Anyone else losing hair?

Old October 25th 03, 07:40 AM
Shelly

Default Anyone else losing hair?

I've always had thinish hair, so I was so excited when I read in all my
pregnancy books that most pregnant women shed less and find they have
thicker than usual hair. Instead, I am shedding just awfully and my hair is
thinner than ever. Wah! My mom says the same thing happened to her with all
of her pregnancies.

So here is my question...has anyone else had increased hair loss during
pregnancy? If so (and if you've had the baby already) did you find the hair
loss slowed after the birth, or did it just keep going?

--
Michelle
critter edd 3/14/04

Old October 25th 03, 02:34 PM
Jtrlthomp

my hair loss happens about 2 months post partum and continues until about 6
months
Old October 25th 03, 03:24 PM
Carol Ann

:: I've always had thinish hair, so I was so excited when I read in all my
:: pregnancy books that most pregnant women shed less and find they have
:: thicker than usual hair. Instead, I am shedding just awfully and my hair
is
:: thinner than ever. Wah! My mom says the same thing happened to her with
all
:: of her pregnancies.
::
:: So here is my question...has anyone else had increased hair loss during
:: pregnancy? If so (and if you've had the baby already) did you find the
hair
:: loss slowed after the birth, or did it just keep going?
::
:: --
:: Michelle
:: critter edd 3/14/04

Michelle,

I, too, had thinish hair AND I've had an increase in hair loss since
becoming pregnant.

I have no idea what contributes to this. From what I heard, it was AFTER
the baby is born that you begin to lose (or pull) your hair due to the
stress.

LOL!

~Carol Ann
EDD March 2004

Old October 25th 03, 03:41 PM
Shelly

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Michelle,

I, too, had thinish hair AND I've had an increase in hair loss since
becoming pregnant.

I have no idea what contributes to this. From what I heard, it was AFTER
the baby is born that you begin to lose (or pull) your hair due to the
stress.

LOL!

~Carol Ann
EDD March 2004

LOL! Well, Carol Ann, let's just hope this means we get to have an easier
time of it all after the birth.

-Michelle

Old October 25th 03, 04:01 PM
Plissken

My hair seemed to get thicker and dryer (could wash it every other day as
opposed to the every day I usually need to) during my pregnancy. I started
to lose hair majorly at about 2.5 months post partum and at 5.5 months post
partum I am still losing it but not as much.

Nadene

Old October 25th 03, 04:14 PM
JNJ

When I first started bc years ago, I lost some hair(more than the usually
amount). My doc said it was due to hormone change. After my ectopic, I've
noticed similar hair loss.

Julie

Old October 25th 03, 07:51 PM
Welches

Shelly wrote in message
I've always had thinish hair, so I was so excited when I read in all my
pregnancy books that most pregnant women shed less and find they have
thicker than usual hair. Instead, I am shedding just awfully and my hair

is
thinner than ever. Wah! My mom says the same thing happened to her with

all
of her pregnancies.

So here is my question...has anyone else had increased hair loss during
pregnancy? If so (and if you've had the baby already) did you find the

hair
loss slowed after the birth, or did it just keep going?

--
Michelle
critter edd 3/14/04

I had hair loss majorly after dd#1 was born. (broke MIL hoover when we
borrowed it after only less than a week without one!) Started about 2 days
after birth, and continued, getting less, till almost a year on. Dd#2 I had
hair loss at about 20-26 weeks, and slight loss for the rest of pregnancy.
It hasn't got worse since birth. (yet-1week!)
Debbie

Old October 26th 03, 12:46 AM
jjmoreta

Shelly wrote:
I've always had thinish hair, so I was so excited when I read in all
my pregnancy books that most pregnant women shed less and find they
have thicker than usual hair. Instead, I am shedding just awfully and
my hair is thinner than ever. Wah! My mom says the same thing
happened to her with all of her pregnancies.

So here is my question...has anyone else had increased hair loss
during pregnancy? If so (and if you've had the baby already) did you
find the hair loss slowed after the birth, or did it just keep going?

Hair loss can happen during pregnancy, although its more common to retain
hair.

I would tell your doctor about it and see if he needs to check your TSH
(thyroid) just in case to see if its low.

And don't feel bad because all these pregnant women with thicker hair tend
to LOSE it right after pregnancy. My sister has thicker hair than I do and
I remember that during her first pregnancy, she could hardly get a brush
through her hair. A few months later, she would have to clean out her
hairbrush at least once a day.

- Joanne
#1 - 37w4d

Old October 26th 03, 05:52 PM
Shelly

"Welches" wrote in message
I had hair loss majorly after dd#1 was born. (broke MIL hoover when we
borrowed it after only less than a week without one!) Started about 2 days
after birth, and continued, getting less, till almost a year on. Dd#2 I

had
hair loss at about 20-26 weeks, and slight loss for the rest of pregnancy.
It hasn't got worse since birth. (yet-1week!)
Debbie

Glad to hear it hasn't gotten worse since the birth; that is very
reassuring! Thanks!

-Michelle

Old October 26th 03, 10:20 PM
Daye

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:40:06 -0500, "Shelly"
wrote:

So here is my question...has anyone else had increased hair loss during
pregnancy? If so (and if you've had the baby already) did you find the hair
loss slowed after the birth, or did it just keep going?

I wouldn't say that I am losing my hair, but I am shedding a lot more.
There seems to be a lot of hair that just falls out. After #1, it
stopped. I assume that it will stop with this one too.

The weird thing with this pregnancy is that the hormones is giving me
oily hair. I have never, ever had oily hair in my life. Oh well,
this too shall pass...

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan

12 month old pinches and pulls hair! help! Hope General 6 December 17th 03 04:53 PM
Did something stupid Jill W Pregnancy 7 October 9th 03 07:42 PM
who colored their hair? Karen P General 13 August 8th 03 03:43 AM
who colored their hair? Karen P Pregnancy 6 August 6th 03 06:20 AM
any tips on washing DD's hair? Jean General (moderated) 14 July 14th 03 08:02 PM