Polio vaccine genocide in Uganda

Old August 13th 03, 05:05 AM
D. C. Sessions

Default Polio vaccine genocide in Uganda

In , Gymmie Bob wrote:

Most of us do not plan on injecting live bacteria into our bloodstreams in
the near future.

What do puncture wounds (e.g. the old garden nail)
have to do with Ebola?

However, most of us hope to live without HIV, cancer, crib
death and many other newly created diseases.

Curious -- cancer is "newly created?"
Crib death is "newly created?"
(HIV is fairly new, although "created" is dubious at best.)

--
| Microsoft: "A reputation for releasing inferior software will make |
| it more difficult for a software vendor to induce customers to pay |
Old August 13th 03, 05:28 AM
David Wright

In article ,
Gymmie Bob wrote:
Most of us do not plan on injecting live bacteria into our bloodstreams in
the near future.

Yeah, well, neither does most anyone who dies of tetanus.

However, most of us hope to live without HIV, cancer, crib
death and many other newly created diseases.

Anyone who thinks that either crib death or cancer are "newly created
diseases" is too ignorant to live.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"Steve Harris" wrote in message

"Gymmie Bob" wrote in message
I suggest you show proof that the decline in polio or any

disease was due to
vaccines.

How would we do that? No matter what happens, you will
always find something else to "blame."

Fortunately, there are plenty of direct randomized blinded
controlled trials of vaccines in humans.

And also randomized controlled trials in animals, where they
can do something that you usually can't do in humans, which
is challenge with the pathogen directly to test the vaccine
in the lab. In a recent trial of Ebola vaccine, 100% of the
vaccinated monkeys survived when given live Ebola later.
100% of the unvaccinated monkeys died, when given the same
virus at the same time. Of Ebola.

Old August 13th 03, 06:56 AM
Happy Dog

"Gymmie Bob" wrote in message
Most of us do not plan on injecting live bacteria into our bloodstreams in
the near future. However, most of us hope to live without HIV, cancer,

crib
death and many other newly created diseases.

Ahh, good. So you agree that you have been shown proof that vaccines work.

le moo

"Gymmie Bob" wrote in message
I suggest you show proof that the decline in polio or any

disease was due to
vaccines.

How would we do that? No matter what happens, you will
always find something else to "blame."

Fortunately, there are plenty of direct randomized blinded
controlled trials of vaccines in humans.

And also randomized controlled trials in animals, where they
can do something that you usually can't do in humans, which
is challenge with the pathogen directly to test the vaccine
in the lab. In a recent trial of Ebola vaccine, 100% of the
vaccinated monkeys survived when given live Ebola later.
100% of the unvaccinated monkeys died, when given the same
virus at the same time. Of Ebola.

SBH

Old August 13th 03, 01:28 PM
Jeff Utz

"Gymmie Bob" wrote in message
Most of us do not plan on injecting live bacteria into our bloodstreams in
the near future. However, most of us hope to live without HIV, cancer,

crib
death and many other newly created diseases.

Really? Newly created? Cancer has been recorded for centuries. There is no
reason to suspect that crib death (SIDS) has not been with us for time
immemorial. HIV has been in Africa over 50 years. It is air travel and rapid
transportation that seems to have spread it around.

As far as newly created, I did not know that anyone created this problems.

Jeff

Old August 13th 03, 02:18 PM
AT

"Gymmie Bob" wrote in response to "Jeff Utz"...
You are very brainwashed sir. I would like to know what you base your
assumptions on.

Assuming your question is to the value and efficacy of vaccination as
a means of preventing disease, you might look up Peter Calamai, who
writes for the Toronto Star. Perhaps he would share his research with
you. Barring that level of interaction, you could read the article he
wrote in that periodical, which says in part,

The deluge of myths, disinformation and misinformation in the
vaccination wars is so great that it has obscured the clear
evidence that immunization is without doubt the most beneficial
medical intervention of all time in terms of lives saves and
illness averted. The evidence is equally clear that any vacci-
nation carries health risks - including even death in rare
cases - but that the health risks from being unvaccinated and
getting infected by measles, mumps, polio and the rest are many,
many times greater.

These basic points are driven home by piles of peer-reviewed
studies, the "gold standard" of scientific research, and by
tragic real-life experiments such as those which took place
in Britain, Sweden and Japan in the 1970s and 1980s.

Spooked by a public outcry from misinformation that linked
whole cell pertussis vaccine to encephalopathy and sudden
infant death syndrome, the health authorities in those three
countries cut back on vaccination, sparking a dramatic upsurge
in whooping cough.

From 1976 to 1988, Britain experienced three epidemics with more
than 300,000 cases of pertussis and at least 70 deaths, half in
a single year. In Japan, pertussis increased from 393 cases and
no deaths in 1974, to 13,000 cases and 41 deaths in 1979, and
in Sweden pertussis infection rates soared from 700 cases per
100,000 population in 1981 to 3,200 in 1984.

When vaccination was re-introduced, pertussis cases plunged.

The Toronto Star, Friday, August 23, 2002. You may note that this
author is not posting from a "whale.to" website. So, if you find this
article supports your position in any way, then you might find
professional health care practitioners more receptive to reading it.

@~
Old August 13th 03, 03:00 PM
D. C. Sessions

In , Bronsing wrote:
Gymmie Bob wrote in message
and which country in Europe of the hundreds, were you in the 1956-1965
years?

Your claim was:

"Europe never had a vacciination programme", as in "never had". Secondly,
learn a little bit about Europe (hint, there aren't "hundreds" of European
countries). As for my nationality; I'm Dutch.

So what does being from Pennsylvania have to do with Europe?

GD&R

Old August 13th 03, 07:56 PM
JG

"Jeff Utz" wrote in message

The only things the whale to site will do is inform you at how people

who
are totally clueless about vaccines and medicine and science can

totally
full themselves.

*sigh*...You need more than a spell checker, Utz....