Is spamming being permitted here??

Old July 8th 07, 03:52 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
kidman

Default Is spamming being permitted here??

What's with all the irrelevant anti-CPS propaganda being posted here? As a
child care consultant, I've worked with and for a number of CPS agencies in
various regions of the U.S. Invariably, these agencies suffer abject under-
funding, with social workers carrying case loads so high that mistakes and
oversights are inevitable. The same problem holds true for the Foster Care
system.

The problem is simple. We live in a society that simply doesn't place a high
enough priority on the safety of children. Apparently, we'd rather spend our
tax dollars on war-mongering.

But, this isn't the issue I've come here to address. I joined this site as a
child advocate in the name of Child Abuse Prevention to discuss the major
cause of Child Abuse involving physical injury....the practice of spanking.
At this (initial) point I'm forced to ask if I've come to the right place in
order to do so?

Old July 12th 07, 02:59 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
kidman via FamilyKB.com

Anyone educated in the field of Social Work knows that it's the kid's who
suffer most when homes are broken up. I've seen many of these bitter and
(fanciful) inaccurate online accounts coming from parents who have had run-
ins with CPS agencies. Invariably, these accounts come from either parents
investigated or charged with Child Abuse, or from hard-core Libertarians, e.g.
, 'I don't want government interference if I should choose to beat my kid
bloody'.

Of course there are any number of anecdotal accounts related to CPS failures
at any given time, but attempts to 'throw out the baby with the bath water'
are ludicrous. I'll put this very simply. CPS agencies across the U.S. save
from physical harm and emotional harm thousands of children at risk on a
yearly basis. And, they accomplish this in the face of woefully inadequate
funding.

0:-] wrote:
What's with all the irrelevant anti-CPS propaganda being posted here? As a
child care consultant, I've worked with and for a number of CPS agencies in

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
At this (initial) point I'm forced to ask if I've come to the right place in
order to do so?

Sorry I missed your post before. I only check in here every week or
so. I'll cross post out to ascps your commentary in attributions
above, as you see, and my responses below.

"What's with," has to do with the nature of those very people you
worked with.

They ARE HERE. Here is where they can be heard. And laughed at or
ignored for the lying pieces of crap they really are.

In ascps, there is both a real reform of CPS expressed, and phony one
by the yammering ****ants that suggest "destroy it and completely
replace it, top to bottom."

Those latter ALWAYS avoid responding to my challenge: "what you do
with child abuse in the interim, and what would and who will you
replace those you banish?"

They are so glib...until they are challenged with reality. They either
lie or run.

There is another contingent. Those that attempt to help CPS engaged
families. Again two kinds. Those that attempt to entrap the families
into staying engaged with CPS longer, or losing their children
entirely.

They do what I like to call 'lab ratting' of the families in duress.

They try to get them to do what LOST THEM THEIR OR OTHER'S CHILDREN,
over again.

Challenge the courts, break the law some more, refuse services, and of
course join them in their folly.

Mostly anti-Government creeps. Search in google group,
alt.support.child-protective-services, on Brian Christine. Watch the
story full bore, and what was done to that family by these kinds of
creepy thugs.

Search also on the name 'Steele' and the most recent post about him,
by Dan Sullivan. This was part of the ongoing saga of the Christine
case.

Then for the other folks that attempt to help CPS engaged families.

Basically they attempt to give information on the real workings,
operationally, of the policies and practices of CPS across the
country. They are from all over. Most have been engaged with CPS as
clients and managed to keep their children, or recover them.

Their tactics include both challenging the "findings," AND getting
their own acts together in ways that show the court they can indeed
keep their children safe.

I have a link to that group of people.

I worked as a student on work study for CPS many years ago. 1980-81,
and came to understand more than the lay public 0:] and kept following
up on it. Went on to do mental health work with adolescent's, and in
time came to helping relatives regain or keep their kin. You are of
course familiar with "Kinships Care" and it's history and challenges
over the last couple of decades.

The others here, and myself, have a considerable body of knowledge to
share that can not only help people "escape CPS clutches" but do so in
ways that in fact ARE in the best interests of the child, or I would
not help.

Understanding the system, and providing support to others new to
challenge CPS can present to a family, is what it's all about.

You will take a beating here, if you decide to stay and give some
straight information that confounds the liars and their lies, and you
might well lend to the efforts for families to do they right thing, in
shorter time, to get free of their CPS engagement.

I hope you chose to stay.

Welcome.

(OH, and I note you did recognize the bs spamming of the
antiGovernment yahoos.)

Kane

--
James C. Talbot

Old July 12th 07, 03:12 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
kidman via FamilyKB.com

I should also add that perhaps it should not be surprising that attacks
against child protection agencies would appear on a 'spanking' board. I'll
say again that the majority of reported Child Abuse cases involving physical
injury are associated with acts of spanking. Commonly, these injuries to
children were 'accidently inflicted' according to investigated/charged
parents. I've worked with many of them over the years. Most regret having
been guilty of a 'spanking gone wrong'.

kidman wrote:
[...]

