Looking for quality toddler's bathrobe

Old January 4th 08, 09:36 PM posted to misc.kids
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward

Default Looking for quality toddler's bathrobe

On Jan 4, 1:58*pm, Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward wrote:
On Jan 4, 1:12 pm, Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward wrote:
Hi,
Every time I give my toddler and baby a bath I think how nice it would
be if I didn't have to manipulate the bath towel around the squirmy
and slippery child, but instead had a bathrobe for them that was made
out of the same thick and absorbent cotton terry. *It seems impossible
to find really good quality plain white cotton bathrobes for kids that
young.
* * * * You should turn up some if you google "toddler robe terry"
I saw a few come up that were plain white, or nearly so.

I've done an initial search but can't seem to find something really
thick and plush, like the kind of thing you get for adults in nice
hotels. *Something that absorbs really well and is heavy.

I was hoping for some personal recommendations, if people had found
something that fitted the bill... Thanks though!

* * * * My experience has been that the really thick bathrobes
are a bit unwieldy for little ones. *They're not *that* big
or sodden, and they're so little that the heavy terry just
makes them look like stuffed sausages. *We had one robe I
particularly liked that was a heavier cotton interlock.

Best wishes,
Ericka- Hide quoted text -

I'm sure you're right... I just fantasize about this perfect thick
robe though...

I just gave my little one a bath and the towel was all over the place
and he hated having his arms constrained...
Old January 4th 08, 09:37 PM posted to misc.kids

On Jan 4, 1:55*pm, Penny Gaines wrote:
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward wrote:
On Jan 4, 1:12 pm, Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward wrote:
Hi,
Every time I give my toddler and baby a bath I think how nice it would
be if I didn't have to manipulate the bath towel around the squirmy
and slippery child, but instead had a bathrobe for them that was made
out of the same thick and absorbent cotton terry. *It seems impossible
to find really good quality plain white cotton bathrobes for kids that
young.
* * * * You should turn up some if you google "toddler robe terry"
I saw a few come up that were plain white, or nearly so.

Take care,
Ericka

I've done an initial search but can't seem to find something really
thick and plush, like the kind of thing you get for adults in nice
hotels. *Something that absorbs really well and is heavy.

I was hoping for some personal recommendations, if people had found
something that fitted the bill... Thanks though!

If I was looking, I'd try "the White Company": in fact they have

http://www.thewhitecompany.com/depar...ode=CHD&DepCod...

which they describe as

"Blue Stripe Robe * * * * *
A classic blue striped robe in pure cotton velour with towelling on the
inside for extra absorbency on bath nights." *(They also have a pink
flowery one.)

I haven't bought any chidren's goods from them, but other things I have
are good quality.

HTH
--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Penny. I should look at equivalent American purveyors of white
goods...
Old January 4th 08, 09:47 PM posted to misc.kids
Pologirl

I had the same experience as Cjra, and have discarded our toddler
robes. And the toddler towels too.

In fact, we are on the lookout for *thinner* towels for the entire
family, as the current trend is thicker and thicker, to the point that
the towels won't dry and mildew is becoming an issue. (There's the
reason those luxury hotel towels are white.)

I used to have some enormous, very thin bath sheets from Germany
(Mo"ve), in a fine terry cloth. I think they were marketed as beach
towels. Those were the best.

Pologirl
Old January 4th 08, 11:15 PM posted to misc.kids
Cathy Kearns

"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message

Thanks Penny. I should look at equivalent American purveyors of white
goods...

I didn't realize you were in America. Garnet Hill, which has excellent
quality towels, has terry robes for toddlers:

http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?i...adoResultId=10

Old January 5th 08, 12:56 AM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues

"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message
Hi,

Every time I give my toddler and baby a bath I think how nice it would
be if I didn't have to manipulate the bath towel around the squirmy
and slippery child, but instead had a bathrobe for them that was made
out of the same thick and absorbent cotton terry. It seems impossible
to find really good quality plain white cotton bathrobes for kids that
young.

Buy a big towel and sew them yourself.
Why spend 30-40 bucks retail for something they'll use for a very short time
?

Old January 5th 08, 01:46 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:53:59 -0800 (PST), Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward
wrote:

Hi,

Every time I give my toddler and baby a bath I think how nice it would
be if I didn't have to manipulate the bath towel around the squirmy
and slippery child, but instead had a bathrobe for them that was made
out of the same thick and absorbent cotton terry. It seems impossible
to find really good quality plain white cotton bathrobes for kids that
young.

