My Day in Court

Old July 25th 07, 05:09 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Default My Day in Court

"Gini" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote

"Bob Whiteside" wrote
"DB" wrote

"Chris" wrote in

This is one trait in common amongst women who are paid to be lazy.

Women are brainwashed from an early age that somebody else will pay
their way in life.

Women with dads who remained a consistent, dependable factor in their
lives know differently and are the most ardent of father's rights
advocates.

Thank you, Bob! I find it outrageous and foolish that any woman
considers money more important than a child's father!

==
Yeah. but...the system drums it into their heads that they should go after
what they
are "entitled to" and are crazy if they don't. It's "for the child," after
all. We just heard
that story from Soprano and she bought into it hook, line and sinker.

Well, the system has to convince them of that in order to survive. If more
people realized that simple respect and communication work a lot better than
a big stick, the child support industry would wither and die. At that
point, the courts could be used to get support in only the most egregious of
cases--which is how it was always supposed to be!

Old July 25th 07, 06:25 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"teachrmama" wrote in

At that point, the courts could be used to get support in only the most
egregious of cases--which is how it was always supposed to be!

Good intentions is how this country got to the state it is in.

Keep government out of our lives and leave the rest of the world alone,
government can't even fix roads properly!

Old July 25th 07, 07:08 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"DB" wrote in message
news

"teachrmama" wrote in

At that point, the courts could be used to get support in only the most
egregious of cases--which is how it was always supposed to be!

Good intentions is how this country got to the state it is in.

Keep government out of our lives and leave the rest of the world alone,
government can't even fix roads properly!

We have had a proliferation ofthe most asinine lawsuits known to man in the
last umpteen years. There is nothing wrong with redressing civil wron with
a lawsuit, but it has gotten to the point of beyond ridiculous. This is not
what civil law was meant ot be for. I think we seriously need tort
reform--but not to the point of totally doing away with the system of civil
law. I feel the same way about child support. There ARE times that the
intervention of the court is needed--but they should be very few and very
far between. And the system should be FAIR--not obviously weighted in favor
of the mother as it is today. I DON'T want to go back to the system where
ignoble men can strew their seed with no thought ofr consequences--but
today's system permits women to produce children with no thought for the
consequences, so it isn't any better! Take away the unfair imbalance, and I
think that 98% of the CS cases would disappear.

Old July 25th 07, 07:10 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"teachrmama" wrote

"Gini" wrote

==
Yeah. but...the system drums it into their heads that they should go
after what they
are "entitled to" and are crazy if they don't. It's "for the child,"
after all. We just heard
that story from Soprano and she bought into it hook, line and sinker.

Well, the system has to convince them of that in order to survive. If
more people realized that simple respect and communication work a lot
better than a big stick, the child support industry would wither and die.
At that point, the courts could be used to get support in only the most
egregious of cases--which is how it was always supposed to be!

==
I don't think many CPs understand that they are turning control of their
children over to the state.
Yet, when I was a single mom, I couldn't imagine giving that control to
government and wouldn't
even think of it--for a piddly amount of money and years of battles??
Incomprehensible.

Old July 25th 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"Gini" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote

"Gini" wrote

==
Yeah. but...the system drums it into their heads that they should go
after what they
are "entitled to" and are crazy if they don't. It's "for the child,"
after all. We just heard
that story from Soprano and she bought into it hook, line and sinker.

Well, the system has to convince them of that in order to survive. If
more people realized that simple respect and communication work a lot
better than a big stick, the child support industry would wither and die.
At that point, the courts could be used to get support in only the most
egregious of cases--which is how it was always supposed to be!

==
I don't think many CPs understand that they are turning control of their
children over to the state.

Or allowing government defined children's rights to trump their own parental
rights. Government rhetoric about our children's rights is tempting for
mothers to accept because they use the reward of custody and the father's
money to buy compliance.

If child custody and CS money were much less predictable, and the outcome of
court decisions were in doubt, fewer women would accept the incentives to
breakup families.