Microwaving children

Old September 6th 04, 07:17 PM
Mxsmanic

john writes:

I'd bet you wouldn't let them put one on top of your kids school ...

Why not? Microwaves are nothing. Kids are exposed to a much more
powerful and dangerous type of radiation each time they go outside the
building, one that is virtually guaranteed to cause severe burns and
even cancer on overexposure. It's called sunlight.

Old September 7th 04, 04:39 AM
David Wright

In article ,
D. C. Sessions wrote:
In message , john scudamore wrote:
"Steve Harris " wrote
in message

You slipped a decimal and are off by a factor of 10, but we get your
point. You still radiate any kid in the car with far more RF power
from your cell phone than they'll ever see in a normal environment. It
doesn't matter how close they get to the antenna tower. And for
microwave antennas on a tower that beam goes over the head like a
searchlight anyway.

SBH

Sure it does, for a dish maybe but a panel? You rarely see dish
transmitters or receivers on mobile phone masts. And the Tetra system
used
by the police and ambulance has NO directional type masts. One Tetra I
looked at recently was next to a school.
http://www.whale.to/b/tet.html
I'd bet you wouldn't let them put one on top of your kids school like this
cancer scientist http://www.whale.to/b/tetra1.html

Of course they're directional. Any fixed antenna system benefits
greatly from managing the dispersion pattern simply because it
gets better coverage within its range and less interference outside
it.

It's just good RF engineering. Dates back to the 30s and 40s.

Wait a few decades and Scudamore may even catch up to the period.

Ha. Scudamore wishes he'd been born several hundred years ago, back
when they really understood healing.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Old September 7th 04, 07:35 AM
john

"CWatters" wrote in message
-

Hi John,

Yes panel type can also be directional. For mobile phones usually several
panels pointing in slightly different directions are used.

Oh really, I've read an independent expert on microwaves and I din't see any
mention of that http://www.whale.to/a/trower_h.html

Nice try.

Old September 7th 04, 09:09 AM
john

"CWatters" wrote in message
-

Yes panel type can also be directional. For mobile phones usually several
panels pointing in slightly different directions are used.

Yes, and cover the whole area around them to reach all mobile phones in the
area

Old September 8th 04, 04:11 AM
David Wright

In article ,
john wrote:

"CWatters" wrote in message
-

Hi John,

Yes panel type can also be directional. For mobile phones usually several
panels pointing in slightly different directions are used.

Oh really, I've read an independent expert on microwaves and I din't see any
mention of that http://www.whale.to/a/trower_h.html

I read the "tet.html" page from that link and it looked totally nutty
to me. Can someone who knows more than I about microwave radiation
confirm? (If nothing else, the author seems clueless about ionizing
vs non-ionizing radiation.)

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Old September 8th 04, 04:19 AM
D. C. Sessions

"CWatters" wrote in message
-

Yes panel type can also be directional. For mobile phones usually
several panels pointing in slightly different directions are used.

Oh really, I've read an independent expert on microwaves and I din't see
any mention of that http://www.whale.to/a/trower_h.html

Nice try.

Brilliant, John. Have a look at a picture of an Aegis cruiser
and tell us that that honking panel on it isn't useful because
it's not directional.

Knowing Scudamore, he'll prolly insist that the Aegis program
is part of a Government conspiracy to make us think that cell
towers are directional.

--
A:*Because*it*messes*up*the*order*in*which*people* normally*read*text.
Q:*Why*is*top-posting*such*a*bad*thing?
Old September 8th 04, 08:09 AM
john

"D. C. Sessions" wrote in message

What direction are cell phone panels pointing and radiating then?

Old September 8th 04, 01:48 PM
M,a,r,k P,r,o,b,e,r,t-September 7, 2004

"john" wrote in message

"D. C. Sessions" wrote in message

What direction are cell phone panels pointing and radiating then?

I'll give you another hint, field strength is not necessarily constant
within the radiation direction even though one may be equidistant.

Old September 8th 04, 05:42 PM
Say not the Struggle nought Availeth

Welcome back D.C.

you have been missed.

j.

-

Old September 8th 04, 07:02 PM
john

"Say not the Struggle nought Availeth" wrote in message
om...
Welcome back D.C.

you have been missed.

j.