Father Jailed for Buying Airline Ticket

Old February 20th 04, 05:12 PM

Default Father Jailed for Buying Airline Ticket

"Dusty" wrote in message
Father Jailed for Buying Airline Ticket
After Third Attempt, Mother Finds A Nasty Judge

See also Was Father Foolish to Move to Massachusetts?
Same Court That Advised Ken Newell to Leave Massachusetts

By Mark Charalambous,
The Fatherhood Coalition

Bill Leisk was released last month after thirty days in jail for buying an
airline ticket to Hawaii for his 16-year-old daughter.

The ex-wife, who had legal custody, could merely have told the child she
could not go to Hawaii if she didn't want her to do so.

That's what Judge Robert W. Langlois apparently thought on May 28 because

he
dismissed the matter on a technicality.

That's what Judge Christina Harms apparently decided on June 12. After
asking the ex-wife, "Why not tell her she can't go?" Harms stated, "I'm
going to dismiss this." But the father did not have a lawyer and the judge
apparently didn't make the proper notation in the file.

We see frequently in the Father's movement and in ADS here on the net some
activists URGING men to represent themselves in court. What we see in this
case, DAD IN JAIL is the all too frequent result of men TRYING to represent
themselves. GET A REAL LAWYER!

Pro se is an invitation to a jail cell.

Old February 20th 04, 05:23 PM
Bob

wrote:
"Dusty" wrote in message

[...]

Being born male is an invitation to a jail cell.

Bob

--

When did we divide into sides?

"As president, I will put American government and our legal system back
on the side of women." John Kerry, leading Democratic candidate for
President.
http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/women/

[Bob does not advocate any illegal, seditious, or immoral acts. All
posts are for discussion, rhetorical, or humorous purposes only.]

Old February 20th 04, 05:30 PM

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:12:30 GMT, "
wrote:

We see frequently in the Father's movement and in ADS here on the net some
activists URGING men to represent themselves in court. What we see in this
case, DAD IN JAIL is the all too frequent result of men TRYING to represent
themselves. GET A REAL LAWYER!

Pro se is an invitation to a jail cell.

I'd have to agree. This is a sad story, and the ex certainly sounds
like a vindictive sociopath, but this guy also seems to have a soft
head to go with his soft heart. She's out to get you, buddy, and she
has no interest in playing fair. Wake up and smell the toast burning.
And get a lawyer.

Old February 20th 04, 05:48 PM

"Bob" wrote in message
Pro se is an invitation to a jail cell.

Being born male is an invitation to a jail cell.

But playing your own lawyer is the high speed rail to get there!

Old February 20th 04, 05:48 PM

Old February 20th 04, 05:50 PM

wrote in message
news
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:12:30 GMT, "
wrote:

We see frequently in the Father's movement and in ADS here on the net

some
activists URGING men to represent themselves in court. What we see in

this
case, DAD IN JAIL is the all too frequent result of men TRYING to

represent
themselves. GET A REAL LAWYER!

Pro se is an invitation to a jail cell.

I'd have to agree. This is a sad story, and the ex certainly sounds
like a vindictive sociopath, but this guy also seems to have a soft
head to go with his soft heart. She's out to get you, buddy, and she
has no interest in playing fair. Wake up and smell the toast burning.
And get a lawyer.

I see so many men screwed by following the "be your own lawyer" advice
of those who hate lawyers.
It's suicide.

Old February 20th 04, 05:50 PM

wrote in message