subchorionic hematoma--anyone know anything?

Old October 31st 05, 09:16 PM
Me Myself and I

Default subchorionic hematoma--anyone know anything?

I had 4 separate ones during my last (successful) pregnancy at 6 weeks 2 at
13 weeks and 1 at 22 weeks, and they measured very small then a 6x5x2cm,
7x7x2.5cm, and then another smaller one.

The stats hospital tend to give is that you have a 50/50 chance of m/c ing
but having belonged to a very large internet SCH group the % risk is
actually much lower than that probably closer to 20%. Also if the bleeds
are away from the placenta there is a lesser risk compared to being under
the placentas (only my last one touched the placenta)

I was on bed rest for a block of 7 weeks then another block of a few weeks
during my last bleed, and rest CAN help to prevent more bleeds. If you have
a SC haematoma then it's that haematoma that is stopping the bleeding. If
you can take things easy and rest often then you are giving the blot clot
chance to heal underneath and to be reabsorbed.

Unfortunately there is no real way of knowing the outcome. Some people
(like me) can have horrendous haemorrhages but manage to stay pregnant, and
others can have a tiny amount of bleeding under the placenta and they lose
the baby. It's just a horrible wait a see situation.

If you need it the SCH group is located at You
need to subscribe to the group but their is more wealth of knowledge in that
group of several hundred women than you will EVER find through the internet.

Tell your friend to take care.

--
Pip

My girls :
Abby - 8 weeks early now 8.5 months old and has started to babble "Bub bub
bub bub bub"
Jasmine - 5 weeks early now 3.5 yrs Favourite saying "What you doing that
for?"

"Inside me is a skinny women screaming to get out........but I can normally
keep the b*tch quiet with cookies"

--
"hobbes" wrote in message
No, it's not me. But one of my best friends is currently 7 weeks pregnant
and has been bleeding off and on since implantation. She had an
ultrasound
last week and a subchorionic hematoma (blood clot in the uterus) was
detected. She was told it measures 2.8 x 3.1 x 1.4 cm and is located on
the
"inferior margin of the gestational sac."

From my google searches, it sounds like her chances of miscarriage depend
pretty largely on how big the clot is and on where it's located, but I
don't
know if her clot is considered big or not, and I don't know if the
location
is a concern.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge which might help her?

Her OB said that there's nothing to be done but bedrest, but even online
info seems conflicted on that point. She has two small children and no
family close by, so bedrest is not an easy option.

Thanks for any info (or happy outcomes) you might know of.

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (4 years),

Old November 1st 05, 03:23 AM
Purple Gal

Actually, I was advised to take it easy and no heavy lifting... but not
bedrest.

Adela

"hobbes" wrote in message

Were you advised to go on bedrest? That seems to be the big question
right
now--she's been told that that's all she can do, but from our research, it
almost seems like they don't have anything else to offer, so they just
suggest bedrest.

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (4 years),