Helping The Control Freak Plan The Wedding

Old January 22nd 08, 03:50 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default Helping The Control Freak Plan The Wedding

My daughter and fiancé have finally set the "big day" but now comes
the fun part of helping the control freak plan the wedding. The
control freak being my daughter.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to helping my
daughter and I'm accustomed to her control freak nature. This could be
a really fun experience if you look at the right way. I'll just sit
back and do what I'm told when I'm told.

If you've ever known a control freak you'll know what I'm talking
about. These people simply can't give up control of any aspect of
their lives. They must always be in control, so the title "control
freak" is rightfully earned.

Now helping a control freak plan a wedding, can you imagine, after all
everything is going to have to be perfectly controlled. Anything gone
wrong is liable to land in quite a burst of verbal displeasure.

Now as the helper you have some choices. You can either step back and
find the situation quite amusing and thus keep your sanity. Or you can
get drug into the chaos and panic and loose your sanity. I'm opting
for the amusing approach.

Watching a control freak plan their wedding is rather like watching a
juggler with about 12 extra balls. Your just waiting for one to drop!
And eventually one will and all you can do is be their to pick up the
pieces.

It all began with choosing the "perfect date." Now a sane person would
wonder what does a perfect date look like, but a control freak spends
hours going through each month and each date listing the pros and cons
until they are satisfied they have found the perfect date.

God help us all if the weather decides to not co-operate. But that's
okay after a few stressful day my control freak daughter has decided
that August 16th 2006 will be a perfect day.

To the sane person it will be a perfect day no matter what goes wrong,
but to my control freak daughter all I can hope is that the day is
truly perfect in every way!

Well our next mission was the gown and if you have never shopped with
a control freak you will not understand how amusing this can be. At
least from the view point I've chosen to take.

Grant it some moments are enough to make your hair stand up and shout
"Stop you're driving me crazy." A couple of deep breaths and

http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Bot...002/47448.html

Old January 26th 08, 09:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Becky60

On Jan 22, 10:50*am, wrote:
[...]

Dear Mother of the bride,
Your daughter should consider herself lucky that you are concerned
about her and love her. My mother refused to partcipate in helping
with my wedding and I was worried she would even come. I had to have
a friend who was a very high class English lady whom I knew had good
taste help me in choosing my wedding gown. She did a great job and I
got the perfect gown at half price. Chosing the gown is one of the
times when the bride needs a second opinion. I wish my Mom could have
helped choose but at least she did come to my wedding (She loved that
I had it at Sonnenberg Gardens in Canandaigua, NY!). I was so happy
she came.
Truly,
Becky60