Child Support ?'s

Old July 11th 07, 12:32 AM posted to alt.child-support
Lyn Simpkins

Default Child Support ?'s

Yea, he is a jerk. She hardly remembers him. She asks questions every
once in a blue moon but for the most part, I never talk about him, never
even bring his name up, I don't want her to think the reason he doesn't
come around is because she has done something to offend him. I never
want her to think it's her fault at all!!!

Old July 11th 07, 01:03 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Relayer" wrote

Yes, she qualifies for social security disability benefits in lieu of
child support. His children qualify for what is known as a family
benefit. You may be able to do this on your own at the local SSA
office if you know his SS number. His kids paymnet would be 1/2 of
whatever he is receivng now. It does not affect his benefits. Example,
if he gets $1000 a month, his kids split $500 (he still gets his
$1000). If there is one kid, its $500 per kid. If there are 5 kids,
it's $100 per kid (regardless of number of marriages).

==
Where did you get this?? If what you say is true then there has been an
entire restructuring of SSD in the last 2 years. Whether benefits are
payable to his children
depends entirely on the amount of SSD he receives. Also, if he is receiving
SSI instead of SSD
benefits the OP wasn't clear on this), the child(ren) receive nothing.

Old July 11th 07, 01:17 AM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Jul 10, 7:03?pm, "Gini" wrote:
[...]

Sorry, you are 100% incorrect on the SSDI part.( Correct on SSI). SSDI
familiy benefit (total a family can get is 150% of what the
beneficiary gets. Example,, beneficiary qualifies for $1000 a month on
his own, the familiy benefit is $1500 of which $1000 goes to
beneficiary and $500 to the kids (and wife is she qualifies). It ad
not been restructed. It has nnot changed. It has been this way for
years. If he receives $100 a month SSDI, his kids get $50. If he
recives $2000 a month SSDI, his kids get $1000. THAT IS HOW IT WORKS.

Old July 11th 07, 01:51 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Relayer" wrote
"Gini" wrote:
[...]

Well then, the SSA administrators who handled my son's case were wrong and
the SSA owes my
grandson a lot of money. They said that SSDI is only paid to dependents if
the disabled person
qualifies for an award over and above the amount the disabled person
requires for basic needs.
My son receives 300. per month SSD and my grandson (his son) receives
nothing.

Old July 11th 07, 04:31 AM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Jul 10, 7:51?pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Relayer" wrote

"Gini" wrote:
[...]

nothing.- Hide quoted text -

That is incorrect. SSDI is not a needs based program. SSI is however.
SSDI is based upon work credits and amount paid into the system. It
has nothing what so ever to do with someones basic needs and those
don't even come into play. Neither do assets, etc. Maximum SSDI
benefit per month is around $2150 for an individual, $3200 for family,
depending on work credits and amount paid in.

SSI on the other hand does and it takes expenses, assets, etc into
account before determining the amount. Maximum benefit for SSI is
around $650 a month. $300 is more typical.

Look at SSDI as actual insurance that is paid into and paid out when
you become injured or sick. SSI is more of a welfare type of program,
for people who do not have enough work credits to qualify for actual
insurance (or worked for cash, etc) but are disabled. If you Grandson
is not getting benefits, it is because your son is receiving SSI, not
SSDI, as with SSDI, it is supposed to be automatic. IF he is indeed
getting SSDI, then yes, they would owe your granson some dough. If
it's SSDI, it would be $150 a month. Something tells me your son has
SSI.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...topics?lnk=srg

They will give you more info. Lots of knowledgeable folks there.

Old July 11th 07, 04:44 AM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Relayer" wrote
If you Grandson
is not getting benefits, it is because your son is receiving SSI, not
SSDI, as with SSDI, it is supposed to be automatic.

==
You are wrong.
==
IF he is indeed
getting SSDI, then yes, they would owe your granson some dough. If
it's SSDI, it would be $150 a month. Something tells me your son has
SSI.

==
Umm...He receives 300. *SSD.* I know the difference between the two
and how they are each calculated. I spent two years trodding through
the system on behalf of my son. He receives $300. *SSD* and $300. *SSI.*
for a total of 600. per month. I will have to call SSA tomorrow and tell
them
you said they are wrong and my grandson is owed money. Can't wait to hear
their jaws drop.

Old July 11th 07, 11:59 AM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Jul 10, 10:44?pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Relayer" wrote
[...]

It should have been applied for at the time of application but its
never to late. It goes to whoever has custody of his son.

Old July 11th 07, 06:04 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"Relayer" wrote
"Gini" wrote:
"Relayer" wrote
[...]

"We" did apply for it--The SSD app asks for dependents and my grandson was
listed. I've already told you SSA's
response as to why he got nothing. At least anyone following this thread
knows there is a discrepency
between what you are saying and what the SSA says regarding SSD dependent
benefits and they can seek information from SSA per
their own facts/circumstances.

Old July 11th 07, 06:22 PM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Jul 11, 12:04?pm, "Gini" wrote:
"Relayer" wrote

"Gini" wrote:
"Relayer" wrote
[...]

their own facts/circumstances.- Hide quoted text -

If he is getting SSD (even in addition to SSI) his son qualifies. Go
to the usenet newsgroup I referenced in the above messages and post
the question there. Post it to "Jack". Jack used to work for SSA and
is extremely knowledgeable. I already asked for a link to the POMS
(the SSA bible) outlining it but Jack or Mike can answer the question.
It might take a day or so. Good luck. He has money coming if he is on
SSD. And since you handle your sons stuff, it's a good link anyway.

Good luck.

Old July 12th 07, 07:16 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"Lyn Simpkins" wrote in message
Whatamess!
Yea, you could say that again. Actually it was just a question I had and
somehow it seems like I am "Harrassing" her father, I don't get it.
He hasn't paid a dime for her ANY!!! Not a cent! I have worked my entire
life to support her, When child support went after him that's when he
claimed disability for what ever reason. He walked out of her life 7
years ago and hasn't looked back, he can not claim we moved as we stayed
in the same house for 4 years after that. And also, I never claimed to
be "rich" or needy, but if it's your sperm then you should damn well
take care of it. Disabled or not!

Once he donated his sperm to you, what you chose to do with it was your SOLE
choice.