Any recs?

Thanks!

My kids have always used those towels that go over the head with a hood
that makes them look like some sort of animal or flower. Easier to put on
than a bathrobe.
Old January 5th 08, 04:43 AM posted to misc.kids
RosalieAnn Beasley

"Cathy Kearns" wrote in message
news

"Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward" wrote in message

Thanks Penny. I should look at equivalent American purveyors of white
goods...

I didn't realize you were in America. Garnet Hill, which has excellent
quality towels, has terry robes for toddlers:

http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?i...adoResultId=10

When my kids were babies, I bought terry and sewed one corner together in
for about 4 inches to make a hood and then hemmed. My dad had made a wooden
tray kind of thing that fitted over the end of the tub. It was about four
boards cut so that they were a little longer than the bathtub was wide. DH
made one for me. They were held together underneath by cross pieces that
kept the board from moving too much, but it was pretty heavy.

When I bathed them, I put the board across one end of the tub, and put water
in the tub. I had the clothing they were to wear in with me, and I laid the
towel/hood on the board. I undressed them on the boards, transferred them
to the tub for the bath, and then when finished, picked them out of the tub,
laid them on the board and swaddled them in the towel. They were dry in a
jiffy, and could then be dressed while still on the board.

I could let the water out of the tub while I was dressing them.

I don't know that I had any problem with them when they were toddlers and
could stand and walk. . I just stood them on the floor and dried them, and
put their pjs on them - I may have sat on the toilet with them on my lap to
do that.

Old January 6th 08, 04:34 AM posted to misc.kids
cjra

On Jan 4, 3:47*pm, Pologirl wrote:
I had the same experience as Cjra, and have discarded our toddler
robes. *And the toddler towels too.

In fact, we are on the lookout for *thinner* towels for the entire
family, as the current trend is thicker and thicker, to the point that
the towels won't dry and mildew is becoming an issue. *(There's the
reason those luxury hotel towels are white.)

Ah, we have had this problem ocassionally too, when we have weeks on
end with rain. Fortunately, that doesn't happen often and we can put
our towels outside to dry.
Old January 6th 08, 04:36 AM posted to misc.kids
cjra

On Jan 4, 3:35*pm, Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward
wrote:
On Jan 4, 4:30*pm, cjra wrote:

On Jan 4, 1:12 pm, Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward

wrote:
On Jan 4, 2:09 pm, cjra wrote:

On Jan 4, 11:53 am, Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward

wrote:
Hi,

Every time I give my toddler and baby a bath I think how nice it would
be if I didn't have to manipulate the bath towel around the squirmy
and slippery child, but instead had a bathrobe for them that was made
out of the same thick and absorbent cotton terry. *It seems impossible
to find really good quality plain white cotton bathrobes for kids that
young.

Any recs?

Thanks!

We *have a couple really nice ones, but they were hand-me-downs from
my nephews in Europe so I don't know where they were purchased.
However, we *never* use them. I keep thinking they would be nice, but
trying to manipulate a robe, complete with arm holes around a squirmy
and slippery toddler is impossible. *And given I'm just going to put
her pj's on, it seems unnecessary to bother. The towel is actually
much easier to wrap around her and get her dry, while keeping her
covered as I put on the diaper, then each piece of clothing.

Really? *Well, what do you know. *I totally imagined a robe would do
the trick for me. *The idea being that I'd dry the kid with the robe
and keep the hood on as we exit the bathroom, so they stay warm. I
remember when I was little really loving my bathrobe. *But I would
have been older, obviously, and no longer squirmy.

Thanks for letting me know.

Maybe it's just my kid ;-)

We dress her in the bathroom so we don't have to move her too far when
she's cold, so the robe would be on for all of the time it takes her
to dry - like a minute or two. If she was needing to move around the
house more, maybe it'd be useful, but the changing table is in the
bathroom, and I get everything ready before the bath and have it right
there. Our house is too cold elsewhere.

Yeah, wish I could fit the changing table in the bathroom too, but not
a chance. *It's just tiny.

(Just out of curiosity though, if there's a brand name on your robes,
I'd love to know what it is. *I wouldn't mind buying one if it's not
too pricey, anyway.)

I'll try to remember to look tonight.I have one out, the other is
packed away somewhere.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

I looked, there's no tag....I keep eyeing it wanting to use it,
because it's so cute, but it's pointless.