So tired ALL the time

Old September 29th 08, 02:28 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default So tired ALL the time

Another (probably silly) question...
I just find I'm always so tired. It's bad enough that I find I don't
function even somewhat normal...

I did go to bed a little late last night... I ended up staying up and
watching a movie then went to bed after that.
I woke up this morning at about 9ish or so when I heard the kids messing
around. I barely woke up and barely hauled myself out of bed.
By about 1030, DD2 had a major meltdown and it was clearly time for a nap.
It doesn't help her that DD1 wakes her up far too early (which is a totally
separate problem and issue!)
So, off to lay down DD2 went. DD1 wasn't tired, so I put on the TV and let
her watch while I layed down on the couch.
I ended up falling asleep, although it wasn't really much of a sleep... I
was kind of half sleeping... I find when I do this, I'm trying to rest but
my eyes open every few minutes to check the time and to see what DD1 is
doing. She pretty much sat down and watched shows beside me while I was
resting and sorta napping.
I got up when DD2 woke up - probably a good 2 hours later. Once again, I
barely got myself up. I made lunch for the kids and around 3ish, DDs were
both ready for an afternoon nap. Took them upstairs and back down to the
couch I went... I read my book for a bit and then found my eyes going wonky
and unable to read. DS was in and playing a game on the computer in the
living room, DDs were up in their rooms sleeping, I was passing out on the
couch again.
I had a feeling that I would actually sleep if allowed (without the
eye-opening part) and asked DS to pass me my cell phone - and I set the
alarm on it for something like 45 mins from then. I actually slept. I
recall an odd dream of some sort and I woke up to the alarm when it rang.
DS was still on the computer playing, DDs were still napping. I still felt
real tired, but did have about 45 mins of a nap that wasn't half-sleeping.
Now it's hours later, pushing bed time for all the kids (school tomorrow,
ugh) and I feel sooo beat and tired still.
I've tried going to bed real early - there's been days that the kids were in
bed by about 8ish, and as soon as I heard nothing from any of their rooms
(usually within half an hour at the most) I went to bed. I still woke up
and felt tired...
Is there ANYTHING at all I can do?
A friend asked about my prenatal vitamins... I have them but I always seem
to forget them. She said that the prenatal vitamins might help with being
so tired all the time (but again, I do always forget, even if I have the
bottle right infront of my face or something) and I don't know if this would
even work.
Would they help? Is there anything I can actually do? Going to sleep
earlier doesn't help, nor does napping or resting during the day when I
can...