that
sometimes that just happens with vasectomies! An ultrasound in Jan
revealed that I was pregnant with another set of twins due in July
1998. By March my blood pressure was super low again and they put me
back in hospital.[...] In May at 9 weeks premature I went into labour to
have what I thought was twins - again a natural birth. Luckily I had
an epidural because after no2 was born I was still having intense
contractions and then the doctor realsied there was a foot hanging
out. They quickly topped up my epi and operated there in the
delivery suite and produce baby 3. Baby three was smaller than the
other two and had been laying behind - she had not been picked up on
the ultrasounds. The triplets are 3 girls. Because they all grew up
so close (I toilet trained the 5 together etc) they are more like
quins. They are all identical and it is very hard to tell them apart.
WW did a story on us which gave us tremendous support.

Questions:
1. Could a triplet be invisible to ultrasound? I wouldn't have thought so,
particularly with the late ultrasound, but what about the first one?
2. Super LOW BP at 5 mo pg?? I can picture high bp as a problem (BTDT), but
low?

The rest is more a matter of sheer unlikelihood and details that don't quite
match. And yes, the poster has already had a few crises in the week or so
since she joined. Try this one:

Last night my boys 11 and 9 were having a full on punch up over something
[...] on the top bunk. DS 11
(not so darling) decided to get DS 9 in a headlock and throw him off
the bed but failed to let go so they both went flying of the bed. I
was at the door when this happened after coming in after i heard them
yelling at each other. BOth of them flew threw the air, hit the
wall, leaving a massive hole and ended up on the floor in a pile. I
was ready to give them an earful when DS 9 started screaming. DS 11
was laying there very white. Upon inspection I noticed that DS9's
arm was in a terrible position, then noticed that DS11's leg was
basically sideways to his other leg. Rushed both of them to
emergency. DS 9 has a broken arm and DS11 has a broken leg.

I suppose it's *possible* that 2 kids could fall out of a top bunk and each
have a severe fracture, but really...

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990
Old September 4th 03, 12:57 PM
Mary Ann Tuli

Questions:
1. Could a triplet be invisible to ultrasound? I wouldn't have thought so,
particularly with the late ultrasound, but what about the first one?

It happens.

2. Super LOW BP at 5 mo pg?? I can picture high bp as a problem (BTDT), but
low?

Happened to me. I have pretty low bp anyway, but it dipped lower while pg.

What seems odd to me is that the twins and the triplets are identical.
The twins themselves and the triplets themselves may be identical, but
the twins and the triplets will be only as similar as any other
siblings. They certainly may be very very alike and be mistaken for
quins, but cannot actually be identical.

Mary Ann

Old September 4th 03, 01:45 PM
Kathy Cole

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 21:24:57 +1000, Chookie
wrote:

I suppose it's *possible* that 2 kids could fall out of a top bunk
and each have a severe fracture, but really...

I would be very skeptical too (yeah right vasectomies 'just do that'
after two consecutive 0% sperm counts), but unless she's soliciting
money from the other participants, I'd be very leery of doing anything
other than ignoring her.
Old September 4th 03, 06:17 PM
Andrea

If I told you about some of the stuff in my life you'd never believe me
either! lol. cause some of the stuff that's happened to me is pretty crazy.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 16lbs 2 (7lbs 9 and a half
born).

Old September 4th 03, 08:04 PM
Jenn

In article ,
Chookie writes
Questions:
1. Could a triplet be invisible to ultrasound? I wouldn't have thought so,
particularly with the late ultrasound, but what about the first one?
2. Super LOW BP at 5 mo pg?? I can picture high bp as a problem (BTDT), but
low?

Well - I have a bicorunate uterus, which means there are two more or
less separate chambers of the uterus (how separate depends on the
severity of the condition), and have been told that as I ovulate twice a
cycle it is entirely possible for me to be pregnant with two separate
placenta's etc at the same time, and the fertilisation could have
occurred at different times as well. One of the side effects of this is
that the second foetus would be smaller, and may be hidden by my odd
biology. MiL had twins (all be it 27 years ago), and both the scans,
foetal heart listening thingies and her physical exams showed only one
child.

As for the low BP, this is a big problem for me when pg, I get very bad
morning sickness, which is worst when I drink much liquid, so I tend to
end up dehydrated, which causes low BP.

She may be on the level, but if you're concerned just don't get involved

--
Jenn
UK
Old September 4th 03, 10:18 PM
Daye

wrote:

Not on this group, I hasten to say. I am on a list where a woman has popped
up who just doesn't sound right, and it brought back memories of the two
frauds some of us encountered on mkp a few years back.

Is she asking for money? Or is she mainly in it for the sympathy??

If it is money, then I would say she is a fraud. If it is sympathy,
she could be a fraud or she could be telling the truth. If she wants
sympathy, she is probably very lonely and insecure.

Either way, I would ignore her.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old September 4th 03, 11:45 PM
ashley

"Chookie" wrote in message
When the twins were four months old I discovered I was two
months pregnant with TRIPLETS! My husbands vesectomy had not
worked.

When we spoke to the doctor - he said that
sometimes that just happens with vasectomies!

the vasectomy thing could be true, my mil has an interesting *similar*
story. it took her 7 years to have her first, 5 years to have her #2,abt 9
months later she was scheduled to have hysterectomy(Sp?) when she went in
she was pg with #3, when #3 was 4 months she got pg with #4 (my hubby). then
they divorced for 2 years, remarried (each other) he had a vasectomey and 3
months later she was pg with #5, doc's said it was because they didn't wait
90 days and the sperm can still be stockpiled ( for lack of better term),
however when #5 was 1 she got pg with #6. so i guess it is possible, scary
but possible.
the rest does sound far-fetched, i don't know anything about hidden babies,
etc. but it sounds a little fruity

ashley

Old September 5th 03, 04:38 AM
Kereru

"Chookie" wrote in message
[...]

You could always ask what issue of womans day she was in. Then see if you
ccan track down a copy. Just out of interest.

Judy

Old September 5th 03, 09:07 AM
Mary Ann Tuli

What strikes me in this - who the heck calls a birth with lots of
drugs a "natural birth"??

I gave birth vaginally but with drugs and it was described in my notes
as natural. I think it refers to the exit route, rather than whether
drugs were required or not.

Mary Ann

Old September 5th 03, 02:07 PM
trifold

"ashley" wrote in message news:

and 3
months later she was pg with #5, doc's said it was because they didn't wait
90 days and the sperm can still be stockpiled ( for lack of better term),

This is indeed true, which is why guys are always told to submit two
clear semen samples--usually 2, one at 4 weeks another 2 weeks
later--before they are declared sterile. Studies show men are really
bad about doing this though, apparently shy about jerking off for
doctors.

trifold
http://www.vasectomy-information.com