Christmas Shopping

Old December 2nd 04, 03:56 AM
Cele

Default Christmas Shopping

HI, guys. I can't believe I haven't thought to tell the non-Canadians
among us about this before, but there you go. I haven't. It's because
my own kids are all grown up now and so I haven't thought about this
for quite awhile.

But.

There's a non-profit organisation called The Canadian Toy Testing
Council, which has for YEARS published an absolutely *outstanding*
guide to toys on the market. Toys are tested by real life actual kids,
who take them home, and then they are rated by the kids and their
parents on such things as durability, ability to hold the child's
interest, safety, age range, etc. etc. etc. I found for all the years
that I used it, that they never went wrong in their comments. I came
to swear by it when shopping for Christmas.

So anyway, here's the website: http://www.toy-testing.org/CTTCmm.htm

Look for the Toy reports - the new one is out. They cover everything
from the old, time honoured stuff by lego and Playmobil and Little
Tykes, to all the latest hot on the market stuff. They cover
everything from toys for infants through to the video and electronics
and things that adolescents are into. I heartily recommend it.

And for those who don't know it, I'm a regular, have no affiliation
with the CTTC (other than being Canadian) and don't own any stock at
all, much less in toy companies.

Happy first day of December. Take your positions,
please....ready...set......

;-)

Cele