Should kicking be downright painful?

Old September 20th 06, 05:37 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

Default Should kicking be downright painful?

Because I don't remember it like that...

Lately, every time this thing moves it really, really hurts!
She's ALWAYS moving, though, and more often than not, I can feel what is
probably a whole foot or leg trying to escape out of the side of my belly,
and yea, for some reason, it's very painful. It's going on right now, and
for the last 20ish minutes or so. I keep getting this one huge lump on my
left side, and it's very, very far on the left side, almost feels even with
where my hip bone is (but higher in my belly)
Why does it hurt so much?? It makes me stop whatever I'm doing - either
sitting, laying, walking, standing, it doesn't matter when or where, it
makes me stop and feels like a stab. If I push whatever part is trying to
get out of my stomach back in, it just moves to a slightly different spot.
It's almost like she stretches STRAIGHT out in there and holds that position
until I flinch and shove that body part back where it should be! When I do
that, the pain goes away.
Should it hurt this much? I ask because I don't remember kicking as a
painful thing!

Old September 20th 06, 05:52 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Irrational Number

xkatx wrote:

Because I don't remember it like that...

Lately, every time this thing moves it really, really hurts!
She's ALWAYS moving, though, and more often than not, I can feel what is
probably a whole foot or leg trying to escape out of the side of my belly,
and yea, for some reason, it's very painful.

When I was pregnant with Pillbug, I thought he
was going to break one of my ribs. He always
kicked me so hard, I thought I could hear the
bones cracking.

-- Anita --
Old September 20th 06, 04:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

xkatx wrote:
[...]

It totally depends on where they are kicking and how far. Alexander was
very much like what you are describing. He was transverse until about
32 weeks, and he would stretch his legs out and his arms the opposite
direction (think a great stretch when you first wake up), and you could
*see* from the outside how long he was (with arm length too) because
I'd go from small basketball under the shirt to what looked like a
board under my shirt going from side to side. And it was *super*
painful. He'd hold it until I could manage to get both hands on either
side and push back.

At almost 5, he still loves to do long stretches like that while I'm
holding him (and he's getting *way* too tall for that now).

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old September 21st 06, 10:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

"Irrational Number" wrote in message
news
xkatx wrote:

Because I don't remember it like that...

Lately, every time this thing moves it really, really hurts!
She's ALWAYS moving, though, and more often than not, I can feel what is
probably a whole foot or leg trying to escape out of the side of my
belly, and yea, for some reason, it's very painful.

When I was pregnant with Pillbug, I thought he
was going to break one of my ribs. He always
kicked me so hard, I thought I could hear the
bones cracking.

-- Anita --

I don't get jabs in the ribs or anything like that. It's definitely on a
soft part, and then this pain happens. It feels directly under my last rib,
but very far on the side.
I bet I'm getting a few vital organs bruised or damaged lol

Old September 22nd 06, 08:48 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Missy

xkatx wrote:
[...]

My baby likes to hurt me too. She also likes to hang out on my sides.
The first time I felt her kicking at my side I couldn't believe it was
really her. I just didn't know that babies could move all the way to
the side like that. I mean, it isn't really my side,but it is pretty
far over! She likes my bladder the most though and that can really
hurt. She also has a certain spot that she just kicks over and over
again and it's like she is hitting a nerve or something. My Mom talks
about how my sister's kicks and punches were very painful and never
stopped. She doesn't really have anything good to say about that
pregnancy, though. She will then talk about how it was also the labor
from hell. Heh!

I hope your little one decides to stop the painful kicking soon!

-- Missy
Baby Boo edd December 25th, 2006