any advice?

Old October 6th 04, 06:48 PM
Kaybee

Default any advice?

Hi all,

I have hit that part in my pregnancy where I feel so fat. I never had this
feeling with Eva. I am 27 weeks. Is this feeling ever going to go away.
It is to the point where I wont even let my hubby see me naked.

I think where it all started when we went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago
and no one noticed I was pregnant. I even heard someone say 'is Kay getting
fat?' Then when we told everyone that I was expecting they were all
shocked.

Ugh I know that I am huge but I thought I looked like I had a baby belly now
I am second guessing myself and am embarrassed to go anywhere.

Has anyone else experienced this feeling?

Have a good day
Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

Old October 6th 04, 07:14 PM
T Flynn

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Kaybee wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this feeling?

I always thought I looked pregnant until I actually was pregnant, then I
just thought I looked fat. I've always had a paunchy abdomen, but then
Kay carried so high it just filled out my upper ab so I just looked "apple
shaped" instead of "pear shaped." Of course, this meant that my clothes
didn't fit well either, AND nobody could tell I was pregnant, on top of it
all. Very frustrating! (As it was, I always joked that I looked around
four months pregnant, and at 3.5 months was when the "apple" shape started
in a bit!)

Just a couple more weeks and you'll obviously be Momlike and everyone will
kick themselves realizing what silly dunderheads they were. Enjoy
reaching the back of the counter while you can.

Old October 6th 04, 08:14 PM
Leslie

(((Kay))) People can be so stupid. I know what it's like to feel like a whale
and not want to go anywhere.

Get some clothes that fit well and emphasize your baby belly!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 7th 04, 01:21 AM
Cathy

Leslie wrote:
Get some clothes that fit well and emphasize your baby belly!

Yep, my thoughts exactly. I tend to wear baggy sloppy clothes all the time.
I was getting no comments at 6 months about being pregnant, so I made some
trousers, and wore them with a tighter fitting top. Voila - I got lots of
congratulations on the upcoming baby, and it made me feel so much better.
(It doesn't help that my backside sticks out about as far as the baby belly
either!).

Cathy

Old October 7th 04, 03:03 AM
Wendy

Hugs, hugs and more hugs. I do know how you feel. I have the "I am
too fat to go anywhere because someone might say I am getting really
BIG" mentality because people have said it. I don't know where this rude
subculture of people came from who say such dumb things.....sigh. I
posted here with a similar subject and someone gave me some really good
and really hilarious advice. She said extra weight is just extra
weight....it doesn't have anything evil, or magical about it, and you
can always get rid of it if you want to.

Wendy

Old October 7th 04, 07:09 PM
Kaybee

I want to thank everyone for helping me. I am feeling a little better.

Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

"Kaybee" wrote in message
[...]

Advice on Paracetamol is Unscientific and Unsafe john Kids Health 3 September 23rd 04 06:52 PM
Advice needed for new book on pregancy HeadMom Pregnancy 0 July 15th 04 08:32 PM
Advice needed MWM40PA Spanking 1 December 28th 03 06:08 AM
Deal to Pay Off Back Support: Urgent Advice Needed Noncustodial Indentured Servant Child Support 21 November 10th 03 09:47 AM