Eventful night (graphic)

Old July 23rd 03, 01:16 PM
Elly

Default Eventful night (graphic)

"==Daye==" ha scritto nel messaggio
I am thinking about moving my appointment up because
there are a couple of things that have happened that are
worrying.

Daye, I really hope these things you mention turn out to be nothing to worry
about! Take care of yourself, and once again, good luck with everything :-)

Elly

Old July 23rd 03, 03:11 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Elly writes:

Oh, I also *hate* her for her approach (especially when head down the
toilette bowl - sorry for being so graphic!). She said to take it every
other day, I take it every 3rd day and sort of try to *mask* it with
eating right before and right after - that usually does the trick and
helps me not throw up. But still, it does not help all the time, and
actually the days after the throwing-up episodes are the worst -
yesterday I was so reluctant to take it (after not taking it for 2 full
days and throwing it up the 3rd day) - because you kind of still
remember how sick and weak it made you feel (although you felt perfectly
normal before taking it) and are afraid it will make you feel like that
again (though, yesterday I masked it with food and did not throw up)...

Elly, are you a woman or a wombat? :-) She isn't standing there forcing it
down your throat, is she? So if you don't want to take it, because she
hasn't given you a reason to take it that satisfies you, DON'T TAKE IT! If
you are worried about repercussions like her refusing to keep you a a
patient, don't tell her you're not taking it - it's better not to lie, but
a doctor who refuses to give sensible answers to a patient's questions
hasn't earned honesty, and sometime discretion is the better part of
valour.

Sidheag
edd Oct 13th

Old July 23rd 03, 10:29 PM
Elly

"Sidheag McCormack" ha scritto nel
messaggio ...

So if you don't want to take it, because she
hasn't given you a reason to take it that satisfies you, DON'T TAKE IT! If
you are worried about repercussions like her refusing to keep you a a
patient, don't tell her you're not taking it

No, I would not *get in trouble* if I refused to take it altogether - I am
only worried about the eventual repercussions it might have on the baby or
me. You know, kind of "what if" thinking. I've heard a lot of women not
being told to take it because their iron levels were fine, but they bled
heavily at birth and were terribly weak afterwards (and in their cases,
their doctors connected this with their storages or iron being low
immediately prior to childbirth). I wouldn't want that to happen.
I believe that there is no harm done if I take it 2 or 3 times a week,
especially with food - it seems that this way the stomach doesn't mind it.
BTW, I am checking my iron levels, not just the hb, at my next appointment
(31 weeks).
But thank you for worrying about me :-)

Elly
29 weeks + 2 days
EDD October 6th

Old July 24th 03, 04:27 PM
Em

"==Daye==" wrote in message
First, let me say thank you to all who answered and/or gave
suport.

I didn't see my doctor. The blood was taken in Pathology at the
hospital. I don't have an appointment with my doctor until next
Friday. I am thinking about moving my appointment up because
there are a couple of things that have happened that are
worrying.

Best wishes, Daye. It sounds like it may be a good idea to move the appt. up
if you can.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03