CDC Report Ignores Autism-Mercury Link Despite New Data

Old May 9th 06, 05:32 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,uk.people.health

Default CDC Report Ignores Autism-Mercury Link Despite New Data

CDC Report Ignores Autism-Mercury Link Despite New Data

Written by: J.T. Thorn

Date: May 5, 2006

A new report reveals startling data that show a link between the mercury
used in vaccines to the rising Autism rate in the United States.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia
authored the new study, which show that 1 in 175 school aged children have
some form of autism.

Despite the numbers, the CDC refuses take responsibility for the
connection.

"The study, while valuable in showing that autism rates are high, also
substantiated that the rate of autism has increased during the 1990s, and
that the rate of autism among children born after 1992 are at epidemic
proportions of 6.8-7.6 cases per thousand," said SafeMinds Executive
Director Sallie Bernard.

Among children in the study born between 1986 to 1992 the autism were much
lower, 4.1-4.6 cases per thousand, about 3/5 the rate of the children born
after 1992.

"The rise in autism rates for children born after 1992 as compared to those
born between 1986 and 1992 corresponds to increased exposures from mercury
in infant vaccines. Two new mercury-containing vaccines were added to the
infant schedule in 1990-1991, and it is after this time period that the
rate
in autism increased dramatically," said Bernard.

The agency attempted to justify the numbers during a recent press
conference
which didn't fair well with anti-mercury and anti-vaccine groups across the
board.

"It wouldn't be in the CDC's best interest to admit fault here. What we
know
- as parents, is being denied and ignored by the very individuals who
control our children's health," said Human Rights journalist and
anti-vaccine advocate, Anai Rhoads Ford.

Mercury, known as Thimerosal, was first put in vaccines in the 1930's. It
was initially used as a preservative, and remained a center ingredient to
most vaccines. It was around this time that Autism made its appearance.

"Symptoms of Mercury poisoning mirror what we see in children with Autism.
More children are going to suffer as long as we allow the CDC to continue
their experiments," said Rhoads Ford.

As time went on, the vaccine schedule for infants was increased from 10 to
24 shots. Not only were there more recommended immunizations, the CDC
increased the Thimerosal in each one.

Rhoads Ford went on to say, "Children have been used as guinea pigs for the
last 70 years. We are no longer living in a society where scientific
advances are out of our reach. We have researchers that can find a better
preservative than Thimerosal. The CDC needs to stop thinking of the
bottomline and start considering safer alternatives. Period."

To this day, the CDC and other pro-vaccine groups have not effectively
offered data that prove that Thimerosal is safe.

©2006 J.T. Thorn

Old May 9th 06, 07:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,uk.people.health

john wrote:
"The rise in autism rates for children born after 1992 as compared to those
born between 1986 and 1992 corresponds to increased exposures from mercury
in infant vaccines. Two new mercury-containing vaccines were added to the
infant schedule in 1990-1991, and it is after this time period that the
rate in autism increased dramatically," said Bernard.

We've been down this road before. The increase in autism rates is due
to the economic expansion that started in 1992. Or was it because of
the greater number of home runs hit in Major League Baseball since
1992? Maybe it was both?

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....14935900cbbef8
===========================

From: Vaccine-Man
Date: Wed, Dec 11 2002 6:01 pm

Thimerosal Linked to Economy

AP - Economists at the conservative Heritage Foundation have
discovered that thimerosal, a preservative used in some vaccines, has
a positive effect on economic performance.

In the early 1990s, the U. S. economy was in the middle of a downturn.
However, shortly thereafter, two new vaccines were introduced to
immunize children against Hemophilus influenza type B and hepatitis B
virus. The introduction of these vaccines increased the overall
exposure of children to thimerosal, a molecule that contains mercury.

Shortly after the introduction of these vaccines, the U. S. economy
began its longest expansion in history, spanning the presidency of
Bill Clinton. Some now speculate that these vaccines were initiated by
a clandestine group within the Democratic party.

Initially, the link was not clear. But in 1999, a medical advisory
group recommended that thimerosal be removed from childhood vaccines
and the link to the economy became convincing. After the removal of
thimerosal the U. S. economy declined dramatically. "This shows
conclusively that thimerosal use is tied to the performance of the
economy," said Michael Polionis of the Heritage Foundation.

However, scientists have argued that causality has not been
established. "Nonsense," said Polionis, "no matter how you examine it
the link is obvious."

There are now calls for a Federal investigation on this issue. One
anonymous researcher who was on the advisory committee admitted, "It's
completely obvious that we made a bad call when we recommended removal
of thimerosal. Now we're paying the price."

Some economists are now calling for the immediate reintroduction of
thimerosal into childhood vaccines, insisting that it is the only way
that the economy can start to grow again.

Even Republican strategists are encouraged by the results. Karl Rove,
an advisor to President Bush, has already begun to examine how
thimerosal can be put into other consumables in an effort to assure
the reelection of the President. He said, "It's the thimerosal,
stupid."

Republican researchers are now attempting to optimize the dose of
thimerosal and have suggested that the miniscule amounts that children
had previously received was too small. "If we can put ten times more
thimerosal in the vaccines we can climb out of this recession in a
couple of months, give every American a $10,000 tax refund, and pay
for the upcoming invasion of Iraq" said one insider who refused to be
identified.

Additionally, attorneys representing Major League Baseball pitchers
have also joined in the fray. Since thimerosal has been removed from
vaccines the number of home runs hit each year has dramatically
increased. In recent years Mark Maguire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds
have each broken the old home run record held since 1961 by Roger
Maris. "The removal of thimerosal has given hitters an unfair
advantage," said Robert Goldstein, the attorney representing the
pitchers. "We will pursue litigation if necessary to rectify this
injustice."

Old May 9th 06, 08:00 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,uk.people.health

"Vaccine-man" wrote in message
ups.com...

From: Vaccine-Man
Date: Wed, Dec 11 2002 6:01 pm

Thimerosal Linked to Economy

Great joke, hiding the cause of autism for professional and pecunary reasons

Old May 9th 06, 10:45 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,uk.people.health

Date: May 5, 2006

A new report reveals startling data that show a link between the mercury
used in vaccines to the rising Autism rate in the United States.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia
authored the new study, which show that 1 in 175 school aged children have
some form of autism.

Despite the numbers, the CDC refuses take responsibility for the
connection.

"The study, while valuable in showing that autism rates are high, also
substantiated that the rate of autism has increased during the 1990s, and
that the rate of autism among children born after 1992 are at epidemic
proportions of 6.8-7.6 cases per thousand," said SafeMinds

Bull**** red flag. No need to read any further.

snip
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old May 9th 06, 11:52 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,uk.people.health

Date: May 5, 2006

[...]

Translation:

Outside of my Bull**** belief system.

Searched all groups Results 1 - 7 of 7 for "No need to read any
further" group:misc.health.alternative (0.12
seconds)

Restored:

Old May 10th 06, 05:33 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,uk.people.health

"Jan Drew" wrote:

Searched all groups Results 1 - 7 of 7 for "No need to read any
further" group:misc.health.alternative (0.12
seconds)

And I wrote:

Searched all groups Results 1 - 10 of 20 for ****
(0.15 seconds)
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old May 10th 06, 06:38 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med,uk.people.health