Yay Breastfeeding! 4mo update

Old August 12th 06, 11:12 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

Default Yay Breastfeeding! 4mo update

The boys are doing so well I couldn't contain myself and so decided to post
an update since we had their 4mo appointment.

The breastfeeding is going amazingly well. They both only seem to nurse
when they are hungry. This is so nice for me. It makes nursing two very
manageable. They also *sleep* at night. They will sometimes wake up in the
middle of the night but only once. I hope that doesn't change but I know it
might ;-)

Ben is 14lbs 1oz and 26" long. Brock is 17lbs 10oz and 26 3/4 inches long.
I have such a feeling of wonderment when I look at them and realize that
*my body* grew all of what sits before me. Well, except for that puny
little sperm, lol.

We haven't started any solids yet. We'll do that when they seem ready or at
6mos. My only worry is that I wasn't able to pump much last week. I had
pump resistance with Luke starting at 4mo but a much better freezer stash.

They are marvelous babies. I'm so blessed. I've been a little more
stressed since I've had to return to work but I love every inch of my family
and have been pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy it all :-) The big
boys are also great, and just wonderful brothers. We haven't experienced
any growing pains with them and the twins at all so that is another bonus!

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old August 13th 06, 12:54 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
lucy-lu

Nikki wrote:
[...]

Hi Nikki

Congratulations on doing so well! I remember your babies very well, as
my cousin had her twin boys within a couple of days of you. You're doing
so well to BF twins! I know how hard I've found getting into it with
just one!! *hugs* and congratulations again!

Lucy
Old August 13th 06, 03:02 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Me Myself and I

"Nikki" wrote in message
news:M66dnV7dgaJbz0PZnZ2dnUVZ_qCdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...
[...]

Congrats Nikki what a great update. You have done so well with your
family!! Good luck for the future.

--
Pip

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - 21 March 02 -
Still as small as a peanut but as smart as a whip!

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - 3 Feb 05 -
"Uhhhhh ohhhhhh" is my new favourite phrase, now what other trouble can I
find!

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

Old August 13th 06, 05:17 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Leslie

Yay, Nikki! I'm glad it's all going so well.

Leslie

Old August 13th 06, 08:42 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Cheri Stryker

Nikki wrote:

The boys are doing so well I couldn't contain myself and so decided to post
an update since we had their 4mo appointment.

Yay!

Ben is 14lbs 1oz and 26" long. Brock is 17lbs 10oz and 26 3/4 inches long.
I have such a feeling of wonderment when I look at them and realize that
*my body* grew all of what sits before me. Well, except for that puny
little sperm, lol.

Hee hee. I keep thinking, like the red stripe beer commercials, "hooray
my boobs!"

[giggle] Well done to your boobs. [grin]
--

Cheri Stryker

mom to DS1 - 7 yrs, and DS2 - 5.5 months
Old August 14th 06, 04:57 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
PattyMomVA

"Nikki" wrote and I snipped:
The boys are doing so well I couldn't contain myself and so decided to
post an update since we had their 4mo appointment.

The breastfeeding is going amazingly well. They both only seem to nurse
when they are hungry. This is so nice for me. It makes nursing two very
manageable. They also *sleep* at night. They will sometimes wake up in
the middle of the night but only once. I hope that doesn't change but I
know it might ;-)

They are marvelous babies. I'm so blessed.

Great news, Nikki. It's wonderful to hear how well everyone there is doing.
Keep it up! And, thanks for sharing.

-Patty, mom of 1+2

Old August 16th 06, 04:41 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"lucy-lu" wrote in message

Congratulations on doing so well! I remember your babies very well, as my
cousin had her twin boys within a couple of days of you. You're doing so
well to BF twins! I know how hard I've found getting into it with just
one!! *hugs* and congratulations again!

Aw thank you :-) I'm lucky that the twins weren't my first. The adjustment
to my first baby (nursing and everything else!) was so much harder then it
has been learning to care for two.

I hope your cousin is hanging in there caring for two!

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old August 16th 06, 04:42 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"Me Myself and I"

Congrats Nikki what a great update. You have done so well with your
family!! Good luck for the future.

Thank you! When I start feeling negative about something I always have to
stop and take stock and count my blessings...which are many!

Old August 16th 06, 04:43 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"Cheri Stryker" wrote in message
Nikki wrote:

The boys are doing so well I couldn't contain myself and so decided to
post an update since we had their 4mo appointment.

Yay!

Ben is 14lbs 1oz and 26" long. Brock is 17lbs 10oz and 26 3/4 inches
long. I have such a feeling of wonderment when I look at them and realize
that *my body* grew all of what sits before me. Well, except for that
puny little sperm, lol.

Hee hee. I keep thinking, like the red stripe beer commercials, "hooray
my boobs!"

[giggle] Well done to your boobs. [grin]

LOL. They *are* hard working gals ;-)

Old August 16th 06, 04:44 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"PattyMomVA" wrote in

Great news, Nikki. It's wonderful to hear how well everyone there is
doing. Keep it up! And, thanks for sharing.

You bet. It is fun to share the good things. I enjoy nursing the under
1yo's. It is nice!!