39 weeks, I think I'm gonna go insane (rant)

Old July 31st 03, 07:52 AM
Plissken

Default 39 weeks, I think I'm gonna go insane (rant)

"Alicia Elliott" wrote in message
. ca...
Today marks 1 week to my due date. I seriously lost it tonight though. I
feel so unbelievably miserable and frustrated. Not really at the aches

and
pains of pregnancy, although they are also really getting me down. But
mostly because I am so unbelievably bored. I was looking at my photo

albums
tonight, and all I saw was pics of myself out hiking, taking pictures,
travelling, diving, dancing. ARRRGGHHHH!!!! -sob sob- I am so tired of
not being able to do ANYTHING!!!! It's so bloody hot here that during the
day my apartment feels like a prison cell, and now that we have a new car
without air conditioning I can't even go out for a drive to feel better.
Sitting for more than a few minutes hurts, walking is uncomfortable, it's
too hot to just hang out outside. I've been going to the lake every

night,
but even so, I can't get comfortable no matter what I do. This has got to
be the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life. I mean, I am prone
to depression, and emotionally speaking, that has been the hardest thing

get through. But this pregnancy thing combines physical and emotional

crap,
day in and day out! I feel like I am being horribly punished for

something.
: ( I know I only have a short time left, but every day I wake up and

feel
like it's never going to end. I feel like I've been sick and sore

forever!
God, I just want this to be OVER! I keep dreaming that people take pity

on
me and I am induced, or that the baby comes finally and I am so happy.

Then
I wake up and I'm still as huge and miserable as ever. I really and truly
hate being pregnant. Thank God I get something out of this because I

think
I would literally go insane if I had to go through 10 months of this

without
some kind of reward at the end.

My Hubby went out tonight and got me my favourite desserts and a huge
bouquet of flowers after gingerly stroking my back as I wailed and wailed

in
the shower for what seemed like forever. That cool water was the only

thing
that kept me from passing out I'll tell you. I'm so glad I have such a

good
man to stand by me, even though I didn't want to have anything to do with
him tonight. : / -sigh- It can't go for more than 2.5 weeks at the

most.
At that point I'll be induced and it will all be over. Only 2.5 weeks at
the most. I'm counting down....

-A very unhappy and uncomfortable Alicia : (

((((Alicia))))

*Labour vibes*
*Labour vibes*
*Labour vibes*

Old July 31st 03, 08:22 AM
Nikki Lowson

Hi Alicia

Just thought that I would send you some labour vibes.
Send me some back, I am 2 days late.... LOL
I feel all the things that you have been describing.... hot bored, uncomfy
and just wanting it to be over with. Well we don't have long to go now,
like you said you have a max of 2.5 weeks and me well, I have a doc
appointment today and a meeting next Tues to get assessed for induction
(which I am not too sure about at the moment)
We will have beautiful babies soon. :-)
Take care

*labour vibes*

Nikki (EDD 29th July 2003- 2 DAYS LATE, baby girl - Teagan Ann Rosa Addy)

Old July 31st 03, 03:52 PM
Carol Ann

:: Today marks 1 week to my due date.
:: -A very unhappy and uncomfortable Alicia : (

Happy Labour Vibes Sent, Alicia! I am so envious! You are having a baby
any day now!!!! Wow.....you did it!!

Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Challenges!
www.bestinatlanta.com ~ Your City Guide to Metro Atlanta!

Old July 31st 03, 04:20 PM
Mary Gordon

I know how you feel - I went to 42 weeks all three pregnancies, and
yes, I was some fed up with the whole thing.

However, hang in, hang in, hang in. Believe it or not, there are worse
things than doing that - inductions fail more often than you might
think if your body isn't ready to go, and you'll trade one misery for
another if you are seduced into thinking induction is a great idea. A
full 30% of first timers who agree to induction end up in the
operating room.

You can end up with a long, stupid, miserable intervention laden
labour and crappy birth experience, or worse, with a section after the
same long stupid exhausting labour - and you don't want to go down
either road if you can help it, since in the big picture, waiting and
being uncomfortable beats either of those scenes.

It will be over soon!! Give your body a chance to do its thing.

Mary G.
Old July 31st 03, 06:19 PM
Elle

"Alicia Elliott" wrote in message .ca...

snipped for brevity

Today marks 1 week to my due date. I seriously lost it tonight though.

Don't feel badly that you hate being pregnant - I don't think you are
the only one out there to find it miserable instead of blissful.

If you are interested in a suggestion (if not just stop reading now

how about going swimming? Water feels good and cool, and you will
feel lighter.

If you want a little tough love I can do that too. Just keep your eyes
on that prize. He/she won't be in there forever.

Elle
still TTC #1
Old July 31st 03, 06:19 PM
Em

"Alicia Elliott" wrote in message
Today marks 1 week to my due date. I seriously lost it tonight though. I
feel so unbelievably miserable and frustrated. Not really at the aches

and
pains of pregnancy, although they are also really getting me down. But
mostly because I am so unbelievably bored. I was looking at my photo

albums
tonight, and all I saw was pics of myself out hiking, taking pictures,
travelling, diving, dancing. ARRRGGHHHH!!!! -sob sob- I am so tired of
not being able to do ANYTHING!!!!

snip

(((Alicia))). I'm sorry to hear about how miserable you feel :-( I know it
doesn't feel like it, but it does *have* to end and some point and it is
guaranteed to happen sooner than later!! ***labor vibes*** ***labor vibes***
***labor vibes***

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old July 31st 03, 08:10 PM
Irish Marie

"Alicia Elliott" wrote in message
. ca...
Today marks 1 week to my due date.

{{{{{{{{{{{Alicia}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I don't even feel that bad and I'm 5 days overdue now ;-)
You really don't have long left, your DH sounds superb I wish I could get
him to pass on some tips to my DH who, 3 pregnancies later, still doesn't
really 'get' the hormonal aspect to pregnancy and dealing with newborns
/sigh
Anyway, take care, I am thinking of you

--
Marie
Mum to DD5, DS3 and due #3 26th July '03

Old July 31st 03, 08:44 PM

Alicia Elliott wrote:
[...]
to depression, and emotionally speaking, that has been the hardest thing to
[...]

I'm totally with you. I'm 39 weeks today, but I've been dilated 4 cm for a
few weeks now. The doctors never expect me to come back for my next
appointment because I seem ready to go. I wake up every morning and feel
like crying when I realize that I'm still pregnant. DH drags me out for a
walk every night trying to get labor started, but I'm getting so tired of
walking endlessly! I just want this baby to come out...

Manda

Old August 1st 03, 05:52 AM
Daye

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:46:35 GMT, "Alicia Elliott"
wrote:

-A very unhappy and uncomfortable Alicia : (

Alicia,

I hope you go into labor soon.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old August 1st 03, 06:36 AM
Alicia Elliott

Thanks Nadene, I can always count on your support.