[quoted text clipped - 86 lines]

Kane

--
James C. Talbot

Old July 12th 07, 08:26 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce
Greegor

Default CPS BENEFICIARY sees opposition as SPAM

kidman (James C. Talbot) wrote
Anyone educated in the field of Social Work knows snip

That basically rules out being a CPS caseworker!
You must be a BENEFICIARY of the corrupt system, lobbying for your own
paycheck!

What about the MSW's and higher who have said that the
only way to reform the corrupt crusading culture inside
of the CPS agencies is to dismantle them completely
and start over with NONE of the old people?

Anyone educated in the field of Social Work is indoctrinated
into a mindset and even falsehoods codified by textbooks.
Textbook descriptions of Munchausens By Proxy are
partly to blame for the large number of FALSE accusations of it.

Back in the 1980's when the main ""educational materials""
on Ritual Satanic Child Abuse were an NBC Movie of the Week,
there was a rash of MASS child removals and investigations
in several places. Then FBI researched and found that
RSCA was almost pure hysteria.

The BILLIONS spent on RSCA was a BOONDOGGLE.
Do they teach that in the Social Work textbooks?

Your think that opposition opinions threatening your paycheck are
SPAM? LOL

OF COURSE you want to minimize the disasters that happen
in state custody, and emphasize the few cases of horrific
child abuse at the hands of parents.

And you'd like to portray spanking as the "slippery slope"
that leads to real child abuse, but you don't want to address the
"slippery slope" of government intrusion into families.

Golly tongue in cheek how come your big issues
mimick those of Kane so exactly?

Almost like a clone or rubber stamp...
I believe the industry term is "cookie cutter"...

Tell me, do you have any independent thought or do you buy
the Child Protection INDUSTRY "party line" completely?

Just a little bit self serving don't you think?

By the way, there have been a few NAMBLA type "KIDMEN"
caught and convicted working as Child Protection caseworkers.

Weren't they serving themselves also?

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...c59501102a6dec

Newsgroups: alt.parenting.spanking
Subject: Is spamming being permitted here??

From: "0:-]"
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:22:56 -0700

Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jul 18, 1:22 pm).

3.
Newsgroups: alt.parenting.spanking

Old July 12th 07, 11:35 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

I see that Family KB is blatantly NOT a place for insiders only
and so Family Rights and Parents Rights gripes about the
Child Protection INDUSTRY would not be SPAM of course.

It certainly isn't SPAM in public newsgroups.

I don't think much of the various "Content Management"
companies like Advenet which use PIECES of public
newsgroups as content to sell their web site advertising.

You only said that to TROLL for activity.
I see that you are desperate for activity.

"Prior to graduate school, I worked for a child-protective
agency as a Social Worker 2"

They usually use "Social Worker II".
The more proper title is Caseworker, BSW.
Most CPS caseworkers are NOT licensed SW's
but are allowed to CALL themselves SW by virtue
of their JOB, not their educational credentials.

You only lasted a year doing that, yet you think it's
so very noble?

Can you prove this is really even your name?

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert_bio=James_C._Talbot

BIO for James Talbot

After four years in the Marine Corps and a stint as the leading Sales
Manager for Beneficial Mgmt. Corp., I went on to a B.A. in Psychology
from Oberlin College. During my undergraduate studies, in my assigned
position with the Urban Studies Program, I authored, implemented, and
directed a study called 'Operation Success' for the Cleveland Public
School System. I was selected as a Research Intern for a semester, and
then retained as a Research Consultant for a second semester to
complete the study. This study was an especially designed existing
program for inner-city students deemed to be potential high-school
drop-outs.

My hypothesis was that given the right environment, these students
could improve their self-concepts as learners. With pre and post
testing, the study proved to show a significant increase in the
students' self-concepts as learners in a formal educational setting.
During this time, I taught drums and played in a Rock & Roll band. I
recruited eleven of my students to form a drum section which won a
national championship the following year. I also taught a course in a
private high school entitled 'Alternatives in Education'.

After graduation from Oberlin College in 1972, I accepted a position
as a Counselor at a drop-in center for teen-agers with drug and family
problems. My responsibilities included one-on-one sessions, leading a
group-session, speaking to community groups and schools, and escorting
prisoners (drug-related offenders) from a state honor farm to group
sessions. I subsequently left this position to become the Executive
Director of the Sandusky Valley Board of Drug Abuse where I was
responsible for setting-up and overseeing Drug Abuse Prevention
Programs for a three county area. Speaking to various groups and
organizations, counselling, and staff training were also an integral
part of the job.

Prior to graduate school, I worked for a child-protective agency as a
Social Worker 2. This position involved working with abusive and
negligent parents and their children in an attempt to keep the
families together when feasible. While I was in this position I became
aware of the incredible need of children to gain love and acceptance
from their parents.

