Birth announcement and story

Old January 31st 08, 10:22 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jeni

Default Birth announcement and story

Hi All

Just a quickie to say I gave birth to my second boy on Sunday 27th
January at 5.05am. He weighed 7lb 5oz and is very healthy. His name is
James David and he's lovely.

I've posted a bf'ing query on m.k.b. if anyone can help. In the
meantime here's my birth story.

Also - I just wanted to say a thank you to everyone on here for their
positive stories about homebirths over the years. It is this group
that first made me think I could do it for my second birth and I
did. So hooray for m.k.p.!!

At 8pm on Sat night I sneezed and felt a bit wet. Checked and it looks
like a little water. Put a pad on. By 9pm noticed my BH's were more
like the early contractions I had with Wiilliam so warned Dh and went
to bed. Had a couple more in bed. 11.45pm felt a small pop and was
woke by a painful contraction. Deffo water leaking so rang the
hosptial to inform my waters were going. The MW rang me back and asked
if I wanted her to come. As the contractions were infrequent I said
I'd be ok. Put on my TENS and tried to go back to bed. Next
contractions was really painful so we both got up and went downstairs.
Kept walking around with TENS on, leaning over sofa for contractions.
By 1.45am ish we started noting down the times and were shocked that
they were coming 2-3 mins apart! At 2.30pm Dh rang the mw to come over
as I was in full swing. She arrived at 3am by which time they were so
bad I was throwing up. Nice! Carried on the same for another hour with
the contractions now coming on top of each other. Still using my TENS
and DH's fab back massage, leaning against the sofa for each one and
walking around inbetween. MW didn't even get a chance to check how
dilated I was or anything as I was too far on and there was no time to
get on my back for an exam. She rang the 2nd MW at 4, at which point I
started to feel the need to push. I asked the MW if I had passed
transition, she said I'd already been there and throughit by the time
she arrived. The pushing with painful contractions was really hard
but the mw's and DH got me through each one. About 4.30am the
contractions stopped being painful but the searing stinging of the
head emerging began. I never felt that with Wibs as I had injections
for a epi, so that wasn't nice. But again they all got me through it.
Was getting tired by 4.45pm so they suggested changing positions. I
sood up and leant hard on poor DH for a while, which really helped the
baby moved down. Was knacked so returned to kneeling over the sofa
near the end. Was so hard pushing through the stinging, especially as
the head would come down with the second push then go back up when I
stopped. I wasn't having that so by 5.00am pushed and pushed and out
came the head. It was awesome because I could feel it bulging with my
hand, which really spurred me on. It was amazing me kneeling there all
calm while they are talking to the babies head!! Last contraction and
out the rest of him came out. The mw passed him up to me once they'd
cleaned him a bit and I held him whilst the cord stopped pulsating.
They cut the cord and DH held him while I waited for the placenta. I
was too knackered to wait long so I asked for the injections and 5
mins later I pushed it out. I had small 2nd degree tear which she
stiched up and it was all over! Was very dizzy and sick but all in all
I couldn't have asked for a better experience. It was all over on 9
hours, but only in hard labour for about 5. The mw was only here for
the last 2!!

Having a homebirth was the best choice ever. I am a complete convert!!
The mw's did everything right, not interferring but giving me valuable
advice and support when I needed it. Dh was a complete star and has
been brilliant support since I could barely walk all day.

Oh, and William slept through the whole thing, waking at 8am to find
he had a new baby brother

But - I am never, ever ever doing that ever again!! .

Jeni
Old January 31st 08, 02:29 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

"Jeni" wrote in message
[...]

Congratulations on what sounds like a fab home delivery, and welcome to baby
James David... The last line did make me chuckle though!

Lucy x

Old January 31st 08, 02:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Jeni" wrote in message
Hi All

Just a quickie to say I gave birth to my second boy on Sunday 27th
January at 5.05am. He weighed 7lb 5oz and is very healthy. His name is
James David and he's lovely.

snip
Congratulations!
Debbie

Old January 31st 08, 02:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Rebecca Jo

"Jeni" wrote:

Hi All

Just a quickie to say I gave birth to my second boy on Sunday 27th
January at 5.05am. He weighed 7lb 5oz and is very healthy. His name is
James David and he's lovely.

Congratulations! It sounds wonderful. Enjoy your baby.

Rj

Old January 31st 08, 04:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

On Jan 31, 2:22*am, Jeni wrote:
Hi All

Just a quickie to say I gave birth to my second boy on Sunday 27th
January at 5.05am. He weighed 7lb 5oz and is very healthy. His name is
James David and he's lovely.

Great story, thanks for posting it. I'm looking forward to another
homebirth very soon, so I really appreciate reading others.

I hope my midwives can actually make it. We have been having
snowstorms about every other day and the highways have been closed off
and on.

--Betsy

Old January 31st 08, 05:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

A big congratulations Jeni, I'm really pleased for you.

Anne
Old January 31st 08, 08:28 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Me Myself and I[_3_]

Congratulations what a great birth story!!!

--
Pip, in NZ

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - March 02 - 4lb 12oz
Still as small as a peanut but as smart as a whip!

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - Feb 05 - 3lb 14oz
Two and a half and still a terror!!

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

Old February 2nd 08, 05:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen

Jeni wrote:
Hi All

Just a quickie to say I gave birth to my second boy on Sunday 27th
January at 5.05am. He weighed 7lb 5oz and is very healthy. His name is
James David and he's lovely.

Having a homebirth was the best choice ever. I am a complete convert!!
The mw's did everything right, not interferring but giving me valuable
advice and support when I needed it. Dh was a complete star and has
been brilliant support since I could barely walk all day.

Congratulations, Jeni!! I'm glad you got the birth experience you wanted
and you're both fine. I hope the breastfeeding will get easier, soon.
Give James and William a cuddle and take care,
Karen