I attended the University of Northern Colorado for my post-graduate
work in Psychology where I maintained a 3.9 GPA. Over the years I've
accumulated more than 500 University Contact Hours through various
field-related classes and seminars.

Over a period of five years, I founded and directed an alternative
boarding school for children judged by public school systems to have
behavior or adjustment problems. While waiting for various approvals
and funding, I accepted a position as a Teacher and Activity Therapist
at a private school for the Severely Developmentally Disabled.

With regard to the purpose of this biography, my field-related work
experience is of minor significance compared to the "proof-of-the-
pudding" of my son and daughter. Suffice it to say, if your kids turn
out like mine have, you won't be able to keep from feeling the same
fulfillment, gratification and joy as I do. There is nothing more
important that I could have done with my life than having played a
significant role in providing an environment for my children that
optimized their chances of one day reaching their full potential;
while also optimizing their chances of finding a preponderance of
happiness, joy, and fulfillment throughout their lives.

My son is 27, my daughter 25. They are both much-loved and have an
uncommon number of friends who hold them in high esteem. They are
altruistic, loving, mature, compassionate, kind, and out-going. They
are already clear about what has true meaning in life. They are
relatively stress-free and have the ablility to handle life's
vicissitudes with great aplomb. Because of the strength and self-
esteem they acquired during their formative years, I never had to
worry about their mental health, substance abuse, delinquent behavior,
or social problems. Unlike me at their age, the clear-headed choices
they have made in their lives are impeccable. The sophistication and
scope of their perceptions, insights, and level of consciousness
surpassed mine a number of years ago, and I found myself in need of
making a transition from teacher to student in these areas. I should
also add that they are both comfortable with who they are and what
they stand for.

I do not exaggerate when I say my son is already a giant of a man. His
nobility, heroism, and generosity of himself (even at the risk of
getting hurt) is quite frankly, beyond my experience. I could cite an
incredible example of this but it's a long story. Ask me if you'd
like. His passion is for the Environmental Sciences and he was
President of an environmental association in college. My son's
demeanor is an ever-present, unassuming self-assuredness that has a
tendency to endear him to just about everyone he comes in contact
with. He's warm, caring, funny, and a good listener.

My daughter is vivacious, radiant, and effervescent. She's very sweet
yet very strong. She will soon embark in a career as a Teacher in
Special Education and is married to a fine young attorney. I'm really
not sure if she could be any happier than she is right now. She has
shown an ability to lead a life where the magnitude of the problems
she encounters day-to-day are minimized to the point of being the envy
of most people, maybe even just about ALL people. Throughout her life,
she has never given me cause to raise my voice at her in anger.

In conclusion, I've heard Oprah Winfrey (among others) say, "The
hardest job in the world is raising kids". I beg to differ in the
strongest terms! JUST ASK ME WHY! Any little question you have is fine
---------- you don't have to have expensive counselling sessions and
you don't need to subscribe.

vs

http://ezinearticles.com/author-terms-of-service.html
The authors of the articles in this site do not dispense medical,
legal or professional advice, nor do they prescribe any treatment or
strategy that should be tested without the advice of a professional.
Information presented on this site is for educational or entertainment
purposes only. You are responsible for your own actions should you use
any information found on this site.

Old July 13th 07, 07:58 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
kidman via FamilyKB.com

0:-), thanks for your support. It's an old story in which small-minded
individuals who cannot offer a reasonable rebuttal to unwelcome information
make an attempt to discredit the presenter.

0:-] wrote:
Anyone educated in the field of Social Work knows that it's the kid's who
suffer most when homes are broken up. I've seen many of these bitter and

[quoted text clipped - 101 lines]

Kane

--
James C. Talbot

Old July 13th 07, 04:24 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.divorce
firemonkey

Default BIO for greg

BIO for gregor

1. Go to http://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ES...p/DefaultFrame

2. Start a case search for gregory s hanson, choose Linn county

It is what it is.

Firemonkey

BIO for greg

Old July 14th 07, 01:39 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
kidman via FamilyKB.com

Hi there. The link you provided didn't work for me, but I can offer a good
guess as to what information it discloses. I have a question. Why would a
board devoted to a discussion on the practice of spanking allow for the
spamming of anti-child welfare programs? I'm reminded of spanking fetishist's
who attempt to disrupt spanking debate boards. Is this board not moderated? I
must say that I'm interested in efforts toward child abuse prevention, not
anti-child propaganda (which in essence, these inflammatory, misleading
postings represent).

So, let me ask you kindly, is this the normal situation here? If so, I should
be on my way (I'm fairly burned-out on attempting to deal with crusading
child abusers who have lost their 'parental right' to continue their abusive
practices....I've already put my time in.) Thanks.

firemonkey wrote:
BIO for gregor

1. Go to http://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ES...p/DefaultFrame

2. Start a case search for gregory s hanson, choose Linn county

It is what it is.

Firemonkey

(Post deleted reposted with crossposting list.)

[quoted text clipped - 152 lines]